Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logitech G920 Steering wheel issues

Ok so I've just bought a Logitech G920 with Shifter and I'm having serious issues, It's just arrived all set up, loaded up F1 2016 and Woah, the steering is all over the place the brake pedal doesn't feel like it's doing anything, this is my first proper steering wheel, so I'm completely new to this but surely this isn't how it's supposed to be, it's almost impossible to control the car, I've read up and tweaked the settings everything at 0 rotation at 360, and I have to turn the wheel a whole turn to even turn around an easy corner it's impossible to do this on back to back corners, It's too twitchy it's impossible for me to drive in a straight line it's too sensitive but again not sensitive enough in the corners if you get me, I know theres a learning curve but this is ridiculous, makes me want to send it back and use the pad, also why is there no FFB? I have it set to 75% but theres no vibration or resistance on the wheel, I see people that turn around a tight hairpin without even turning the wheel halfway, thats what I want but instead to get around a corner I have to turn the wheel a whole 600 degrees and that still doesnt turn around a tight hairpin, I really want to start using wheel but it's impossible to drive in a straight line let alone a corner, also isn't the wheel supposed to return to it's natural position when I let go? I remember when I first loaded it up it has FFB and the wheel returned, but now I changed some of the settings it's gone the wheel feels too easy, I think thats what is causing the problem.

Had the same issue. Try starting the game without the wheel plugged in, then once the game  has started plug it in. It should then automatically sort itself out (I think it's 300 degree rotation). There is also a firmware update for the wheel on the Logitech website which stops the wheel resetting to 900 degree rotation when going back to xbox home. 

Hope this helps. 

Hi I've tried that, I'm using it for PC everything is updated, but it's still same as before, when the game is not loaded it works fine (it's stiff and reverts back to normal position if I let go, like it should be but when I load up the game it goes really loose, like I can spin it with just a flick and it'll spin the whole rotation till it stops, and in-game it's still the same I can manage rarely to get around 1 corner if I go slow, but it's way too twitchy and loose, theres no resistance on the wheel, and honestly it takes 900 degrees of rotation just to basically turn the wheel, will be returning it if I dont sort this out, for most people they can get around Parabolica with 1/4 of turn with steering wheel, for me it's impossible it will take 3 whole rotations of the wheel just to get the wheels to turn that far, and half a rotation to get around tight hairpins, for me it's impossible I run out of rotation on the wheel, ready to give up.

Oh sorry, presumed you were on Xbox One. Sounds like the game isn't recognising the wheel properly. Worth a reinstall of the game perhaps?

I've just reset default on the game, and it's much better the feedback is way too strong though it's ripping the wheel from my hands when I go on grass, I can finally do a lap of melbourne I did a 1.30.238, it still feels really twitchy though sometimes it will pull to the left or right for no reason, I have to hold the wheel really tight, is it a matter of tweaky the settings and getting used to it? or am I missing something

Maybe add 1 to the deadzone. You can turn down the environmental effects on the forcefeedback settings as well. 

G27, PC .
I have found it is a matter of tweaking to get it acceptable, both in controller and ingame settings.
Wings have a big effect on it too.
It's the main reason I want a wheel (eg Fanatec) that has some controllers on knobs physically.
I look forward to a wheel, or any peripherals, that tune in to how much force we actually use or wish to use, and that tuned in to what real life drivers use.

Yeah I've tweaked alot of settings and did over 200 laps in time trail to dial in and get the perfect settings, I did a 1.22.381 in Monza 

I play my G920 on my XB1. Every once in a while, usually when I advance between sessions on carer mode (practice 1 to practice 2; Q1 to Q2; Q3 to race, etc.) the game simply "resets" the wheel: either the input goes to 900º (in XB1 you cannot set it manually), or the FFB settings simply turn off (I don't fell any resistance).
If I plug the USB off and back on it usually goes back to normal, but it's really annoying to have to go up your seat, unplug the cable in the back of the console, and plug it back. Also, sometimes it takes two or three times to get it set correctly. Does anyone have the same problems, or know a way to fix it?