Sign in to follow this  

Tyre wear bug - Wear depends on starting tyre?

Question

I´ve tested a lot in china with my league mates last week. 

Multiple Races on the same setups by clear weather, with the same driving style in the same cars ONLINE!

XBOX One - Online Mode - China - 50% - Clear Weather - Full lobbies - Same Setup ( Every Player got his own, but all players tested with the same in every race)

We have all  noticed the same...

Soft/medium: 5/6% tyre wear per lap on mediums
SS/medium: 7/8% tyre wear per lap on mediums

Just the Supersoft tyre wear never changed! All the time the new  supersofts are  at 75%  after 7 - 8 Laps

Summary: Starting on the supersofts in china is increasing the tyre wear of the softs and mediums massively. 

LGS469 said:

My mate phoned Codemasters earlier today & they said that they have no more patches planned for f1 2016 unless that find a major issue.

The reason why codies are staying silent is because if they told us that they are trying to fix this bug & fail , codies would look like idiots.

I hope this is a f*cking joke?!

almafi said:
LGS469 said:

My mate phoned Codemasters earlier today & they said that they have no more patches planned for f1 2016 unless that find a major issue.

The reason why codies are staying silent is because if they told us that they are trying to fix this bug & fail , codies would look like idiots.

I hope this is a f*cking joke?!
Britpoint pretty much said this already, it was in regards to the easy fixes they could make to improve R & D in career he just said something like (and please forgive my paraphrasing)
"Hi we are aware of the shortcomings of our programming in this regard and acknowledge all your helpful feedback and suggestions but...unfortunately we do not care"

This isn't a major issue??? What the hell?! It's ruining league races now because tyre strategies don't exist. Everyone does the same damn thing and the need for the 3rd tyre is 100% useless now

kingmjj said:
This isn't a major issue??? What the hell?! It's ruining league races now because tyre strategies don't exist. Everyone does the same damn thing and the need for the 3rd tyre is 100% useless now
This is ridiculous. The codemaster has a huge bug in its hands, and has no interest in solving it. At the time of the most promising improvements and updates they are good.

There won't be any news on this because the news will be that they're moving on to 2017 as soon as they're contractually-able to mention the fact that they'll be making such a thing. Anyone who's been around long enough will recognise this pattern - the patches stop coming before the problems are fixed, and it all goes 'no news' until January or so when it's time to say they're not making any more patches for the game you already bought because they're making another one for you to buy.

Well, if they are planning to do any patches, I think there is others that are more important than this, for example SC, AI and multiplayer.
Why? Almost all of the players know that this bug exists, so (in multiplayer leagues etc.) you can play more with the strategy. this one shouldn't be a surprise. Even if this glitch is very annoying, that's how it is at the moment.

Maybe they are trying to solve the issue, but they haven't realized yet what's the issue, who knows? Lozzy has said multiple times that he has no answer regarding this issue :tongue:

I hope that this above is a joke! 
The game needs a patch, that's for sure. Safty car, tyres, starting glich when someone rejoins for example. 
Sure you can deal with the tyrewear bug but if you got all 3 bigs i mentioned above in one race you get angry. Angry and upset that codies doesn't fix this. 

The tyresituation changed with the 1.6 patch. After that patch the wear was much higher and a 1 stop arround bahrain wasn't possible when you started inside the Top 10 on supersofts. Some guys mentioned it but everyone thought all tyres have the same higher deg than before, but if we know today, this wasn't the case. 

Please team do something

Lozzy said:
I closed the other thread because it was a duplicate of this one. Surely that was obvious? Lets not worry about debating that though eh...

As Fractured kindly pointed out as I've said before when I have news I'll post it, but at the moment I have nothing new to post. I appreciate that's frustrating but that's the only update I have.
You should be a politician mate! Way to answer a question without answering one at all.Its pretty simple is anything being done about this game breaking bug simple yes or no answer? If no why not again pretty simple.

LGS469 said:

I think that ship has already sailed mate its pretty clear at this stage that they are incompetent and disrespectful.

The bug does not work if the qualify rains and in the race the weather is dry. I left with the hard tire in silverstone, I stopped in the pitlane and got the tire soft. But it did not last like the hard tire.

We should all post here on this topic every day charging for a CM position. Shame there is such a bug and nothing is done!

If half the grid in your league race is qualifying on intermediates in dry conditions to get the free tyre choice you know that sth is fundamentally broken.

At least a patch for the tyre glitch only is a MUST

I think you do not understand. I'm sorry, my english is bad! = /

I said that during qualify, everyone used
intermediates tires.

In the race, the weather changes to dry. Leaving free the choice of tires. I chose to leave with the hard tire. I stopped on lap 12 and picked up the soft one. If the bug had worked I could have finished with that soft tire. But it only lasted 6 laps and I had to finish with medium tires.

So when there is rain on qualify. And when it's time to start the race, the weather is dry. The bug does not work!

@Lozzy @Britpoint @jennyannem ............................ whats the issue ..the community feedback as just resorted back to previous years with silence. clearly the game as serious bugs at the moment and you guys can't even respond to us or  acknowledge that you have taken what as been said and a fix is on the way..... you guys had made a pretty good game until these bugs surfaced from patch 1.6.0 please respond and let us know where this game is going......... these bugs are game changing bugs and need to be fixed a.s.a.p. also remember you will want our money come October so please stop sucking your thumbs and fix the game for crying out loud.............

I'm sorry Codemasters, but as a company you are a complete joke. Your way of treating customers is beyond unacceptable and you can't even learn from your own mistakes. 

As there has not been any comments from @Lozzy or any other CM employee, I can firmly say that F1 2016 IS DEAD. And besides that, so are Codemasters for me. 

I'm looking forward to the next F1 game... 

..which is made by a company that isn't called Codemasters. I'm starting a boycott against this company that doesn't care about the people who buy their games and believe that someday they will give something back. They won't. Ever. It has come more than clear in the past seven years. 

Oh and yeah, we had almost 20 people racing in our league. We made a deal that anyone of us won't buy the next game or any other game by this company. Hopefully that's just the start of a bigger "ex-fan base" that will skip every product this company provides. That's the only way to stop this idiotic behavior. 

In our community we were playing from 2010 with CM F1 series. Last year we decided moving to Project Cars after testing how bad F1 2015 was. Fortunately only few of us bought that version.

Instead, with PCars we have an exciting season, with dedicated servers, stable online, no lag and good support. Even 18 moths after release, they're still patching, adding new features and new devices (VR, controllers). Last patch of PCars is 11.1 and it's newer than F1 2016 last patch.

After the good initial reviews of  F1 2016 and the promisses from CM of a better support to the comunity, we decided to give them another chance. We found a good product (the best of the series), with a great potential, that only needs bug fixing to be very good.

But after the patchs the situation gets worse and worse. Each patch introduces new bugs, bigger than the bugs that they want to solve. It's like the senior programmers leave the project, and junior team is making the patchs, and breaking the code. All we have now, is the same unfinished product of previous versions, bugs everywhere, angry customers reporting problems, and a ridiculous silence from CM.

We have seriuos issues (tire wear, SC, lights sync, performance) and Codies have disappear AGAIN. We only had a few weeks of support after release, and then they abandoned this title without answers. Shameful.  

In our Community we promised ourselves not buying more products of this company for the lack of respect to their customers.

Congratulations Codies, you did it again !!!

"Abandonware: product, typically software, ignored by its owner and manufacturer, and for which no support is available"

DrSergey said:
I'm sorry Codemasters, but as a company you are a complete joke. Your way of treating customers is beyond unacceptable and you can't even learn from your own mistakes. 

As there has not been any comments from @Lozzy or any other CM employee, I can firmly say that F1 2016 IS DEAD. And besides that, so are Codemasters for me. 

I'm looking forward to the next F1 game... 

..which is made by a company that isn't called Codemasters. I'm starting a boycott against this company that doesn't care about the people who buy their games and believe that someday they will give something back. They won't. Ever. It has come more than clear in the past seven years. 
I for one would totally support this think as a community it's time to say enough is enough and stop these thieves stealing our money.Codies you are a complete joke of a company and deserve to make precisely zero money.

So absolutely anyone who works for codemasters,you see the feedback in this thread and the passion there is to make this game and this community great and you also see the strong feelings people have about buying your products in the future because of the silence and the distrust people have in your ability to provide the service you advertise and charge for,And there is not one among you who would even gainsay or defend your business model? Come on what is wrong with you people? If you came out and said we can't fix this because we don't know how to,because let's face it it's either that or we can't be bothered to and we all know it,but people would respect that more then this silence bullshit! I'd like to get your company directors and bang there heads together because they are clearly morons if this is the way you going to keep on treating your loyal customers who want your game to be as good as it can be. Yours faithfully A.Rant 

What chances we soon have an announcement that the F1 rights have passed on, followed by the permanent death of support?

Maybe that's what's needed.

The thing that really bothers me is that F1 2016 is a very good game!!

We got many things we always wanted and while there are still bugs and glitches the core experience is really good and i find myself playing this game much more then F1 2015.

However with this glitch the reward of good driving and pushing to the limit, which is a key driver in racing games, goes out of the window, because, there is no fair playing ground anymore. . Therefore i believe comes the anger of the community, because this glitch touches the core experience of driving and having sth. like this two months unsolved, while before that we got 7 patches between Ausgust and October is not really believable.

No one demands a complete overhaul of the game, but at least a fix for this glitch, so we can play our game fair and competetive untill the release of F1 2017.

Even if I agree that this situation is really outrageous, don't blame too much Lozzy. You don't know what's happening at Codemaster, maybe he is asked not to say more, even if he would want to. So let's keep the reproaches to Codemaster in general and not just Lozzy.
Btw, I'm going to put a negative review on steam tonight on F1 2016. I'm really bothered with this bug too >_<

Obviously we are angry with Codemasters, not with Lozzy. Codemasters works in this way a long time ago, so it's not Lozzy's fault. He's probably in the same situation of us, with no support from dev team. Maximum respect for his work.

yeah but the funniest thing is they employed @jennyannem to deal with us and the social  media side of things........ and she's not been here for quite a while with @lozzy updating us here so really don't know what happening but i thing i'm sure of is @jennyannem must be making lots of tea...... because what they say they employed her for certainly she's not doing her job