Jump to content Jump to content

Why am I too slow in multiplayer?

they will be using mods which makes them go 5 secs a lap faster, don't get too down on it tho m8 its rife and seemingly codies allow it. there are even guys making money selling hacks for online multiplayer even being used on ps and xbox yet still codies do nothing about it or cant do nothing about it, either way it shows up codies for what they are.

its all in setup. I have same problem as generally use default setups. People who use custom setups can corner quicker and much higher straight line speeds. Why they can beat legend difficulty so easily as well. 

Try a game with one shot quali. Find it much closer as everyone has to use default setups. 

Not saying you are but you may be braking too late,try backing off earlier than you are.You want to be accelerating out of the corner as early as possible.Also some of them assists might slow you down somewhat but i dont believe it would be that much.
Dont know about pc but i guess they could benefit from using mods 
they will be using mods which makes them go 5 secs a lap faster, don't get too down on it tho m8 its rife and seemingly codies allow it. there are even guys making money selling hacks for online multiplayer even being used on ps and xbox yet still codies do nothing about it or cant do nothing about it, either way it shows up codies for what they are.

Ignore this post OP, people won't be using mods which make them go 5 seconds faster, chances are they've just had a bit more practice.

The best advice I could give you would be to invest the time and practice playing without ABS or Traction Control. Probably start with just turning ABS off at first. With it off you won't be able to dive bomb corners to the same extent so you will have to brake a bit earlier, but this will allow you to carry more speed through the corners. When I first started playing the F1 games I always tried to brake as late as possible, but that would ruin the corner entry speed.

Learning to play without Traction Control will help with your throttle application, and will also make you better at controlling the car when the tyres are starting to wear out. It might seem hard to do with the Xbox triggers are first but you just have to be very sensitive with your inputs, I play with a pad on my Xbox, and sometimes on PC and I play with no assissts, it's just a matter of practice.

Manual gears will help you as well, but some people have a harder time with this than other people do. You could try leaving automatic gears on but adding your own inputs. For example turn 1 at China the automatic gears will usually keep you in too high of a gear and can cause you to understeer, so you can press the X button to shift down a gear which will help slow your car down and help your car turn. The same goes for if you have a bad exit out of a corner and the game keeps you in 5th gear for example, you can press X to shift down into 4th and benefit from the acceleration. Manual gears is just a matter of knowing what gear the car should be in at what point of the track.

and as other people have said, car setup. There is a setup section on the forums and there is a general setup video which is good for a majority of the tracks, getting the right setup can help you massively.

Other than that just practice the tracks, getting familiar with the racing line and braking points can improve your laptime exponentially. When I first started F1 2013 I was struggling to play on Intermediate difficulty, now I can beat the A.I on Legend in a Force India on a majority of the tracks, it's just practice.

pmsl its easy to beat legend ai by 3 secs a lap not using mods and when you use mods you can lap 8-10 secs faster than legend ai and believe me that playing f1 games since 1992 I have had plenty practice. the setups you talk about change almost nothing as the majority of grip comes from the tyres which are scripted to wear at a certain rate. on a computer its easy to find the fastest pace of what the game/car can do on any given track.

also can you explain how using no abs or traction control gives you faster speed through corners? doesn't make sense at all.

pmsl its easy to beat legend ai by 3 secs a lap not using mods and when you use mods you can lap 8-10 secs faster than legend ai and believe me that playing f1 games since 1992 I have had plenty practice. the setups you talk about change almost nothing as the majority of grip comes from the tyres which are scripted to wear at a certain rate. on a computer its easy to find the fastest pace of what the game/car can do on any given track.

also can you explain how using no abs or traction control gives you faster speed through corners? doesn't make sense at all.

I'm very happy for you that you've been playing since 1992, I wouldn't dare to doubt you for a second.

Car setups do make a difference, I can generally imrpove up to a second just by going from the default setup to a custom one, and whilst it may be easy for a veteran like you to find the fastest pace in no time, we don't know if the OP has been playing since 1992 or since last week.

I didn't say turning them off made you go faster through the corner, I said turning them off will cause you to change your driving style which may enable you to carry more speed through the corner

Also the OP said he is using all the assists except auto braking, so for people who have been playing the game for a while to be lapping 5 seconds faster then him isn't that had to imagine. Maybe he just needs more practice rather than assume everyone else is cheating?

Dez0808 said:

its all in setup. I have same problem as generally use default setups. People who use custom setups can corner quicker and much higher straight line speeds. Why they can beat legend difficulty so easily as well. 

Try a game with one shot quali. Find it much closer as everyone has to use default setups. 

I think they should have an option for default setup races only in multiplayer. This is precisely why I don't play multiplayer as it's pointless trying to compete unless you invest countless hours into setup. 

I tend to use default setup in career mode as well now as I find the difficulty is tailered towards this. By changing setups in all the past versions the game becomes too easy or if I up the difficulty to legend I can't compete even with my own setups. Tbh this has ruined the past F1 games for me because once I know i have a better setup it's hard to resist using it if it's a track I'm not too good on or I feel that the AI are not playing fair and I'm forever starting career again trying to find that sweet spot where it's challenging but fun.

That is why there should be a difficulty slider  and of course the AI should be equal on all tracks by default. 

dfooster said:
Dez0808 said:

I think they should have an option for default setup races only in multiplayer. This is precisely why I don't play multiplayer as it's pointless trying to compete unless you invest countless hours into setup. 

I tend to use default setup in career mode as well now as I find the difficulty is tailered towards this. By changing setups in all the past versions the game becomes too easy or if I up the difficulty to legend I can't compete even with my own setups. Tbh this has ruined the past F1 games for me because once I know i have a better setup it's hard to resist using it if it's a track I'm not too good on or I feel that the AI are not playing fair and I'm forever starting career again trying to find that sweet spot where it's challenging but fun.

That is why there should be a difficulty slider  and of course the AI should be equal on all tracks by default. 

Aerodynamics:
Front Wing: 1 - 6 (depending on the track, higher downforce track, use a higher value for the wing)
Rear Wing: 1

Brakes:
Bias: Front: 48% Rear: 52%
Pressure: High
Size: Standard

Balance:
Front Anti-Roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11

Suspension:
Front Ride Height: 11
Rear Ride Height: 1
Font Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11

Gearbox is down to personal preference and track

Alignment:
Camber Front: -3.50
Camber Rear: -1.50
Toe Front: 0.15
Toe Rear: 0.5

This set up can pretty much can be used on all tracks on 2013 and will give you bundles of time over the default setup. It's a bit cheap but if you're struggling to match the A.I on pace, or playing in a multiplayer lobby then it's good to use, because you can gurantee the people winning races in multiplayer lobbies will be using custom setups

Practise-practise-practise. People get really good at this game, regularly beating the AI on Legend, think they've mastered it then join our league and are totally shocked to find what "fast" really is. Some of our top guys can beat the AI on legend in the Marussia - not kidding! Not me, I'm one of the "midfielders", but I still beat the AI on occasion in the Toro Rosso.

Dez0808 said:

using Custom setups?

Mark's setup above is not far off, although all but the top guys will need a bit more wing on most tracks - I am certainly using 11-11 wings at Monaco/Singapore & pretty high at low grip tracks like Hungary. Also the lower order cars need softer springing. 

Yeah, all serious league racers use custom setups. 

Dez0808 said:

using Custom setups?

Mark's setup above is not far off, although all but the top guys will need a bit more wing on most tracks - I am certainly using 11-11 wings at Monaco/Singapore & pretty high at low grip tracks like Hungary. Also the lower order cars need softer springing. 

Yeah, all serious league racers use custom setups. 

11-11 wings for Monaco and Singapore is fair, should have mentioned that, although those tracks are such a pain, need to practice those so much more because of how easy it is to damage your wing, absolute nightmare if you're trying to catch someone haha.

I've never had too much trouble for grip at Hungary except the tire wear which is ridiculous and drops off the cliff instantly. Me and a friend were doing co-op career, and I was supposed to pit lap 8, him 9, but he was really struggling so I said he could pit instead of me and I'd do 1 more lap, as soon as a crossed the line onto lap 9, it was as if the track was wet. Hungary is just ridiculous for tire wear on 2013, but as you'd expect the A.I have no problems