Scheduled Updates and BETA Shutdown - 06/07/2020 Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Announcing: F1 2014 and Beyond

I'm more interested in the career mode options personally how have they improved what aer these refinements they speak of

MUZZARIOL said:

Codies are saying they had to remove alcohol advertising, however they got the Williams livery all wrong. RACING should replace MARTINI as on the Williams Bahrain livery.. 

Might as well censor out the entire Ferrari team logo, its just a Marlboro advert after all

I just have one sugesstion about that livery,because it also looks strange to me.
Why couldn't they make it like this
http://www.troppoimigliori.com/gt4/gt4cars/italian/lancia-delta-s4-rally-car-85.jpg

amkobih said:
MUZZARIOL said:

Codies are saying they had to remove alcohol advertising, however they got the Williams livery all wrong. RACING should replace MARTINI as on the Williams Bahrain livery.. 

Might as well censor out the entire Ferrari team logo, its just a Marlboro advert after all

I just have one sugesstion about that livery,because it also looks strange to me.
Why couldn't they make it like this
http://www.troppoimigliori.com/gt4/gt4cars/italian/lancia-delta-s4-rally-car-85.jpg

Ah nice!! A Martini "barcode" livery, that looks pretty cool, I wish Williams used that in Bahrain! I swear Williams resurgance in popularity is almost solely down to Martini sponsorship haha

TomskiPl said:

When will you show us video with new engine sound?

We have some hotlaps being made. They should be out in the next couple weeks.

Regarding the Williams livery: Trust me guys, we tried everything.

Hatta said:
TomskiPl said:

Why is the red stripe and 'Racing' acceptable in countries that ban alcohol advertising but not in the game? Also how on Earth did you get away with the classic Ferraris in 2013 that essentially had the Marlboro logo on them in barcode form if they're this strict?

Araqiel said:
Hatta said:
TomskiPl said:

Why is the red stripe and 'Racing' acceptable in countries that ban alcohol advertising but not in the game? Also how on Earth did you get away with the classic Ferraris in 2013 that essentially had the Marlboro logo on them in barcode form if they're this strict?

I cannot say anything more than what's in our FAQ. 

"Well… this was quite the topic of conversation yesterday on Twitter between a lot of fans and those who work in the sport. So here’s the thing…we would have loved to have featured the full race livery and we worked very hard with all of our partners & sign off parties to come up with a solution. Unfortunately due to circumstances outside of our control we’ve had to use a modified livery for the game, just like Williams Martini Racing have to when competing in countries that prohibit the advertising of alcohol. We’re continuing to explore ways to address this in future releases."

Hope you can understand that this isn't what we wanted either. 

i never thought advertising would provoke such a reaction, when you take into acount the pegi license its understandable if a bit ott. the eu has very strict laws regarding this so you would be better lobbying your M.E.P (member european parliament) rather than codmasters.

Luke, do you have any screenshots or hot laps of Sochi lined up? It would be really interesting to see what you guys have done with the track. I'm expecting it will be really good as you did a good job with Korea, India and COTA in previous games.

Hatta said:
Araqiel said:
Hatta said:
TomskiPl said:

I cannot say anything more than what's in our FAQ. 

"Well… this was quite the topic of conversation yesterday on Twitter between a lot of fans and those who work in the sport. So here’s the thing…we would have loved to have featured the full race livery and we worked very hard with all of our partners & sign off parties to come up with a solution. Unfortunately due to circumstances outside of our control we’ve had to use a modified livery for the game, just like Williams Martini Racing have to when competing in countries that prohibit the advertising of alcohol. We’re continuing to explore ways to address this in future releases."

Hope you can understand that this isn't what we wanted either. 

If you can't say any more then that's fine, but hopefully you see how the explanation that Williams also have to do this doesn't really explain much when you can't even use the livery they use in those situations in the game. What a red stripe has to do with alcohol (other than the beer of that name which surely isn't the reason) I've no idea.

It's a shame licensing has to be so restrictive, but when you look at the ideas the F1 working groups have to 'liven up' the sport when the racing is incredible already I suppose it's not all that surprising that they're missing out on their best opportunity to sell the sport to a wider audience, which this series should be. I'm thinking more than just liveries here obviously, like damage models and feeder series, but I know you can't say much about all that either.

Luke, do you have any screenshots or hot laps of Sochi lined up? It would be really interesting to see what you guys have done with the track. I'm expecting it will be really good as you did a good job with Korea, India and COTA in previous games.

I would too but I wouldn't have thought they will till the race is due to happen which I believe is around the same time the game's being released anyway.

It's a shame they can't use the Bahrain version of the Williams livery but we can still tell that it is a Williams so it should make no difference to the game content. @Hatta has already said they tried everything. This means they can't do anything more than they already have. Hopefully it will be sorted for next gen F1!! Can't wait

It's not exactly a huge thing that the red stripe isn't present on the Williams. You'll only really notice it if you're using a Williams and playing in the chase camera views and briefly if you're passing one. It's no different to the plain Force India in 2012. People didn't like that before the game was released but after it did release no one cared.

It'll be forgotten about after the game is released.

That being said. It is a little odd considering the stripes is a lot less obvious than the Marlboro logo yet nothing had to be changed about that.

xanax20 said:

so if i purchase f1 for the old gen will it be 9.99 for the new gen or will we have to pay 60 again for new gen?

They are two seperate games so I'm willing to bet you'll be paying full price for both

Awong124 said:
xanax20 said:

so if i purchase f1 for the old gen will it be 9.99 for the new gen or will we have to pay 60 again for new gen? like cod and battlefield did (9.99 upgrade to new gen?).

That wouldn't happen because they aren't the same game. F1 2014 is coming out for last gen, and F1 2015 is coming out for current gen.

so in short...the new gen gets skipped again? until spring sometime? well I'm def not buying old gen....seems to me like they're trying to double their $....i've been patiently waiting for new gen and get excited yesterday about the announcement and i get this? now i know how will ferrell felt when he said I've got a belly full of white dog shyte in my belly and now your feeding me this shyte??? 

xanax20 said:

so if i purchase f1 for the old gen will it be 9.99 for the new gen or will we have to pay 60 again for new gen?

They are two seperate games so I'm willing to bet you'll be paying full price for both

Awong124 said:
xanax20 said:

so if i purchase f1 for the old gen will it be 9.99 for the new gen or will we have to pay 60 again for new gen? like cod and battlefield did (9.99 upgrade to new gen?).

That wouldn't happen because they aren't the same game. F1 2014 is coming out for last gen, and F1 2015 is coming out for current gen.

so in short...the new gen gets skipped again? until spring sometime? well I'm def not buying old gen....seems to me like they're trying to double their $....i've been patiently waiting for new gen and get excited yesterday about the announcement and i get this? now i know how will ferrell felt when he said I've got a belly full of white dog shyte in my belly and now your feeding me this shyte??? 

xanax20 said:
so in short...the new gen gets skipped again? until spring sometime? well I'm def not buying old gen....seems to me like they're trying to double their $...

Why shouldn't they? They're running a business, and businesses have a responsibility to their shareholders to maximise their profits.

Araqiel said:
Hatta said:
TomskiPl said:

The "Scuderia Ferrari" logo used in F1 is a Philip Morris/Marlboro advert, Ducati's logo in MotoGP is almost identical and that is a company owned by AUDI with no affiliation to Ferrari, besides the fact Philip Morris are feeding their pockets to turn the bikes into flying cigarette packs laden with subliminal tobacco advertising.

Codemasters even lovingly replicated the cheekily designed subliminal Marlboro branding on the lower half of Ferrari's 2013 pit crew shirts.. but I guess a red stripe and RACING logo are too raunchy for Codies target market (or Codies are in Philip Morris' pockets as well)...