Sign in to follow this  

Getting bored now - WHERE IS THE PATCH

Seriously thinking of putting this game down, along with codemasters titles here on out.

Where is the Time trial

Where is the money fix

Where are the umpteen other fixes that ive seen posts along the lines of 'it'll be in the next patch'

Wheres LOORE? [ill be suprised if this gets an official response today]

Can i make a suggestion?.....you know you put up the thread 'Patch List - Last Updated 8th July'

How about you update it a little more often or make another post every week.... eeeeeeeeeeven if its just to say waiting this....waiting that....psx delay due to blah etc etc.

because it feels like youre forgetting us here....and looking to the next payday already.

You only seem to be responding to our requests, never seem to be pre-emptimg us ya know?

I think Loore said something about getting it out before the end of the month. Obviously that wasn't a deadline of any sort since we're one day away from it. Based on the GRID 2 experience, I'd say they'll get the patch out in another week or two? Mid-august, maybe?

I completely agree with everything you said though. The game is virtually unplayable at the moment, with all the small glitches scattered everywhere.

As long as sessions are still disconnecting, freezing, AI is still not showing up or not starting or not finishing in the online custom lobbies killing sessions in the process, RaceNet Club liveries are still not showing up properly, AI still needs massive tweaks and improvements, RaceNet Challenges are still a drag because of the idiotic AI, the leaderboards are still messed up, the reward system is still COMPLETELY messed up, the repair costs are still DEAD WRONG, cars are still becoming unusable, Time Trial is still not there, along other 283948284782 issues that have been reported only on this forum still being in effect I don't think I'll be clocking in any more hours in it, until the patch arrives, at least. The whole experience with Autosport is getting a little bit too frustrating at the moment. I'm playing this game in order to relax, not to get pissed even worse.

two good posts and i see what ya both saying. [the 1st two responses]

The info loore gives seems to be spotted around...id like to see a more central point, a sticky, like they did with the 'patch thread' i mentioned above, except updated regular.

And yes, i wanna have fun here, not wade through game glitches and threads.

Listen, loore and his cronies could be doing a far worse job for sure, but equally, they could be doing more, with not much effort as far as keeping us informed goes.

/rant

I agree. I don't like this situation either. I'm just trying to help by passing along what little & scattered information is available.

well thanks for the assistance man, forums need more folk like you.

short succinct informative posts with no sarcasm or insults.

You should apply to codies 8D

PC patch is imminent, last minute checks are just being made and the team are creating patch notes. Afraid I don't have any further updates on console patches at this time.

Yes, I agree. We need to give a better channel of information, but I don't want it to become nothing more than a thread full of "soon" or "no update".

Loore said:

PC patch is imminent, last minute checks are just being made and the team are creating patch notes. Afraid I don't have any further updates on console patches at this time.

Thank you for supporting the console gamers again! I'm so desperately hoping Project CArs will be a masterpiece so that we don't need your "ghost"patches anymore!

I paid for a game and season pass just to be able to look to a loading screen with an error notice for a corrupt save! I know I'm to be blamed to be so naive. Mea Culpa!

Loore said:

Yes, I agree. We need to give a better channel of information, but I don't want it to become nothing more than a thread full of "soon" or "no update".

Agreed it would start looking like the F1 forum if you did and you don't want that. :p

this is getting a joke I might as well a start again sick and tired of waiting shove your patch up your ar$e codeshafters 

andyparks said:

this is getting a joke I might as well a start again sick and tired of waiting shove your patch up your ar$e codeshafters 

Yep join the club. Just re-download it from the psn store and reinstalling it in the hope that...

With this I am not defending Codemasters, cause your complains have merit, and fixes shouldnt be necessary in the 1st place, although with the complexity of today's games, its basically impossible to do a game 100% without need for fixes. But if you want to have the fixes working as soon as possible, start playing on the PC.

What I am about to say its been written over and over, but maybe only the PC guys understand it: patches for consoles have to be approved and made available by Sony or Microsoft, which means that its out of CM hands after that point. What you should do is to ask your service providers why these processes are so complicated in their respective networks.

PS: A possible explanation why it happens: the main appeal of the console is how easy it is to use and how good it is to have its hardware listed, now both of these things are cool and mean less money on hardware, but are limitations in itself, and you got to live with them, or as I said, buy a PC, which is what you should have done in the 1st place! ;P

restarted if I get another save corrupt I'm taking the case and disc to codeshafters and throwing it at the first person I see

In PC you would be able to use both savegames at your discretion, I am guessing consoles will be the same, assuming you still have old savegame (the one which is corrupted).

In consoles can you turn the cloud sync off? Last year, in Grid 2, the problema which was causing the games to get corrupted was the Steam Cloud sync... Because of that I also turn it off in GA and so far I havent had any problema (hope I am not talking too soon...). Another thing you should do is a backup of your savegame, each time you finish a session...

don't have old save corrupt don't back any thing up as it should be save on a codemaster servers

ummmm...so i jus logged into grid and WHOA....it updated.

I came straight here and saw an update to the patch thread...WHOOOAA!

Effin  good work chaps, and ya beat the end of month deadline you kinda gave....lets just hope it works eh!

Still, good work 8D

so i went into Time Trial....I wanted to practise CAT  C touring on the autodromo do Algarve...jus like the racenet challenge.

But that track is not an option....nor are many others.

I wonder why?

shed any light @Loore?

Soooo, yeah, should I laugh or cry now?
I mean, great, patch, finally and lots of things seem to be done (most bugs of which I never heard of).
Time Trial! Awesome, finally training on tracks! But... WHERE ARE THE TRACKS?! Sure, you like to stick to your playlists, but if you'd have looked at your statistics (if you have any), you would've seen, that even in CatC, most of the time in custom cups the Grand Prix tracks are driven, I mean the full ones. I did Hockenheim Short only once online, same for Brands Hatch, or Mont Tremblant. Usually it is the long one and by usually I mean at least once on one of these three within 2 sessions. So, nice you did that, but limiting tracks is ridiculous and therefore pretty useless! How should I practise tracks that I actually drive online, when they are not available?
To the rest...
I thought the online repairs would be fixed? Nothing seen in the changelog and my Cruze at 76% still costs 6k each. Or does it just degrade slower now? ...if it is even fixed.
And the rear view mirror? I thought I'd read that it would be in the next patch... or was it 'one of the coming patches'?  [Edit: Just seen, will be coming later... fine by me]

I know, lot's of moaning again, but hey, that's what I'm here for. :D 

No in-game chat. No online track playlist updates noted. No repair cost fixes implemented. No rear-view mirror. Guess we have to wait until the end of August for these.

At least you guys have patches, here on PS3 we're just remaining naked. Just waiting to get screwed from behind.

Hyphy said:

No in-game chat. No online track playlist updates noted. No repair cost fixes implemented. No rear-view mirror. Guess we have to wait until the end of August for these.

and no racenet challenge AI tweak.

So CM just ignored all the main things people have been asking for the last weeks. I guess selling a car and buying a new one still resets the rank even though Loore said himself you shouldnt need to rank the car again if you sell and buy a new one.

And i thought EA and Dice was bad with the BF4 patches... :P

I`ve waiting for repair cost fix and its not in patch lol. It was the only one thing after text chat i need. Nah. When we see a patch next time? how much weeks for repair cost fix and chat you need?

Loore said:

If you do not want one thread feel free to answer in ten other threads lol

And you realy need moderator for this forum, so much garbage here(like this post >:) ), only 1% usefull info.

Someone need to close and delete threads.