Sign in to follow this  

Announcing: F1 2014 and Beyond

FFS, if they would release the next gen version this fall, it would mean that the game would be released in the fall for the next 8-10 years that this generation lasts. Many players (including me) want the games to be released earlier in the season and this is the only way it can be done. 

Recap:

- they need to release F1 game every year -> F1 2013 with new drivers, cars, tracks, rules -> F1 2014 on PC, PS3, XO

- the next gen game will be completely new and it will be released in the spring. And it's not called F1 2015 because it will probably have some additional content (like 2014 and/or classics).

They need at one year between games to develop. If they had released F1 2014 on PS4 and X1 this October, then F1 2015 would be released the next October and so on. But now that the next gen F1 game is released in the spring, then F1 2016 (or whatever) will also be released in the spring.

I think this is 100% positive thing.

we expected next gen game (Pc user here) :( 
I dont think i will deal with it.. Waiting for next gen Dirt game and playing Gas which is great ... Once f1 series will be next gen i will check it again.. B)

A bit disappointing to be honest. I didn't get 2013 because it was basically a reskin of cars with some classic content thrown in. Not enough new content to justify the price. Looks to be the same this year, I was looking forward to it :/

ukfan758 said:

MarkDavis94 said:

ukfan758 said:
I agree plus the fact that CM don't have the resources EA do either so transferring to next gen was always going to take them a little longer I think. At least we know know the process is underway and that 2015 will be the first next gen title

Maybe they should try hiring more people? 

Yeah maybe they should try growing money on a tree as well

THAT JOKE RIGHT THERE WAS SO FUNNY, I FORGOT TO LAUGH, yes it costs money but hiring more people would help them in the long run by not having to spend as much time developing games,  it could also make them higher quality and thus more people could possibly buy the games. 

How do they hire people if they haven't got the money? More people working on a game doesn't gurantee a better game, and you're also implying that a higher quality game will sell more products, when there are some top quality games which were reported to have done poorly in sales. E.g Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, even Blur which was probably the most entertaining racing game I've played absolutely tanked in sales.

A lot of the problems people have, i.e driver changes, team manager mode, side pods getting damaged in the crash, having a GP2/3 feeder series, are all licensing issues which would require a lot of money to get around, not hiring more people.

But sure you could make a better Formula 1 game, and hire thousands of people despite not having any money, but you can tell them "don't worry it'll be high quality so it'll sell more"
Yeah, no.

So, next gen F1 will be released "earlier in the season". So probably around Monaco or even earlier. 

ukfan758 said:

They have several open positions:

http://www.codemasters.com/jobs

but  you can only hire as many people as you can afford to pay.

No next gen version until 2015. What an embarrassment! F1 2014 is going to dive as most people will wait 6-8 months for the next gen version.  Even with a monopoly on the licensing codemasters still manage to make dreadful decisions. Farcical really.

they should hire somebody who is good at pr because they seem to be scoring own goal after own goal.  first no information and when they its disappointing and still doesnt give what next gen game is like.  talk about alienating customers.  

I will buy 2015. But will i buy 2014 when there is only half a year to the new version, which should have been released this year? No. Maybe RELOADED will help on this one, because I'm not supporting this lazy release. I love the games, but it's only because of my love to the motorsport. No next-gen? What the fuck are you doing? Stop driving gokart all the time, and start making some releases which would make the formula 1 fans proud!

P.S.: the 2015 release sounds promising though. Don't dissapoint...

I will buy 2015. But will i buy 2014 when there is only half a year to the new version, which should have been released this year? No. Maybe RELOADED will help on this one, because I'm not supporting this lazy release. I love the games, but it's only because of my love to the motorsport. No next-gen? What the fuck are you doing? Stop driving gokart all the time, and start making some releases which would make the formula 1 fans proud!

So because you don't want to buy it, you are going to pirate it?

so if i purchase f1 for the old gen will it be 9.99 for the new gen or will we have to pay 60 again for new gen? like cod and battlefield did (9.99 upgrade to new gen?).

they didn't release f1 13 for next gen and said would be following year...im calling bs

They will release the next gen F1 early next season -> people moan that it should have been released in October

If they released the next gen F1 in October and then released F1 2015 the next October -> people would moan "WHY DOES IT ALWAYS RELEASE THIS LATE?"

If they released the next gen F1 in October and then released F1 2015 early in the season -> people would moan "DO THEY REALLY EXPECT ME TO BUY A SECOND GAME SO SOON AFTER THE FIRST?"

Some people are never happy. I will come back in November for the next gen info, bye. 

Will either of these titles be available as a hard copy in Canada & the U.S... please an honest answer this time!

So because you don't want to buy it, you are going to pirate it?

I never said that. I did not say i would pirate it.

xanax20 said:

so if i purchase f1 for the old gen will it be 9.99 for the new gen or will we have to pay 60 again for new gen? like cod and battlefield did (9.99 upgrade to new gen?).

That wouldn't happen because they aren't the same game. F1 2014 is coming out for last gen, and F1 2015 is coming out for current gen.

ukfan758 said:

They have several open positions:

http://www.codemasters.com/jobs

but  you can only hire as many people as you can afford to pay.

Ok so they are hiring, now I understand. 

ukfan758 said:

MarkDavis94 said:

ukfan758 said:
I agree plus the fact that CM don't have the resources EA do either so transferring to next gen was always going to take them a little longer I think. At least we know know the process is underway and that 2015 will be the first next gen title

THAT JOKE RIGHT THERE WAS SO FUNNY, I FORGOT TO LAUGH, yes it costs money but hiring more people would help them in the long run by not having to spend as much time developing games,  it could also make them higher quality and thus more people could possibly buy the games. 

How do they hire people if they haven't got the money? More people working on a game doesn't gurantee a better game, and you're also implying that a higher quality game will sell more products, when there are some top quality games which were reported to have done poorly in sales. E.g Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, even Blur which was probably the most entertaining racing game I've played absolutely tanked in sales.

A lot of the problems people have, i.e driver changes, team manager mode, side pods getting damaged in the crash, having a GP2/3 feeder series, are all licensing issues which would require a lot of money to get around, not hiring more people.

But sure you could make a better Formula 1 game, and hire thousands of people despite not having any money, but you can tell them "don't worry it'll be high quality so it'll sell more"
Yeah, no.

Thanks for changing my mind and presenting me with a good argument. Why does everyone hate me for some reason?

ukfan758 said:

Thanks for changing my mind and presenting me with a good argument. Why does everyone hate me for some reason?

It's not WHAT you said, but the WAY you said it. 

The internet can be a cruel mistress :smile: 

doyley101 said:
ukfan758 said:

It's not WHAT you said, but the WAY you said it. 

The internet can be a cruel mistress :smile: 

Define the way i said it?

ukfan758 said:
ukfan758 said:

MarkDavis94 said:

ukfan758 said:

Yeah, no.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, can never tell but I'll assume you weren't. Your original post of "Maybe they should try hiring more people?" came across as a bit arrogant and ignorant. Not to say that was your intention but it was easily interpreted that way. I think it's easy to assume Codemasters are being lazy, and they just need to do what EA does with FIFA but do it for F1. But the sad reality is that EA's sport franchises have an astronomical budget and Codemasters just aren't that big of a company.

CM, try to create good game, as GRID Autosport (or as F1 2010-2011), you can if you want