Sign in to follow this  

Sim Racing = Cockpit View

1 hour ago, sloppysmusic said:

Making the game perfect would mean gamers would keep playing it for years and not buy the next year's game. Please don't down vote me lol it's not my opinion it's a plain developmental fact! 

:classic_ninja:

Am totally confused by this comment sorry, its a simple option in online lobby, am not asking for major reconstruction surgery which the majority of requests are ( Also makes zero difference ), and no surprise make into the game, wilst actual issues are ignored, 

If the issues that matter to me where fixed I would buy next years game, but as it stands 2019 in my opinion even though enjoyable is a disaster, 2020 I shall be missing putting all my hopes and dreams on 2021.

1 hour ago, BluntRS said:

Am totally confused by this comment sorry, its a simple option in online lobby, am not asking for major reconstruction surgery which the majority of requests are ( Also makes zero difference ), and no surprise make into the game, wilst actual issues are ignored, 

If the issues that matter to me where fixed I would buy next years game, but as it stands 2019 in my opinion even though enjoyable is a disaster, 2020 I shall be missing putting all my hopes and dreams on 2021.

I am explaining in simple terms why 90% of the very simple additions and changes requested in these forums will not be implemented in 2019. You don't want to hear it or course and disliking a harsh reality does not make that reality less likely to happen. We are not wasting out times making suggestions as the good ones will almost certainly appear in future games. Just NOT all in the next one. As then the game after THAT will not sell. 

I will put my money where my mouth is too. If 2019 is updated with the following few simple changes I will buy it whatever price it is. How about that? 

1) Ranked online lobbies with forced cockpit view and zero assists. 

2) Assists must not be faster than no assists. 

That's just 2... Will prove my point though sorry if people don't like the harsh truth! 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, sloppysmusic said:

I am explaining in simple terms why 90% of the very simple additions and changes requested in these forums will not be implemented in 2019. You don't want to hear it or course and disliking a harsh reality does not make that reality less likely to happen. We are not wasting out times making suggestions as the good ones will almost certainly appear in future games. Just NOT all in the next one. As then the game after THAT will not sell. 

I will put my money where my mouth is too. If 2019 is updated with the following few simple changes I will buy it whatever price it is. How about that? 

That's just 2... Will prove my point though sorry if people don't like the harsh truth! 

Harsh reality which you dont want to listen of course,

Customisation ( requested by the majority ) took I am sure long time to add in the F1 series, reality is majority didn't like / complained about it, ( this is the official F1 title, you wanna paint a car buy forza ) resulting in a complete waist of devolvement time which, could of / should been spent fixing the game.

Performance updates ( requested by the majority ) took I dunno how long, reality majority still complaining about it,

Assits unfair ( requested by the majority ) took I dunno how long, reality majority still complaing, and reailty is thier even worse,

Reality is Codemasters is waisting thier time on suggestions, and ignoring REAL ISSUES, this is what is gonna cause the next game not to sell,

2018 only reason I bought was cause of the Halo,

2019 main reason was F2, yet due to above I cant enjoy it,

2020 I wont be buying due to the state of 2019, as ive previously said the game on a whole is enjoyable,

You know aswell as I do, 1,2,3 will not be in 2019, am not convinced F2 will even get fuel before 2020,

people talk the talk about racing no assits, but where is the support, they dont want lobby restrictions,

Sorry if you dont like the harsh truth!

17 minutes ago, BluntRS said:

Sorry if you dont like the harsh truth

Lmao. I agree with everything you say and you seem to agree with everything I say so I don't get the above part? I'm saying yes the game is not what everyone wanted but most of the casuals are fine with it so it won't get changed much if at all in this version. The harsh truth I'm talking about is telling people who demand changes now that they ain't gonna happen. Which... Seems to be what you're saying too lol! 

11 minutes ago, sloppysmusic said:

Lmao. I agree with everything you say and you seem to agree with everything I say so I don't get the above part? I'm saying yes the game is not what everyone wanted but most of the casuals are fine with it so it won't get changed much if at all in this version. The harsh truth I'm talking about is telling people who demand changes now that they ain't gonna happen. Which... Seems to be what you're saying too lol! 

Yes where on the same page,

Am just saying majority who demand changes, usually get them, on average id say we get patches uptill till Nov mybe Dec, I think one year it was Jan, wilst issues ( yes cockpit option is not a issue as such ) but real issues,  are being ignored,

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, BluntRS said:

Yes where on the same page,

Am just saying majority who demand changes, usually get them, on average id say we get patches uptill till Nov mybe Dec, I think one year it was Jan, wilst issues ( yes cockpit option is not a issue as such ) but real issues,  are being ignored,

The problem is we aren't the majority. If all guys in this forum would have the same meaning, how many percentage would it be? If we all would say the game is bad and should be changed, nevertheless we would be the minority. Maybe 1%, because the majority outside this forum will be quiet.

So why should Codemasters change anything, because the minority (we) wants it?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

So actually by your logic, they might as well close the Forum down...

Or just keep it for eye-blind ?

39 minutes ago, Akkan74 said:

The problem is we aren't the majority. If all guys in this forum would have the same meaning, how many percentage would it be? If we all would say the game is bad and should be changed, nevertheless we would be the minority. Maybe 1%, because the majority outside this forum will be quiet.

Exactly this, and you should also factor in the lack of crossplay, which cuts the amount of players who can compete in a 'cockpit only' ranked game even more. The player base for this is just too low.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Akkan74 said:

Cause they should cater for all players, we all pay good.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, AcidBurn247 said:

So actually by your logic, they might as well close the Forum down...

Or just keep it for eye-blind ?

Listen to all, or listen to none and shut the forum down YES

28 minutes ago, Andrew210227 said:

Exactly this, and you should also factor in the lack of crossplay, which cuts the amount of players who can compete in a 'cockpit only' ranked game even more. The player base for this is just too low.

Translation, please dont make a lobby am unable to join, I need my advantage.

19 hours ago, sloppysmusic said:

Question on the "Assists must not be faster than no assists".

How does one make sure of this? Do you lower top speed? What's to say you do this and that person is still faster than someone who likes playing no assists but are not the fastest. Is that allowed? 

1 thing I keep seeing is people saying assists are definitely faster and this is when looking at other drivers' times and presumably comparing against theirs which are slower. Has anyone raced with them on and also off and compared those times? What was the outcome?

I'm not disagreeing with you or arguing for the sake of it, I am genuinely asking to understand the situation and how anyone can guarantee that someone using assist will never be faster than someone not using assists? 

Oh and by assists I do mean those in the assists menu not including view options.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martbloke said:

How does one make sure of this? Do you lower top speed? What's to say you do this and that person is still faster than someone who likes playing no assists but are not the fastest. Is that allowed? 

1 thing I keep seeing is people saying assists are definitely faster and this is when looking at other drivers' times and presumably comparing against theirs which are slower. Has anyone raced with them on and also off and compared those times? What was the outcome?

I'm not disagreeing with you or arguing for the sake of it, I am genuinely asking to understand the situation and how anyone can guarantee that someone using assist will never be faster than someone not using assists? 

Oh and by assists I do mean those in the assists menu not including view options.

I can't speak for 2019, but last year I finally made the switch from traction control 'medium' to 'off' and after a few days I found I was definitely quicker without TC (not much but enough to have to up the difficulty a point or two).

Brake assist and racing line definitely make you slower (assuming you're good at the game)

I think the only assist that theoretically should make you quicker is ABS, right?

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, martbloke said:

That's the ridiculous part about this game. People admittedly use TV Pod because they can see more and drive faster. Be definition, that is an assist. Why CM doesnt have that in the Assists menu is incredible.

Regarding which ones are faster, a car with TCS should not be able to accelerate as quickly as one without. At least, not in the lower gears.

There are plenty of FOV and can settings in this game, but there is still TV Pod all over the place. All that does is discourage cockpit users. Why get into a ranked or weekly when you know you are already a second or two down *every lap* to TV Pod users? 

I get that developers dont want to release all the good stuff at once. I'm sure the iPhone 59 is ready, but there is no money in that.lol Still, cockpit not being forced for a game that promotes wheels in the game is insane. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, martbloke said:

Good point but first of all I consider anything other than cockpit view a major assist. As regards some assist drivers ring faster then no assists, well of course a great assist driver will be faster round corners than a beginner no assists driver. As long as each assist is issued a penalty for using it then I'm fine. Yes power is the easiest way to do this like it is in iracing. I think everything about the iracing model is spot on except the pay to play model, which is the only reason I don't play it. Without getting into actual details here your lap times should be approx half a second slower for each assist you use. Turn them all on fine if you want to but you should be competing against other assist users too then. It's not fair even with handicaps to put everyone in the same lobbies. Without handicaps the no assist users are basically cheating to get the same results. With handicaps they would (and should) be much slower so would impede no assist drivers by their very presence. If there are not enough drivers left to fill the lobbies after segregation then the game is obviously not good enough to attract them. Iracing with its sub model, weak gfx and no bells and whistles except actual racing data always has plenty of players online. 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

Only people that dont think cockpit is a assit are the ones that dont race in cockpit. and reality is they'll do anything to keep thier advantage by any means necessary,

When it comes to a recognised assit ( TC, ABS ) , and they think theirs a advantage, OOOH STAND BACK BIG ISSUE, TOYS ARE FLYING.

Facts are facts thier videos online of F1 2019, same driver, same track, tv pod was nearly 5secs quicker than cockpit, facts you cant Beep with that. BIGGEST ASSIST IN THE GAME, 

• Agree 3

People will always driver with what makes them faster on racing games, however in saying that, there is a small portion of people (which i include myself) who have no care for being the fastest but want the most realistic and demanding experience. We all know that cockpit cam raises the difficulty from a driving perspective. Even more so in grand prix mode, where the tire, break and engine temps come into play and also the tire wear + track conditions, traffic etc. 

I would really like to see CM add a time trial option that has, damage, tyre wear and overall sim elements applied. No disrespect to anybody, but putting up YT vids Stating "NO ASSITS" but then sitting in a camping chair on the air intake takes the "NO ASSITS" aspect away period.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, DaleRossi said:

That's the ridiculous part about this game. People admittedly use TV Pod because they can see more and drive faster. Be definition, that is an assist. Why CM doesnt have that in the Assists menu is incredible.

Regarding which ones are faster, a car with TCS should not be able to accelerate as quickly as one without. At least, not in the lower gears.

There are plenty of FOV and can settings in this game, but there is still TV Pod all over the place. All that does is discourage cockpit users. Why get into a ranked or weekly when you know you are already a second or two down *every lap* to TV Pod users? 

I get that developers dont want to release all the good stuff at once. I'm sure the iPhone 59 is ready, but there is no money in that.lol Still, cockpit not being forced for a game that promotes wheels in the game is insane. 

Don't forget that TC also lets them go ful throttle over curbs and anywhere off track and they (almost) never spin. Without TC that's an absolute no go.

same goes for when you get hit sideways without TC, almost always guaranteed spin, whereas TC you don't.

it's TOO forgiving

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, AlexTT said:

Don't forget that TC also lets them go ful throttle over curbs and anywhere off track and they (almost) never spin. Without TC that's an absolute no go.

same goes for when you get hit sideways without TC, almost always guaranteed spin, whereas TC you don't.

it's TOO forgiving

True. They need a Sim lobby or option. It's F1, not Mario Kart

• Agree 2

I've been playing F1 games for over 10+ years (with Logitech Wheels about 8+ years). I always play Career Mode at 100% everything (practice, qualy & race)…. and I admit that I'm the TV Pod, Medium TC, and ABS assisted guy.

However, after reading these comments, I think that it's finally time for me to (seriously) try, ...and persevere with, ...Cockpit View, No TC, and No ABS.

I'm now looking forward to my new challenge of Cockpit Viewing, No Assisted, Career Mode racing. 

Thank you Guys 🙂  

PS: I'll be upgrading to a Fanatec wheel/pedal setup soon 👍  

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Marty_K_ said:

I've been playing F1 games for over 10+ years (with Logitech Wheels about 8+ years). I always play Career Mode at 100% everything (practice, qualy & race)…. and I admit that I'm the TV Pod, Medium TC, and ABS assisted guy.

However, after reading these comments, I think that it's finally time for me to (seriously) try, ...and persevere with, ...Cockpit View, No TC, and No ABS.

I'm now looking forward to my new challenge of Cockpit Viewing, No Assisted, Career Mode racing. 

Thank you Guys 🙂  

Thats is absolutly awesome to hear you wont regret it, enjoy your journey.

• Agree 1

Ive always been torn between Tv cam to play the game in a way as seen on TV (as I do with most sports titles) and playing cockpit view. Always had other assists off although ERS is auto since F1 guys mostly have this as auto I beleive.

I started 2010 in cockpit then had 7 years of going back and forth. My issue with cockpit is on one screen I cannot see the mirrors without having a far back FOV.

However for 18 I stuck with cockpit and also brought the horizontal setting forward meaning I can see much more infront that the defualt. Cant see sodd all in the mirrors especially in the williams but I love driving this way even as a pad player.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 hours ago, Marty_K_ said:

Thank you Guys 🙂  

You wont regret any! I haven't played F1 since 2012 or so and that was with my old Fanatec Clubsport. A while back, I got a new Clubsport 2.5, pedals, and F1 rim and love it.  

No assists will take a few races to get used to, and coming out of slow corners will be tougher. You really have to be mindful of throttle and unwinding your wheel.  A rule of thumb is visualize your shoe lace connected to the bottom of the wheel...if wheel is at full lock, your foot is off the throttle and as you unwind, you can smoothly get back on the throttle. 

What does everyone thing about the T bar in cockpit? I go back and forth on having it. In real life, you would see around it but in the game, it is plastered right there.  

Those with H shifter..the 70s - early 90s cars are a lot of fun. Some of the challenges with those cars depending on difficulty settings are brutal!

• Agree 1

On 7/19/2019 at 9:06 AM, Andrew210227 said:

I can't speak for 2019, but last year I finally made the switch from traction control 'medium' to 'off' and after a few days I found I was definitely quicker without TC (not much but enough to have to up the difficulty a point or two).

Brake assist and racing line definitely make you slower (assuming you're good at the game)

I think the only assist that theoretically should make you quicker is ABS, right?

I would think ABS would make you slower. Threshold braking is faster in real life and with brake force and bias adjustments, it isn't tough to turn it off. 

TCS and stability are absolutely slower in real life for those that consistently put a car at its limits. 

Racing line may not affect lap times, but the extra reference will definitely help consistent lap times. You can go to a new track with it and run competitive laps almost right off the bat. Without it, it will take a good 50 laps to really get remotely proficient at it. Or 1,000. YMMV lol

18 hours ago, Gysepy-Simracer said:

People will always driver with what makes them faster on racing games, however in saying that, there is a small portion of people (which i include myself) who have no care for being the fastest but want the most realistic and demanding experience. We all know that cockpit cam raises the difficulty from a driving perspective. Even more so in grand prix mode, where the tire, break and engine temps come into play and also the tire wear + track conditions, traffic etc. 

I would really like to see CM add a time trial option that has, damage, tyre wear and overall sim elements applied. No disrespect to anybody, but putting up YT vids Stating "NO ASSITS" but then sitting in a camping chair on the air intake takes the "NO ASSITS" aspect away period.

TT with damage would be a massive improvement. Looking at Monaco, wall riding yields some pretty fast times.