Sign in to follow this  

Patch (30th July) doesn't address repair costs.

I try not to whine too much, but how much longer do we have to wait for a fix to the ruinous cost of repairs? In this weeks Racenet Challenge for Touring Cars a clean race costs me 10K in repairs and earns me 8K for a win. I have a feeling it'll be even worse for some of the other disciplines.

Maybe they are waiting to make that upgrade when they have a date from Sony and Microsoft for their patch updates. Then there will be an even playing field for the community as a whole?

Nothing on repair costs, nothing on AI tweaks for RaceNet Challenges, nothing on AI malfunctioning in online lobbies. A heap of stuff that I for one haven't encountered so far getting fixes. This game will die quicker and more suddenly than GRID 2 did. Shame...

andyparks said:

what patch still waiting ps3 

It is for the PC and I think the repair cost thing may be here to stay for a bit. If you notice sometimes at the bottom of the screen it says something about: "Cars costing too much repair? Then you may have to sell it and get another car to avoid high maintenance cost". 

jerryhat said:

@Loore‌ has said that it's being rebalanced at some stage.

Thats cool I missed that somewhere along the line. And it has been quite a long line.

Guys.. guys! Calm down. Repair cost fix will come when enough booster packs are sold. So to accelerate the release of the fix just buy the booster pack. -signed Codemasters.

I love the fact where i said that half way joking when the patch was delayed the first time and now 3 weeks later the fix is still not in. Guess i wasnt too wrong after all.

I guess it doesnt matter since you already have my money but be sure this was the last codemasters game i bought. Once Project Cars is released you are pretty much done on PC anyways.

Also, we should only have to repair owned cars if we get it banged up in the previous race. This makes sense, and it rewards clean driving.

I hate the fact that I have to spend loads of money repairing a high level car before every bloody race, when I barely crash it.

jerryhat said:

I try not to whine too much, but how much longer do we have to wait for a fix to the ruinous cost of repairs? In this weeks Racenet Challenge for Touring Cars a clean race costs me 10K in repairs and earns me 8K for a win. I have a feeling it'll be even worse for some of the other disciplines.

While the solution is so bloody simple.

Just remove the bloody multiplier on damage for upgrades and tunning parts.

When you just bought a car it is fine you have 1 a 2% after each race.

If this stays the same after aplying upgrades and tunning parts it doesn't matter how high the costs are because I can do more races with the car before the need for repairing the car.

@Assiemodis‌ 

It's not the upgrades, it simply is the mileage. My 2nd car I brought up above lvl 50 was till that point completely without upgrades and still the costs rose. It was lower than the previous one, but only because the mileage was lower. Due to the Boost Pack the car just raised faster, relative to mileage.

It simply rises to fast. Less than 500km and damage is down to 80%. If any, the costs should be bound to the distance driven, as parts simply degrade over time. But after that, most things are simply replaced and the counter should start at zero. No one in their right mind would fix a worn part for more than a new part costs.

Better would be, if, say the engine degrades over time. So after 500km it is only at 97%, meaning I actually loose power. To replace the engine I'd have to pay 50000 (or whatever, depending on discipline). Additionally I'd have costs from race to race that don't lower power, but if worn out increase the wear of the engine, so it degrades faster. BUT these costs would have to stay the same. Replacing the crank shaft after 5 races costs as much as replacing it after 1.

Positive: I'd have the same car over time, as I only replace parts. To that the repair thingy would actually make sense, as everyone has to figure out when it's time to get a new engine, cause power is too low. Early replacing gets you best power, but costs much. That 'click 6 times to repair a car' without any use is rubbish. It adds nothing to the game... costs increase linear, but the car doesn't get worse if I race it down to 10% (tried that once, won every race :D ).

It's my impression that it's simply increased by level rather than distance or upgrades  - though have no solid data to back that up.

jerryhat said:

It's my impression that it's simply increased by level rather than distance or upgrades  - though have no solid data to back that up.

Level definately not. My 2nd car was levelled quicker and higher, yet it was cheaper to repair, as it had less mileage. But well, none of that matters anymore. Just bought some cars, and the rest of them is back on level 1, though tuned. Awesome job with that patch. 3 disconnects since yesterday aswell. Never had one before...

sucr4m said:

Guys.. guys! Calm down. Repair cost fix will come when enough booster packs are sold. So to accelerate the release of the fix just buy the booster pack. -signed Codemasters.

I love the fact where i said that half way joking when the patch was delayed the first time and now 3 weeks later the fix is still not in. Guess i wasnt too wrong after all.

I guess it doesnt matter since you already have my money but be sure this was the last codemasters game i bought. Once Project Cars is released you are pretty much done on PC anyways.

i agree iv stopped playing this too game is realy bad the online is a cheat fest,the repair costs even with the boost pack and coming in the top 3 every race still leaves me short of money,like i said on the steam forum ..no more codies games for me and no more games bought from steam..reason being as steam are the hosts for this game they should have insisted this game has at least the VAC anti cheat system ,but no codies could not even be bothered with that..so i no longer purchase from steam and i wil buy any future codies games second hand for the ps4..no more money for steam or codies

oh yea i just dispanded my team of 22 from racenet (3 lions racing) as codies can't be bothered to stop the hacking on there either...funny thing is none of the team cared they hardly play it anymore