Sign in to follow this  

Tyre wear bug - Wear depends on starting tyre?

yeah but the funniest thing is they employed @jennyannem to deal with us and the social  media side of things........ and she's not been here for quite a while with @lozzy updating us here so really don't know what happening but i thing i'm sure of is @jennyannem must be making lots of tea...... because what they say they employed her for certainly she's not doing her job

Wouldn't hold your breath on anything happening - they've removed my old account and posts just because I was one of those stating my opinion of how bad their customer service is.

typical codemasters......... this company needs to be investigated by a consumer rights program (watchdog) because there becoming rogue traders selling a product which is broken faulty or unfinished but its ok because nobody reports them but here the link to report them and hopefully if enough of you make a report they will be investigated and get some serious answer of why they keep selling unfinished or broken products ........https://ssl.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b03bhwv8/contact

As @Lozzy has said previously, we are aware of this issue and we’re actively looking into it. Depending on the volume of work required to resolve this, it may not be something we have the resource to fix for F1 2016 – but we’ll keep you updated on our findings as and when we can! If, on this occasion, it’s something we aren’t able to resolve for F1 2016, then we will make it a priority to fix for future projects

ksells said:
Wouldn't hold your breath on anything happening - they've removed my old account and posts just because I was one of those stating my opinion of how bad their customer service is.
No, that's not true, you were banned for being abusive. You're also about to be banned for having multiple accounts, which is against the terms and conditions you agreed to when you joined this forum.

Thank you for your answer. Not very hopeful, but we appreciate any news.

This particular issue isn't a design or a performance problem that affects the core of the game. It's a code bug, or a bad parameter introduced in one of your patchs, that I'm sure you can easily fix. I don't think that waiting one year and paying again for the next release, could be a valid solution for any customer.

Please inform us asap if this issue will be fixed or not, to organize our leagues using the standart F1 rules, or forcing players to use same tyre to have a fair competition.

...it may not be something we have the resource to fix for F1 2016...
As i said above, the bug is there since v1.5 
hope that helps 

Thank you @jennyannem given that this was caused by an updated patch couldn't you revert us back to 1.2.0?which was good i had no complaints...... when game was released handling was great(now it feels really arcade) there weren't many bugs. Given thou we have this game for at least another 9 months the Tyre wear issue the start light glitch its broken and need fixing not for the next game for this game with urgent attention to detail.
 You (codemasters) have surprised us in many ways with what you delivered in 2016 this years title is whiskers away from being a great game so please don't stop the support and work on getting these major bugs resolved no matter what we will support codemasters titles for years to come........
I do sympathies with you guys with some of the complaints you received about the cars looks,helmets to small mercedes wing is wrong this is utter bullshit and not what we want fixed.......
But this tyre wear issue and the start light glitch are game breaking issues and need resolving with urgent attention to detail. I'd even pay to have these glitches fixed otherwise i may aswell pack the game away and label fuc4ed

As @Lozzy has said previously, we are aware of this issue and we’re actively looking into it. Depending on the volume of work required to resolve this, it may not be something we have the resource to fix for F1 2016 – but we’ll keep you updated on our findings as and when we can! If, on this occasion, it’s something we aren’t able to resolve for F1 2016, then we will make it a priority to fix for future projects
I really appreciate the answer and i really hope you guys are going to do everything possible to solve this because this game has a remaining lifespan of minimum seven months and therefore i hope the devs are doing their best to reward players sticking with the game and find a solution to this issue. Seven Months with this glitch would be huge letdown tbh , therefore i am praying for a solution

So...
1) There is a problem, you are looking into it.
2) Next step, set the expectation that nothing will be done to resolve it, in the terms of the finest politician.
3) Considering it's been about 7 weeks since your last post (congrats on following through with last year's promises of more communication), can we assume "as and when you can" will be sometime in February?
4) Finally, if you don't fix it for 2016 (which is the game where we are seeing this issue RIGHT NOW) you'll make it a priority to fix in future projects?? We don't even know if you've got the licence for 17 so how does this offer any reassurance.

This isn't some free to play Android app here. Much better is to be expected in terms of your customer support. You've taken full price from a lot of people for THIS game, and we are telling you what the issues are with THIS game. Future projects doesn't cut it as we have not yet paid fo r, downloaded or updated the future project. So let's start focusing on the game we are talking about shall we?

You've also previously made some comments about the online championship and how you'd be getting feedback from the community as to how you would improve it. Unfortunately I haven't found any of these threads? 

So a suggestion WRT to the Online Championship: fix the tyre wear bug for the sake of fair competition. At some point the fans will stop randomly handing you their money for lies and half truths.

According to the current (nearly 4 months after retail launch) F1 2016 Steam global achievement stats for PC players:
• 34% have achieved "A Truly Global Sport - Complete 10 laps at the new Baku circuit"
• 25.8% have achieved "Taking It Online - Complete an Online Race"
• 13.8% have achieved "Competitive Streak - Complete 5 Online Races"
• 11.3% have achieved "Making Progress- Have 50% of the vehicle upgrades applied"
• 6.9% have achieved "Car Control - Complete any race with all assists disabled"

Maybe these numbers aren't an accurate representation, and/or maybe I'm interpreting them incorrectly, but if they're generally in the ballpark, then data like this can raise some interesting questions, like:

• If nearly two-thirds of F1 2016 players on PC/Steam have not run 10 laps at Baku, and over 88% have not earned half of their vehicle upgrade points, is anyone even playing the career mode beyond the first few races (if at all)? With numbers like that, is it any wonder there was no career mode in F1 2015?

• If nearly three-quarters of F1 2016 players on PC/Steam have not completed one online race, and over 86% have not completed 5 online races, then how big & active can the F1 2016 online population really be (on PC)? With numbers like that, why bother putting many resources into developing a robust & reliable multi-player mode?

• If over 93% if F1 2016 players on PC/Steam have not completed a race with all assists disabled, is it any wonder that the game can seem to some like it's made to allow assisted players to be as fast as (or even faster than) than no-assist players? Numbers like that suggest that most F1 gamers are nowhere near as "hardcore" as some make them out to be.

The F1 2015, F1 2014, F1 2013, & F1 2012 Steam global achievement stats for PC players paint somewhat similar pictures. I don't know where to find overall completion stats for console achievements, but I imagine they might be generally comparable.

It appears that a lot of people purchase these games, but it also appears that hardly anybody plays them much, which begs the question...

If you're a game company and you see numbers like these indicating that the majority of buyers are unlikely to play a game long enough to discover (or even care about) any significant issues, then why bother doing any more than just making games that only hold up for the first couple hours of play - long enough to satisfy initial reviewers & casual players - when only a tiny minority of the most dedicated players will ever get past the introductory bits & encounter major flaws?

A game's "success" is not measured by how much people play it & enjoy it, but instead just by how many copies it sells. Is it any wonder that reporting issues & requesting fixes seems futile when vocal critics & dedicated players are vastly outnumbered by buyers who barely touch the game after purchase? Why bother fixing/patching anything if 90% of buyers won't even notice or care?

Game companies are in business to sell games, not to create quality games. The only way quality will improve is if quality has a measurable impact on sales. If we all want better quality games for everyone, then we all have to stop buying/funding poor-quality games.

It's so depressing. But at least in UK we can look for the partial/full refund now based on these issues.

The Consumer Rights Act UK 2015 says digital content must be as described, 
fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

If your digital content is faulty, you're entitled to a repair or a replacement.
If the fault can’t be fixed, or if it hasn’t been fixed within a reasonable time and without significant
inconvenience, you can get some, or all of your money back.
If you can show the fault has damaged your device and we haven't used reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to a repair or compensation

FRACTURED said:
It's so depressing. But at least in UK we can look for the partial/full refund now based on these issues.

Even more depressing is that even refunds are unlikely to make a difference in quality when only a minuscule fraction of customers seek (& actually receive) refunds.

As @Lozzy has said previously, we are aware of this issue and we’re actively looking into it. Depending on the volume of work required to resolve this, it may not be something we have the resource to fix for F1 2016 – but we’ll keep you updated on our findings as and when we can! If, on this occasion, it’s something we aren’t able to resolve for F1 2016, then we will make it a priority to fix for future projects.

i will say one thing for you lot at codies if you ever turn your hand to politics you will be a roaring success ! It's only taken you since October to get to this stage whereby we keep hearing soon or when we know more! I'm sorry I'm sick of hearing stuff like that from this company,nobody wants to hear "priority fix for future projects" by which time you would of swanned off into the sunset with our money for yet another broken game.This issue is a massive GAME BREAKER and is ruining many people's experience of the game and as such it should be given the highest priority not 2 months of silence and then non-commital garbage.You can see by the posts on this thread people are very close to boycotting your "future projects" but perhaps you don't care,perhaps the license has already gone to someone else,at least that would make some sense,because if you are making 2017 you might be in for a bit of a shock if you don't start treating your customers with the respect and honesty they deserve.

FRACTURED said:
The Consumer Rights Act UK 2015 says digital content must be as described, 
fit for purpose and of satisfactory quality.

If your digital content is faulty, you're entitled to a repair or a replacement.
If the fault can’t be fixed, or if it hasn’t been fixed within a reasonable time and without significant
inconvenience, you can get some, or all of your money back.
If you can show the fault has damaged your device and we haven't used reasonable care and skill, you may be entitled to a repair or compensation
I am all over this and will be telling everyone I know that has the game to do it too.

It was our fault guys :#
Next time (F1 2017) we have to find every possible bug within 2 months from day one... and push Codemasters to patch the game before starting the development of F1 2018.
Money for Codies, fun for us :p

I am all over this and will be telling everyone I know that has the game to do it too.
On Xbox digital downloads side at least, even after the first month, if you haven't previously asked for refunds they are surprisingly good about it, and will usually be happy to refund a game if you have the information at hand and don't come across as a raving psychopath. Which can be difficult with the passion for this game.

If you have refunded through Xbox in the last year they are a bit more weary, however the law still applies and you may be able to get some credit back at least, if not a full refund. I referenced the specific Screen Tearing issue and they were quite surprised at the lack of support coming from codemasters and were very sympathetic.

With the physical discs themselves you probably need to go through the retailer first.

I swear this is the last time I buy the game at launch. You know it is ridiculous you say every damn year that something cannot be fixed cause you don't have enough resources or you are focused onto the next game. You should fix every bug cause I spent 50€ for a game that should have worked fine. It is just ridiculous. Every year we are so frustrated  

@Lozzy : By enough ressources, you mean that you don't have ressources to characterize the bug precisely ? Would it help if we provide you more example of when the bug happens and when it doesn't ?

Btw, I already noticed the bug while testing in Spain, but I tried Japan yesterday and couldn't reproduce. I did:
Soft => Soft
Hard => Soft
And I had the same level of tyre wear after 10 laps. It was in quick race mode, with mercedes, clear weather, no qualifications, 50% race.
Anyone has a clue on why this time I didn't have the bug ?

I swear this is the last time I buy the game at launch. You know it is ridiculous you say every damn year that something cannot be fixed cause you don't have enough resources or you are focused onto the next game. You should fix every bug cause I spent 50€ for a game that should have worked fine. It is just ridiculous. Every year we are so frustrated  
I know there are time constraints involved but to me it makes more sense to iron out all the flaws in this game before moving on to the next one,that way you have less work to do if you have identified the bugs and know how to fix them they should not be present in the next game.I would gladly wait a bit longer for a more polished game.

Thanks for your feedback so far - as we've mentioned before, this is something that we're looking into. Delving a little deeper into the issue, it's become apparent that this isn't something that has crept in with a patch, and so the solution would be more complex than just rolling back to a previous version.

Thanks for your feedback so far - as we've mentioned before, this is something that we're looking into. Delving a little deeper into the issue, it's become apparent that this isn't something that has crept in with a patch, and so the solution would be more complex than just rolling back to a previous version.
Does anyone in your office ever had a look at the tyre-wear numbers while (beta-) testing? Maybe with some nifty little tool called debug console? Or something called telemetry? I have my doubts!
But this is nothing you should care about. Now that the iOS version of F1-2016 has hit the shelfs money keeps on rolling in.