Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The AI in Q3

Hello!

I have a Problem on the PS4.

The AI goes out too late on the Clock for a flying Lap at the end of Q3.

http://youtu.be/gkYxf7LRyzk

I agree same thing on pc, after patch after patch,  still not fixed, I play 100 % career by the way

I have a problem as well. In my career, Williams always use the second fastest tyre of the weekend ( example: supersofts at Monaco and the Medium tyres at Silverstone). Nothing wrong, right? Wrong... Williams are now one of the slowest cars in my career. It doesn't make any sense to see them using the "hardest" tyres to do a different strategy on the race if they don't even pass to Q3!! Have a look at this picture:

I have a problem as well. In my career, Williams always use the second fastest tyre of the weekend ( example: supersofts at Monaco and the Medium tyres at Silverstone). Nothing wrong, right? Wrong... Williams are now one of the slowest cars in my career. It doesn't make any sense to see them using the "hardest" tyres to do a different strategy on the race if they don't even pass to Q3!! Have a look at this picture:

I have it too. In my case it's always Mercedes. They have like 5th fastest car, but still try this strategy and often end up eliminated in Q1. Just stupid. Any team should try to avoid being eliminated in the first place. If they're sitting on ~P12 or lower and there's ~5 minutes left in the session, they should take new quicker tires and go for a quicker lap. That's what they would do in real life. In the game they drive out on the used set of harder compound and try again...

kubakw said
I have it too. In my case it's always Mercedes. They have like 5th fastest car, but still try this strategy and often end up eliminated in Q1. Just stupid. Any team should try to avoid being eliminated in the first place. If they're sitting on ~P12 or lower and there's ~5 minutes left in the session, they should take new quicker tires and go for a quicker lap. That's what they would do in real life. In the game they drive out on the used set of harder compound and try again...
Yeah, i forgot to mention that, so annoying!! Thanks for replying

It happens even in the short qualifying, many vehicles come later from the pitlane. is very annoying because blocking the vehicles in the flying lap

@Lozzy @jennyannem

The next Q3 (Full Qualifying) Championship-Season on PS4) and the same Problem.

The AI goes out too late on the Clock for a flying Lap at the End of Q3.

Please fix this Problem.

http://youtu.be/rdfi4OPqcaI

it does need toning down imo but it does happen in real life were they miss getting to the start/finish line to do there final hot lap in qualy....

it does need toning down imo but it does happen in real life were they miss getting to the start/finish line to do there final hot lap in qualy....
It rarely happens and when it happens it ususlly happens when the track is drying. On this game it happens every race with a few cars in dry and wet conditions.

@Lozzy @jennyannem

Please give us a answer to the Problem.

Here the next Video, the AI goes out too late from the Pitline at the End of Q3.

https://youtu.be/P0ONxNOtgcs

Moved to Technical Assistance.

Sorry I thought I'd replied to this thread, maybe it was a similar one. We'll take a look in to this, does it really only happen in Q3 though?

Edit: See also http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/46712/ai-coming-out-the-pits-at-the-end-of-qualifying

I'll answer my own question, it happens in Short Qualifying and I've seen it in Q1 too though the driver in question in the latter missed out on getting a flying lap by less than a second. We'll have a look in to why the AI can't do their maths and get out of the pit lane with enough time to start a lap.

@Lozzy   Can you guys have a look as well at that "hard tyre strategy" made by the AI? it is really annoying to see a Williams out of Q2 or Q3 everytime! I mean, if they don't have the car to pass to Q2 or further, why set a lap time with the hardest tyre!?

hi @Lozzy  I propose a stupid question, given that this is a problem that especially in short qualifying often happens, is not that the time margin calculation was made for the first vehicle, instead of the last?

This thread is about the AI sometimes leaving the garage when there is not enough time to get around the track and start a flying lap before the session ends. We've looked in to that bug and it's on our database.

The issue with some teams using the harder compound in Q2 is a different bug. Again we've looked in to that and reproduced it and there is a bug logged. I've seen this mentioned in a few threads but I don't think it has it's own specific one. I guess we can use this thread to cover both issues.

I have no ETA for a fix for either issue currently.

@lozzy ok, thanks for the reply.
I thought it was a calculation problem for vehicles come out later from the pit lane, given that in this link http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/46712/ai-coming-out-the-pits-at-the-end-of-qualifying, you wrote me, that you had given an amount of time to leave the pit lane plus a little bit more to allow for traffic.  ;)

It is but I have no idea why it's not working correctly, that's the programmers problem!