Sign in to follow this  

Announcing: F1 2014 and Beyond

ukfan758 said:
ukfan758 said:

MarkDavis94 said:

ukfan758 said:
I agree plus the fact that CM don't have the resources EA do either so transferring to next gen was always going to take them a little longer I think. At least we know know the process is underway and that 2015 will be the first next gen title

Maybe they should try hiring more people? 

Yeah maybe they should try growing money on a tree as well

THAT JOKE RIGHT THERE WAS SO FUNNY, I FORGOT TO LAUGH, yes it costs money but hiring more people would help them in the long run by not having to spend as much time developing games,  it could also make them higher quality and thus more people could possibly buy the games. 

How do they hire people if they haven't got the money? More people working on a game doesn't gurantee a better game, and you're also implying that a higher quality game will sell more products, when there are some top quality games which were reported to have done poorly in sales. E.g Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, even Blur which was probably the most entertaining racing game I've played absolutely tanked in sales.

A lot of the problems people have, i.e driver changes, team manager mode, side pods getting damaged in the crash, having a GP2/3 feeder series, are all licensing issues which would require a lot of money to get around, not hiring more people.

But sure you could make a better Formula 1 game, and hire thousands of people despite not having any money, but you can tell them "don't worry it'll be high quality so it'll sell more"
Yeah, no.

Thanks for changing my mind and presenting me with a good argument. Why does everyone hate me for some reason?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, can never tell but I'll assume you weren't. Your original post of "Maybe they should try hiring more people?" came across as a bit arrogant and ignorant. Not to say that was your intention but it was easily interpreted that way. I think it's easy to assume Codemasters are being lazy, and they just need to do what EA does with FIFA but do it for F1. But the sad reality is that EA's sport franchises have an astronomical budget and Codemasters just aren't that big of a company.

It was not my intention for my comment of "Maybe they should try hiring more people?" to be perceived/read as being sarcastic. It was an ignorant statement I made with out putting any thought into it. I apologize for the misunderstanding. 

ukfan758 said:
ukfan758 said:
ukfan758 said:

MarkDavis94 said:

ukfan758 said:
I agree plus the fact that CM don't have the resources EA do either so transferring to next gen was always going to take them a little longer I think. At least we know know the process is underway and that 2015 will be the first next gen title

Maybe they should try hiring more people? 

Yeah maybe they should try growing money on a tree as well

THAT JOKE RIGHT THERE WAS SO FUNNY, I FORGOT TO LAUGH, yes it costs money but hiring more people would help them in the long run by not having to spend as much time developing games,  it could also make them higher quality and thus more people could possibly buy the games. 

How do they hire people if they haven't got the money? More people working on a game doesn't gurantee a better game, and you're also implying that a higher quality game will sell more products, when there are some top quality games which were reported to have done poorly in sales. E.g Sleeping Dogs, Hitman Absolution, even Blur which was probably the most entertaining racing game I've played absolutely tanked in sales.

A lot of the problems people have, i.e driver changes, team manager mode, side pods getting damaged in the crash, having a GP2/3 feeder series, are all licensing issues which would require a lot of money to get around, not hiring more people.

But sure you could make a better Formula 1 game, and hire thousands of people despite not having any money, but you can tell them "don't worry it'll be high quality so it'll sell more"
Yeah, no.

Thanks for changing my mind and presenting me with a good argument. Why does everyone hate me for some reason?

Not sure if you're being sarcastic, can never tell but I'll assume you weren't. Your original post of "Maybe they should try hiring more people?" came across as a bit arrogant and ignorant. Not to say that was your intention but it was easily interpreted that way. I think it's easy to assume Codemasters are being lazy, and they just need to do what EA does with FIFA but do it for F1. But the sad reality is that EA's sport franchises have an astronomical budget and Codemasters just aren't that big of a company.

It was not my intention for my comment of "Maybe they should try hiring more people?" to be perceived as being sarcastic. It was  an ignorant statement I made with out putting any thought into it. I apologize for the misunderstanding. 

No need for an apology, it's easy to misinterpret things through text, and don't worry about people hating you. On the internet if you have a different opinion to someone they'll crucify you for it

Burba7 said:

No next gen version until 2015. What an embarrassment! F1 2014 is going to dive as most people will wait 6-8 months for the next gen version.

Most people who have next gen consoles (or intend to have by then) might do, but that's a much smaller number than "most people".

iWalkerz said:

don't know how I feel about this?  Kinda feels better in a way since will have project cars to play till f1 2015 (next gen) but I just hope it comes out may time no later than Silverstone grand prix I'd say?  But what I am wondering how are they working on next year's cars? If no one knows what they look like? Are they doing what they did with 2010? Using this year's cars then updating them once we've seen them? Just hope they know what they are doing and as well for information on the 2015 on when would we hear about that?  Like Like a release window? Just hoping it doesn't come out no later then July! Just wanna hear information about it! 

I think that they will develop the 2015 next gen game with 2014 cars. Then when the 2015 cars they will model the cars and insert them. Then after the first few races I presume that they will finalise any changes and do game checks etc before realising it around Silverstone time. I know that is like halfway through the season, but they keep saying "soon, soon" for any news so I guess they will have a big Silverstone release where people can play the game at the circuit.

"Early in the season"=right after the circus comes back to Europe. So around May. That's my guess, hope and demand.

Most people who have next gen consoles (or intend to have by then)...

now to buy does not make sense, before the release Gran Turismo 7 did not even plan (Xbox One, oh no, not this...)

Awong124 said:
xanax20 said:

so if i purchase f1 for the old gen will it be 9.99 for the new gen or will we have to pay 60 again for new gen? like cod and battlefield did (9.99 upgrade to new gen?).

That wouldn't happen because they aren't the same game. F1 2014 is coming out for last gen, and F1 2015 is coming out for current gen.

so in short...the new gen gets skipped again? until spring sometime? well I'm def not buying old gen....seems to me like they're trying to double their $....i've been patiently waiting for new gen and get excited yesterday about the announcement and i get this? now i know how will ferrell felt when he said I've got a belly full of white dog s 

of course they are. They pay a certain amount to release a game for a certain year of f1. Can you blame them for wanting to get some money for that investment. If they happily decided not to release a game for a year but pay for it they would not last long on business. 

Also you say doubling up on $. I still only see 1 game per gp season being released

iWalkerz said:

don't know how I feel about this?  Kinda feels better in a way since will have project cars to play till f1 2015 (next gen) but I just hope it comes out may time no later than Silverstone grand prix I'd say?  But what I am wondering how are they working on next year's cars? If no one knows what they look like? Are they doing what they did with 2010? Using this year's cars then updating them once we've seen them? Just hope they know what they are doing and as well for information on the 2015 on when would we hear about that?  Like Like a release window? Just hoping it doesn't come out no later then July! Just wanna hear information about it! 

I think that they will develop the 2015 next gen game with 2014 cars. Then when the 2015 cars they will model the cars and insert them. Then after the first few races I presume that they will finalise any changes and do game checks etc before realising it around Silverstone time. I know that is like halfway through the season, but they keep saying "soon, soon" for any news so I guess they will have a big Silverstone release where people can play the game at the circuit.

Or release the game as 2014/15 since "f1 2015" isn't name of the game with they keep saying. So could be release the game with 2014 cars and update them to 2015 cars when they know more about them? Depending on when the game is released but I think it would be 2015 cars hopefully don't know what they are doing about the nature saying it's not called f1 2015 so that just makes you wonder something? 

I just find the lack of actual information is a bit underwhelming

Refined handling? What has been refined, are the cars more responsive to inputs.
Driver evaluation system? How does this work? What criteria does the system look at to determine how well you ae doing?
Scenario mode has been expanded. How?
We've refined career mode options. such as what? 

But for now let Steve Hood tell you what I've already told you.

I'm looking forward to both games but it just seems like Codemasters have missed an opportunity to hype the game, I'm interested in the changes they've made to the career mode, and the handling, but currently these are just buzz words with no actual information behind them

I think they have done this deliberately to keep us guessing. I know we have made many suggestions and want clarity on what is to come but if they tell everyone what is in the game it won't be as fun when you unwrap the game and discover things for yourself

Refined handling? What has been refined, are the cars more responsive to inputs.
Driver evaluation system? How does this work? What criteria does the system look at to determine how well you ae doing?

I'm looking forward to both games but it just seems like Codemasters have missed an opportunity to hype the game, I'm interested in the changes they've made to the career mode, and the handling, but currently these are just buzz words with no actual information behind them

I think they have done this deliberately to keep us guessing. I know we have made many suggestions and want clarity on what is to come but if they tell everyone what is in the game it won't be as fun when you unwrap the game and discover things for yourself

That's one way of looking at things but we're currently in the situation where people are shouting "urrrr boycott, same game as 2013, just new cars urrrrr"
Whereas if we were given some actual information we would have something to talk about. I'm going to be buying the game either way, I just want to know more about it haha

Onikubi said:

FFS, if they would release the next gen version this fall, it would mean that the game would be released in the fall for the next 8-10 years that this generation lasts. Many players (including me) want the games to be released earlier in the season and this is the only way it can be done. 

Recap:

- they need to release F1 game every year -> F1 2013 with new drivers, cars, tracks, rules -> F1 2014 on PC, PS3, XO

- the next gen game will be completely new and it will be released in the spring. And it's not called F1 2015 because it will probably have some additional content (like 2014 and/or classics).

They need at one year between games to develop. If they had released F1 2014 on PS4 and X1 this October, then F1 2015 would be released the next October and so on. But now that the next gen F1 game is released in the spring, then F1 2016 (or whatever) will also be released in the spring.

I think this is 100% positive thing.

Agreed, when I first heard about this I thought it was a bad idea but having thought about it and reading the few positive comments I have realised it gives people more time to get a next gen console to play F1 2015 or whatever they decide to call it!

It actually looks.... kind of worse than F1 2013. Why are some of the key headline features "Very Easy mode" and "Shorter Career options"? Do Codemasters even listen to their audience or their followers? Stop trying to appeal to F1 newbies and focus on the fans who still continue to stick by the company and get shafted year in, year out.

That's one way of looking at things but we're currently in the situation where people are shouting "urrrr boycott, same game as 2013, just new cars urrrrr"
Whereas if we were given some actual information we would have something to talk about. I'm going to be buying the game either way, I just want to know more about it haha

Can see where your coming from, I don't have a PS4 yet so I will be getting F1 2014. I still would even if I had a PS4. It would be better to have information, but it is clear Codemasters aren't going to give us much info. I don't mind that but lots of people do so I do think they should continue to leak info each week

This is when I am really starting to appreciate the new early access and kickstarting trends. It looks like there's only one way to get rid of those annoying dismissive responses like "soon" or "when it's done", and that is to be a backer to a crowd-funded project. Take Elite Dangerous or Kerbal Space Program or another of the numerous early access titles. You always know what you're going to get and you are treated with respect as a Customer. Unfortunately this seems to be the case mostly with independent developers while the big ones can screw you all they like and don't give a flying tug about you or your feelings or expectations.

i agree. Have you seen the prison architect blog videos. Actually getting the developer explaining new features and plans for future. Find I play more indie games these days. Banished is another. Read his blogs for months while he was making the game. 

Can see where your coming from, I don't have a PS4 yet so I will be getting F1 2014. I still would even if I had a PS4. It would be better to have information, but it is clear Codemasters aren't going to give us much info. I don't mind that but lots of people do so I do think they should continue to leak info each week

Apparently Steve is on holiday this week but says he's back on Monday so I'm suer he'll be expecting a lot of Questions maybe I'll start up a thread in here so he can answer them.

I love codies games but there doesn't seem to be alot more substantial content in this game to warrant purchase again. I know they haven't announced much about the game so I am open to change my mind, but first impressions are quite bleak.  

I'll give Codies credit though, it must have been tough having to create a new engine for next gen, develop 2 games at once, incorporate the new reg changes and many other under the hood stuff all in under a year. Hopefully there is more new stuff to this game though, the scenario challenges get old and are old there needs to be more of a reason to upgrade - one of the reasons I haven't gone next gen yet because most of it is just improved graphics. 

Having said all this hopefully its just a good decent game, if it is I may get it as I actually passed "13.  

EDIT: Also for all the people moaning about no next gen, use your damn brain. You've all complained at one point that the game should be released earlier in the season and now Codies are delivering but yet you fools still continue to complain. To do what Codies are doing by moving the release date, sacrifices need to be made, and that sacrifice was to sadly not put out a 2014 version this year. Everyone just wants to complain and see the negatives. As previously stated this movement of release date will affect the future release points in the series, they will no-longer get put out in autumn but rather spring. 

The only problem I see with this is that I believe 2014 will be the last game on last gen. There will be no 2015 version as just confirmed unless they release a port late next year which I doubt, so when would the next one come out? Spring 2016 as I just described, which most probably won't support PS360. 

I would have liked at least one more last gen F1 game, but owell I guess. 

Codies are saying they had to remove alcohol advertising, however they got the Williams livery all wrong. RACING should replace MARTINI as on the Williams Bahrain livery.. 

Might as well censor out the entire Ferrari team logo, its just a Marlboro advert after all

Hatta said:

Today’s the day we can finally talk F1!

First things first, we’re working on two new Formula 1 titles – one on old gen, the other on new gen.

Coming October 17th is F1 2014 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. Drawing upon all our experience in developing Formula 1 titles down the years, F1 2014 recreates this year’s incredible season featuring all the seismic changes to the sport, including new turbocharged cars, new circuits plus all the driver moves.

The game also includes refined handling on a pad and a new driver evaluation system that tunes game settings to your skill level to increase accessibility – we want all of our players to race competitively, more quickly. Of course, all the veterans of the series will be able to experience the true challenge of racing this year’s stunning generation of cars, featuring more explosive power delivery but less downforce, by customising your options and turning off all the assists.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyA1TbsslsE

Scenario mode has been expanded, we’ve refined career mode options and there’s more info to come, but for now we’ll let Stephen Hood, our creative director on F1, introduce you to some of the headline changes in the sport and the game..

There’s been a dramatic shift in the sport; the largest shake up in the rules and regulations for a very long time and the new power units provide a very different kind of challenge, for both driver and team. By delivering all of these changes, F1 2014 will make for an exciting and refreshingly different experience. Additionally, with the new driver evaluation system analysing each player’s skill level and suggesting appropriate game settings, plus re-graded difficulty levels including a brand new Very Easy setting, we aim to deliver a thoroughly rewarding F1 experience for players of all abilities, from the novice to the seasoned pro.”

Now onto new-gen. 2015 will see us release our first title on new-generation platforms. The game will launch earlier in the Formula One season and then go onto receive live digital updates. These updates will deliver 2015 content into the game as the season unfolds, ensuring you’ll be competing against the same drivers and teams you watch week in and week out!

We’re incredibly excited about new-gen F1 and we know you are too. We’re not yet ready to reveal everything about it yet, but we’ll have a lot more info to share once F1 2014 launches this October.<

Does F1 2014 will (re)introduce P1 and P2 like it does in F1 2010 and F1 2011?

Mmm, not sure how to feel about this. I like the idea of having 2015 earlier and the in -season updates, perhaps also upgrading the cars visually. But I dislike the idea of having 2014 with the same old dated stuff. I mean the graphics in the trailer are underwhelming compared to Grid: Autosport (reflections on the cars look fake).

If CM simply produce F1 2013 with new cars, tracks and tweaked difficulty levels/AI, but without classic content, I will have to pass on this.

The only reason to get a 2014 game without classic content would be if they managed to get it perfect, meaning for me it needs the following:

- manual pitlane control
- better damage model (Grid Autosport did this so much better)
- full race weekend (including P1 and P2)
- cutscenes on the grid, garage, parc ferme and podium
- reconnaisance and warmup lap
- Interviews returned (and less repetitive)
- Much more informative audio from the engineer (or ability to request updates), mainly on weather
- More agressive AI on first lap (Grid Autosport did this well)
- Better AI when lapping them
- Better AI when fast forwarding time in practice and qualy. AI are 1,5 second slower when advancing time in dry, and much faster in wet then I could possibly drive.
- "off track and gaining advantage" only when all 4 tyres are outside the white line. In F1 2013 some corners you could barely put 1 side on the curb and already getting warning or time removed, other corners you can cut massively, making it unfair online between those who stick to the track and those that know the zones you can cut.

If they get all that I would get the game in a heartbeat. But after the previous installments I'm skeptical we even get 1 of those, let alone all of them. The bug when fast forwarding time in the session has been in all installments since F1 2010.

the 2015 thing is cool. however what about f1 2014 all we have heard is 2015 stuff. f1 2014 just seems like a modded 2013. all this "current gen is limited" is an excuse for saying that codemasters couldn't be bothered with f1 2014. and seeing as f1 2014 is to be the last old gen f1 game you would have though they tried to make it the best it can be like grid autosport.

and the headline features what the ****?? very easy mode are you kidding, expanded scenario mode like every year, they should have said we have sorted out multilayer,setups,Tyre wear and a better penalty system. the fact that it is £40 and no classics is a rip off. i will still buy it because I'm an f1 fan but if cm cant even do a proper finished unbugged game on current gen the last 4 or 5 years what chance have they got on next gen.