Sign in to follow this  

Colin McRae Rally on Steam

yeah the game is just a good off-raod racing for mobile phones - android etc ... it is not like colin mac rae 2.0 of ps1.. Most PC users will find usuless this release... EGO engine seems still good enough in Grid Autosport (which i love) but the next-gen has already come codies , look at games like project cars , forza 5 , NFS the rivals (PS4, XBOX1) , Drive club... I hope the f1 2014 to be the last game with current EGO engine..No more android style games , no more dirt showdown or f1 stars games .. Come on we want AAA games with modern graphics focused on pure rally - motorsport ( as Grid autosport is) no more infected green cars , cat , mouse etc... :p  >:)

I saw the game on steam and I thought "Mobile Port". Instant Buy. After starting it I instantly noticed it was a really cheap port, but well I enjoyed it for what it is. I really enjoyed it. It plays good.

Then I noticed the promises you made. That's really worth a facepalm. Come on guys! I am just a fanboy and I don't give a shit about marketing. I buy you games because I enjoy them.

Don't lie to your fans in such a way that insults them. Corsica isn't even part of Colin 2.

JackKey said:

I saw the game on steam and I thought "Mobile Port". Instant Buy. After starting it I instantly noticed it was a really cheap port, but well I enjoyed it for what it is. I really enjoyed it. It plays good.

Then I noticed the promises you made. That's really worth a facepalm. Come on guys! I am just a fanboy and I don't give a s*** about marketing. I buy you games because I enjoy them.

Don't lie to your fans in such a way that insults them. Corsica isn't even part of Colin 2.

I agree with the rest of it but FYI, Corsica in the new Colin McRae Rally was France stages in the old CMR 2.0

I am guessing they changed the name because in 2010 the rally moved for Corsica to Alsace. So Tour de Corse is the old stages that CMR 2 was based on and Rallye de France is the new rally in Alsace, so if they left it as France then people might get confused. I am guessing they didn't want people to expect it was set in the Alsace region when it is set in the historic Island of Corsica 

Hi all just wanted to post an update on our response to the feedback we've received so far for Colin McRae Rally. You can read the original post over on the games Steam community hub discussions tab

At Codemasters, we care about our customers and pride ourselves on listening to our community. 

We understand that some people who bought Colin McRae Rally on Steam are upset and feel that it isn’t the game they thought it would be. We have now updated the product description for clarification. 

Furthermore, as an act of good faith, we have worked with Valve to enable anyone that bought the game to claim a refund. The ability to refund will be available until the 19th August. 

To process a refund, please go to your account transactions page and you will see a “Refund” button for Colin McRae Rally. We hope this goes some way to restoring any lost faith and thank you as always, for your continued support.

Corsica is mainly combined from Italy stages and France stages!

i'm deeply disappointed because i thought this was remastered from the original CMR2.0 with updated good-looking graphics and cars but this not and included 3 countries only! :(

Hey guys I've raised the issue with the description on Steam, we're sorry people feel mislead but I can assure you it wasn't our intention. I've raised it with the right people, I'd change it myself if I could but it's not my call.

What would you guys want the description to say, I wan't to make sure we get it right.

Also @Ariche2‌ I've edited out the swear words in your post, I get you're mad but please keep it clean on the forums.

Sorry, I didn't know swearing was prohibited. Won't happen again. Also don't think I'm specifically raging at devs, you guys just do what you were told to. You guys probably had nothing to do with the writing of that Steam page. 

What a shameful "game". Just tried It right now. Stay away from it

I recently bought Colin McRae Rally Remastered. And I noticed that game is worked on Windows XP for me. But I have read its system requirements and I don't see Windows XP in the required OS in both minimum and recommended requirements.