Jump to content Jump to content

Just got corrupt notice advice please.

I figured if I started over on career that would be one thing, but why is this corrupt issue effecting my online stats? All online money is gone and cars are gone, I would think these files would be stored on their servers not my harddrive? I go to CM online page for RaceNet and it still shows all my online stats still there. SO why when I go to race RaceNet events in game, I am back to nothing?

So I copied my latest PS-plus cloud stored file and it too was corrupt. So I should not allow my new fresh game file upload 2nite, and back up my online file to another drive? I hear people say they are OK to wait for patch to their older corrupt file,   and starting from scratch until then. But anything they do until then will not count? Or am I missing something?

This sucks! Seeing all that hard work just go poof and having to wait, geez.
And just realized RaceNet events just turned over, am I going to get my $$ for this past weeks events? I worked hard on those. 

The reason for me I have had corrupt files is from the Racenet Challenges. Everytime I would get the credits for the challenges. I would get a corrupt save file. 

I always try to make sure I have a working save file that will load. Before I save anything. My process is as follows: I save my usb stick to the MS Cloud, then save my hard drive to my usb stick. Then I play. Oh! Wait a minute! I make sure my original save game off of the HDD will load and play first before I start switching files from one place to another. That is VERY IMPORTANT!! But, of course that is no guarantee that it will not be corrupted after startwd & saving but, so far it has worked for me. 

As far as starting over. I played for the most part in the Touring category. So I sold the VW Golf & bought the Mini's I cannot remember which one was used & which car was new but that is what I did to get restarted. I think those 2 cars are the cheapest out all the cars.

I just have avoided the Racenet Challenges and so far it has been good.

MLT24 said:

Hmm, the game won't work for me with the corrupt file? PS3. so how do you do that? It makes me start over with new save file.

Yeah, I think only if you had the foresight to make a backup save earlier will that option work. Like if you saved a copy to a USB stick or the PS+ cloud save prior to the corrupted save. I think you are SOL otherwise bro. Start a new save for now and hopefully the patch comes soon which should fix the corruption issue, I hope.

ok, I understand that your account is tied in to RaceNet. So, if I start a new game save and play, do I open a new account as to NOT overwrite the RaceNet info? Can I use the option to log on to an existing account, and if so, does that jeopardize my game info? Do I start as another player, and set a new RaceNet and rejoin my club as two accounts? Is there any one At CM that could spend a few moments with us and directly explain what procedures are optimal for this malfunction, or at least what the ramifications are for any of these choices, or just the preferred steps to take when afflicted with this meltdown?

BobA1001 said:

ok, I understand that your account is tied in to RaceNet. So, if I start a new game save and play, do I open a new account as to NOT overwrite the RaceNet info? Can I use the option to log on to an existing account, and if so, does that jeopardize my game info? Do I start as another player, and set a new RaceNet and rejoin my club as two accounts? Is there any one At CM that could spend a few moments with us and directly explain what procedures are optimal for this malfunction, or at least what the ramifications are for any of these choices, or just the preferred steps to take when afflicted with this meltdown?

You don't need to create a new account on Racenet you just continue with your regular account and everything you gain with your new game will be add to your previous stats. Since 2 weeks now I dayly start to play with a save that is ok untill I close the game, as this was going nowhere I decided to restart the online (as I already got all my carreer trophies) and everything is going fine. I'm just curious if, tomorrow when I start the game...., if my save will be corrupt or not. Because it's still a Codemaster game you know. Thinking at all those poor chaps who will buy F1 2014 and will get upset after their game and saves will crash and crash and crash. Just found something: a new oneliner for the Codies: GET YOURSELF A CODEMASTER GAME AND YOU WILL NOT ONLY CRASH YOUR RACING CARS BUT ALSO YOUR GAME AND SAVES. At least you get something for your money!

Thanks for info. Yes I started New game but I did back-up corrupt file first, but not soon enough so I could sell all my cars and keep going . That was a great idea, wish I had been paying attention to those threads.

After I backed my corrupt file on Flash Drive, I did start a new game to see what would happen. Sure enough everything was gone, including all online accomplishments. Also on the RaceNet website, everything was gone as well. I sure hope when the patch arrives and it corrects my corrupt file, the stats on RaceNet site give me back my earned online stats as well. 

But someone here mention anything I do now with new game save will add to my online when patch comes through, well I just don't think that is possible? If I reload my corrupt file, after the new patch, it will over-right anything new-saved-game, it won't add to it.

IF that is possible, I think CM would have told us it was and how to do it. But instead they simply said once the update comes, then we can "continue" our game from that corrupt file. 

berre said:

when you will load up your "corrupt file" after patch you will get everything back online. the adding of xp that I meant is the xp that is adding when your drive for a club those will be added anyway.

Well right now I can not re-load my corrupted file, so my game should patch itself overnight cause I have PS Plus, then according to CM, I then should be able to reload my old file and it should work Post Patched Game.

MLT24 said:

berre said:

when you will load up your "corrupt file" after patch you will get everything back online. the adding of xp that I meant is the xp that is adding when your drive for a club those will be added anyway.

Well right now I can not re-load my corrupted file, so my game should patch itself overnight cause I have PS Plus, then according to CM, I then should be able to reload my old file and it should work Post Patched Game.

yeah but that depends on when the patch becomes available hopefully it will soon.