Sign in to follow this  

Announcing: F1 2014 and Beyond

I assume the Williams (lack of red in the Martini strips too) is the non-alcohol version of their livery, for countries that don't allow alcohol branding.

No. The non-alcohol livery is the same as the regular one but with the word "RACING" instead of "MARTINI". I'd have thought they would be able to use that version. 

I like how in the gameplay trailer, the steering wheels of the Sauber, Mercedes, and Toro Rosso look exactly the same :P

No they don't. They have the same steering wheels as they do in real life.  ;)

Skye said:
iWalkerz said:

But what I am wondering how are they working on next year's cars? If no one knows what they look like? Are they doing what they did with 2010? Using this year's cars then updating them once we've seen them? Just hope they know what they are doing and as well for information on the 2015 on when would we hear about that?  

They've said before that they don't need to wait until the cars are revealed to work on other aspects of the game.

I think they will work on improving handling/tracks and add features before the reveal of the cars and then when they are in preseason testing they will work on the new shapes and liveries. They would need to get an idea of the performance of the cars too, so I don't see this being released before the first European race (so, May ?).

Plus, I think its fairly obvious that all the tracks won't be released at once. The regular updates will add tracks as the arrive throughout the year .

Yeah do you think they will work with this year's cars? If you look at early 2010 trailers it was 2009 cars? Just hope they get it right since didn't play much of last year's cos of upgrading then missing this year's! Just hope it does come may time n they should do a Dev dairy or something show screen shots or something way before the release just hope they know what they are doing with next gen on but on the plus side all f1 games after 2015 will be closer to start of the season now? Witch should be better 

I like how in the gameplay trailer, the steering wheels of the Sauber, Mercedes, and Toro Rosso look exactly the same :P

They do, look at each of the onboards (bar Force India) in the trailer, they look identical

Well I guess F1 2014 will have a pretty short lifespan for me. At least this gives me a bit more time to save some money for a PS4.

i hope it has some classic content, as i find classic f1 cars coller than the modern ones, altough the 2014 are also cool.

They do, look at each of the onboards (bar Force India) in the trailer, they look identical

Look at them closer , they're not. They're the same as in real life. The Sauber and Torro Rosso wheels look similar in real life.

The updates mean they can ensure that the last minute track mods, tyres choices etc and car performance are authentic whilst releasing the game earlier in the year - a big plus point for me. 

The updates on F1 2015 mean they can charge you €9,99 per race

I highly doubt codemasters would do that just for updates to there game making it better as the season goes on 

Look at them closer , they're not. They're the same as in real life. The Sauber and Torro Rosso wheels look similar in real life.

Tell me again how these are different?

They clearly look the same!!!

no prob..... Buy Project cars this year ... Buy F12015 in July/ august next year :)

We all know Codie's (coming soon and early) = add two months to what you think it is lol

We a

iWalkerz said:

I highly doubt codemasters would do that just for updates to there game making it better as the season goes on 

Well you call them updates, they will call it content. The good news will be that you will get 50% discount with a subscription fee that will cost you €99,99

iWalkerz said:

Well you call them updates, they will call it content. The good news will be that you will get 50% discount with a subscription fee that will cost you €99,99

Haha still don't think they'd do that well hopefully not! 

Has the next gen game explicitly been named F1 2015? Could they not be doing what Sony did with the 2006 season by releasing it on current gen then naming it something else and releasing it later on next gen and then adding the 2015 season on to it as the year progresses?

I haven't watched the trailer because i'm totally not interested in F1 2014 anymore but please tell me Codemasters used the Bahrain livery which said "racing" instead of "Martini"

I haven't watched the trailer because i'm totally not interested in F1 2014 anymore but please tell me Codemasters used the Bahrain livery which said "racing" instead of "Martini"

Same bare livery the whole time

As I'm sure you really know because it says so a few posts above, no they didn't.

would love to know more about the career mode refinemets but I'm pleased you've learned from F1 2013 at least it sounds like you have.

I think the EU parliament is behind this Martini lark. This game is rated 3+ yes, but is a six-year-old really going to go out and down some Martini or Smirnoff? If push comes to shove then they should surely just have the 'Racing' livery from Bahrain indeed...

iWalkerz said:

don't know how I feel about this?  Kinda feels better in a way since will have project cars to play till f1 2015 (next gen) but I just hope it comes out may time no later than Silverstone grand prix I'd say?  But what I am wondering how are they working on next year's cars? If no one knows what they look like? Are they doing what they did with 2010? Using this year's cars then updating them once we've seen them? Just hope they know what they are doing and as well for information on the 2015 on when would we hear about that?  Like Like a release window? Just hoping it doesn't come out no later then July! Just wanna hear information about it! 

would imagine that's how they'll do it given they won't be changing that much given the big changes this year.

iWalkerz said:

don't know how I feel about this?  Kinda feels better in a way since will have project cars to play till f1 2015 (next gen) but I just hope it comes out may time no later than Silverstone grand prix I'd say?  But what I am wondering how are they working on next year's cars? If no one knows what they look like? Are they doing what they did with 2010? Using this year's cars then updating them once we've seen them? Just hope they know what they are doing and as well for information on the 2015 on when would we hear about that?  Like Like a release window? Just hoping it doesn't come out no later then July! Just wanna hear information about it! 

would imagine that's how they'll do it given they won't be changing that much given the big changes this year.

Yeah hopefully hear something on the 2015 game before end of this year 

As I'm sure you really know because it says so a few posts above, no they didn't.

Nope I didn't read the entire thread. I read it on twitter.

It'd be nicer if the nose was damaged a little too, even just scratched!

As for Martini, I'm not sure why the red colour is missing from the stripes, given the Ford Focus in the just-released Colin McRae Rally (Steam/phones) has red, cyan and blue in it's livery...