Sign in to follow this  

Patch News - v1.7.0 - Discussion Thread

Hello everyone, I wanted to try this to see if people feel it's an improvement to the way we communicate the status of upcoming patches.

The next patch will be v1.7.0 and will be released on all platforms. We're skipping 1.6 on PS4 and Xbox One because with hindsight making our version number different to Sony's version number on PS4 just caused confusion. Getting all platforms on to the same version should also be clearer for you all too I hope.

Patch Notes
  • Added the Master difficulty option to bridge the gap between Expert and Legend.
  • Added the Master difficulty option when starting a new Career and Championship Season. - New for v1.7.0
  • Changed the tyre rules so the tyre you start the race on counts as a mandatory for the race.
  • Falling too far behind penalties will no longer be given after being told to overtake the Safety Car.
  • Corrected a few translation issues.
  • Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause race sessions to never end.
  • Fixed a bug that could give players who rejoin a multiplayer session the wrong tyres. - New for v1.7.0
  • All cars now use the same gearbox when playing with Equal Performance. - New for v1.7.0
  • Fixed a number of crash bugs.

PC: Being tested internally.
PS4: Being tested internally.
Xbox One: Being tested internally.

What about career mode? 

:trollface:                                       

@Lozzy
Thanks for communicating to us what will be in the patch. 

Obviously there are a few more issues to fix, but people must appreciate not all can be fixed at once. 
Hopefully the fix for the SC issues do make league races run more smoothly.
The crash bugs were a major issue too - I assume this relates to the blue-screening?
Also I was looking forward to Master difficulty but it seems I'm slowly getting up towards Legend anyway (quick enough to compete and match my teammate, but not won yet)

For those complaining about Career mode, I 100% understand with the R&D upgrades being way too OP - the whole system does not need to be remodelled, but the accumulation of points and/or the 'progression bar' of the teams performance needs to be adjusted. In another thread somewhere, someone suggested potentially 3 or 4 ideas for this which are worth considering.

About the tyre rules. In 50% quick race most AI drivers didn't start the race with the tyres which they used in Q2. Is this fixed?

For example in Spielberg, all AI use in Q2 ultrasoft but they start the race with supersoft or soft!

Brace yourselves,....... The "What about Career Mode" comments are coming!
And justifiably so, since career mode renders itself pointless at the moment.

Whilst I can't disagree with the logic of getting everyone on the same patch number having to wait even longer for the Master difficulty is highly frustrating for console users.

Burba7 said:
Whilst I can't disagree with the logic of getting everyone on the same patch number having to wait even longer for the Master difficulty is highly frustrating for console users.
The patch numbers has nothing to do with how long it's taken to test the patches on console.

@Lozzy
Thanks for communicating to us what will be in the patch. 

Obviously there are a few more issues to fix, but people must appreciate not all can be fixed at once. 
Hopefully the fix for the SC issues do make league races run more smoothly.
The crash bugs were a major issue too - I assume this relates to the blue-screening?
Also I was looking forward to Master difficulty but it seems I'm slowly getting up towards Legend anyway (quick enough to compete and match my teammate, but not won yet)

For those complaining about Career mode, I 100% understand with the R&D upgrades being way too OP - the whole system does not need to be remodelled, but the accumulation of points and/or the 'progression bar' of the teams performance needs to be adjusted. In another thread somewhere, someone suggested potentially 3 or 4 ideas for this which are worth considering.
Regarding the career mode, there are only 2 things I want:
- For upgrades not to reach 100% before season 10 - at the moment it's already done before season 4.
- For us to be able to uplift Manor/Sauber to the best team on the grid during a career.

If they tweak the current career mode to achieve that, just a little, no problem at all. It's not how they do it as much as that these 2 points are essential requirements to make career mode relevant again.

Lozzy please tell us when do you expect to release this  new patch 7.0 for PS4.

The SC bug  was critical for us as we had to deactivate SC from our On line championship...

Lozzy said:
Burba7 said:
The patch numbers has nothing to do with how long it's taken to test the patches on console.
Why the hell do you keep ignoring that R&D discussion FFS. @Lozzy

Lozzy said:
Burba7 said:
Could you at least tell us when you think the patch will arrive for the consoles please, we've been waiting a full week for 1.6 now and now we have to wait for 1.7 :/

Lozzy said:
Hello everyone, I wanted to try this to see if people feel it's an improvement to the way we communicate the status of upcoming patches.

The next patch will be v1.7.0 and will be released on all platforms. We're skipping 1.6 on PS4 and Xbox One because with hindsight making our version number different to Sony's version number on PS4 just caused confusion. Getting all platforms on to the same version should also be clearer for you all too I hope.

Patch Notes
  • Added the Master difficulty option to bridge the gap between Expert and Legend.
  • Added the Master difficulty option when starting a new Career and Championship Season. - New for v1.7.0
  • Changed the tyre rules so the tyre you start the race on counts as a mandatory for the race.
  • Falling too far behind penalties will no longer be given after being told to overtake the Safety Car.
  • Corrected a few translation issues.
  • Fixed a bug that could occasionally cause race sessions to never end.
  • Fixed a bug that could give players who rejoin a multiplayer session the wrong tyres. - New for v1.7.0
  • All cars now use the same gearbox when playing with Equal Performance. - New for v1.7.0
  • Fixed a number of crash bugs.

PC: Being tested internally.
PS4: Being tested internally.
Xbox One: Being tested intern

What do you mean with:
All cars now use the same gearbox when playing with Equal Performance

Can't people read ?
pc, Xbox , ps4 being tested internally.
why do people keep asking wen will the patch come out wen you know you won't get an answer untill they know themselves. COYG 

I'm an adult. I can wait. Thanks @Lozzy for making comms clearer.

There is always people who want to see an ETA - might I suggest a "provisional release window subject to internal testing" where a speculative release window could be provided provided no further bugs are found during internal testing (thus pushing the release back).

A non-committal, vague release date is better than zero.

@HelmetSquad "I'm an adult. I can wait"

when I buy something it's not to have an update every week because they are not able to release a game fully completed

when you buy a phone you have all the phone in the box, you don't receive the battery one week later then the charger one other week..

when you buy a phone you have all the phone in the box, you don't receive the battery one week later then the charger one other week..

Your phone doesn't receive updates? You on a 3310 still. My iPhone seems to be constantly prompting me to install the latest update.

when I buy something it's not to have an update every week because they are not able to release a game fully completed

Unfortunately games are different than that.as they have to run on a variety of tech and it's not always possible to get everything on a game running properly or easily. Even big companies like EA struggle with this from time to time. All  they can do is the same thing as what CM are doing here trying to fix the problems by releasing patches as issues are discovered

@neilmac231988 a game like f1 lasts 1 year so when after 2 months there 's still a lot of bug it's not normal sorry. they are not able to see all bugs there are in the game ? did they test it before ? i don't think

@Lozzy could you guys please fix the engine wear issue, I am playing on pc career mode with a ferrari and despite using automatic gears every race I get engine wear warning message be free half way point of 100% races in career mode 1.6.0

I suggest you never buy software ever again in that case.

@neilmac231988 a game like f1 lasts 1 year so when after 2 months there 's still a lot of bug it's not normal sorry. they are not able to see all bugs there are in the game ? did they test it before ? i don't think

Have you ever tested any software? How big do you think the team at codies is. There will always be bugs discovered when you release to the user base.