Sign in to follow this  

Tyre wear bug - Wear depends on starting tyre?

Question

I´ve tested a lot in china with my league mates last week. 

Multiple Races on the same setups by clear weather, with the same driving style in the same cars ONLINE!

XBOX One - Online Mode - China - 50% - Clear Weather - Full lobbies - Same Setup ( Every Player got his own, but all players tested with the same in every race)

We have all  noticed the same...

Soft/medium: 5/6% tyre wear per lap on mediums
SS/medium: 7/8% tyre wear per lap on mediums

Just the Supersoft tyre wear never changed! All the time the new  supersofts are  at 75%  after 7 - 8 Laps

Summary: Starting on the supersofts in china is increasing the tyre wear of the softs and mediums massively. 

Jthorn97 said:
I'm bumping this since we seriously need a patch that fixes this crap. 
Yeah, especially since this is a sort of bug that just takes out the fun of the game.  One Safety Car and the guys outside of the top 10 have a field day, as theirt hardest compound might go the whole race.

Jthorn97 said:
I'm bumping this since we seriously need a patch that fixes this crap. 
Yeah, especially since this is a sort of bug that just takes out the fun of the game.  One Safety Car and the guys outside of the top 10 have a field day, as theirt hardest compound might go the whole race.
It's completely gamebreaking....  

Very disappointing, this explains all of our league results in the last weeks, the guys from outside the Top 10 always came back to the top easily. Pls codies, this is a major bug, not some kind of minor problem that can be fixed somewhen in the future. It needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Our german league with 40 people can confirm that bug too. It's not only a major bug, it's a game-breaking bug for any kind oft league racing. 
Please Codemasters, I don't think it will take too much time to fix that bug, but it's very, very important to do it as fast as possible.

jinCHEZ said:
I actually have 2 workarounds for this in case the bugs stays for some time longer...
as long as this is not fixed ot would be appropiate to tell them ^^

Hi guys I just read that this bug ony  happens, when you start with the softest tyre and  only when you reach 70% of tyre wear.

So,  in therory if you pit before reaching 70%, then you shouldn´t have the bug.

Did anybody test this ?

Also I noticed recently people crashing intentionally during qualy, having qualified with the softtest on the top 10, and then they start the race with a harder compound and 0% tyre wear. So it´s an unfair  way to avoid the tyre wear bug, and also to qualify on top 10 with the softest compound !!!!

jinCHEZ said:
I actually have 2 workarounds for this in case the bugs stays for some time longer...
as long as this is not fixed ot would be appropiate to tell them ^^
Haha it's not something I'm abusing or something and it's not even a fix, it's a workaround that you could use as a league if you don't want it to happen.

Woqrr said:
Hi guys I just read that this bug ony  happens, when you start with the softest tyre and  only when you reach 70% of tyre wear.

So,  in therory if you pit before reaching 70%, then you shouldn´t have the bug.

Did anybody test this ?

Also I noticed recently people crashing intentionally during qualy, having qualified with the softtest on the top 10, and then they start the race with a harder compound and 0% tyre wear. So it´s an unfair  way to avoid the tyre wear bug, and also to qualify on top 10 with the softest compound !!!!

No it don't care how many % of tyre wear you got. Also with 0% it is happening 

jinCHEZ said:
Haha it's not something I'm abusing or something and it's not even a fix, it's a workaround that you could use as a league if you don't want it to happen.
Can you tell us please ? I mean, why keeping it to yourself if it can help everyone ? Too long to explain ?

Nagrom said:
jinCHEZ said:
Can you tell us please ? I mean, why keeping it to yourself if it can help everyone ? Too long to explain ?
Because the initiative has to come from the league runners otherwise you'll get people who know more than others and it's unfair. At least it's somewhat fair now as everyone has to deal with it the same way and you can choose yourself what tyre you qualify on...

Tbh I'd rather they just fix it ^^

It's been more than 1,5 months since this thread has been created but there is no update. So, I decided to put my own test here. Everything you need to know is in the description. Please fix your **** Codemasters. This is not acceptable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSod6KMdDWc

we should keep this thread on top untill it's fixed oor a dev answers, because this is outright ridicolous.  No respose for weeks for a glitch that destroys the game experience is not very pleasing to say the least  @Britpoint @Lozzy 

Come on, if you didn't start working on this already, I would just not understand why. It' a gamebreaker. I 'm running my very own league and I get problems with drivers who just quit because of this bug. Sure I'm not the only one. We need a fix ASAP! Please. :(

Same here! Our league races on friday and on sunday were ridiculous. I mean it is obvious. It´s a big problem. Honestly what are we doing here?

Thats hilarious. As I  refunded this sorry excuse for a game, I have been watching my old buddies twitch streams of their races. Commentators were talking a lot about peoples tyres going off. Good to see there is a reason. Bad to see how little Codemasters seem to care considering how much they were focusing on the "League Racing Scene" with the savable championships etc.

I had to create an account just for this thread... Over a month ago @Lozzy said that they are looking into it. Well, how long it's going to take? It's ridiculous how you treat your customers! I race in a league and we are thinking of stopping our league because of this. Yes, we could "make" a way around this but there is no point. Better way is to stop playing and give negative feedback so others don't buy this game. Codemasters doesn't deserve anything better than that because of this ignorance. 

All these comments with "better communication with customers" and what Codemasters do when a bigger bug is found few months after release? Nothing! Complete ignorance is not how to treat customers if you wan't to keep them as customers. For me this is a deal-breaker and if there is not going to be an update on this thread within this week, I'm going to throw away the game and promise myself never to buy a game from Codemasters never again. And I'll make sure that everyone close to me makes the same thing especially with later products by WeDoNotCareAboutOurCustomersMasters. 

We've waited patiently for over a month and I've had enough! 

CM, c'mon. I really didn't expect that from you.
I was beta tester and I was very surprised how good you listend to our feedback and how fast you fixed the bugs. Also after the first few weeks. That was just great!
But what's now? There was found a game-breaking bug and there is no reaction from you since more than a month @Lozzy ! I really can't imagine that this bug will need much time to fix, maybe its just 2 or 3 variables? I really don't know, but what I know is that you really have to fix it or the whole game will be broken and unuseable for league races and and any kind of serious online races.
Please listen to your users like you did it in the beta!

FRACTURED said:
A great workaround would be turning Tyre Wear off...

Oh yeah they removed that. Excellent.
A good workaround would be a fix for a game breaking bug after over a month.. Also there are so many informations from differnet people over this bug in this thread... So you can't tell me, that they don't know what's going on!