Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×
F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@Lozzy Xbox One framerates

Hello @Lozzy,

If it's too difficult to hit 60FPS on Xbox One, maybe you could block the framerate around 40-45FPS to have a constant framerate. A constant framerate is far better than a 60FPS with a lot of frames drop : it will improve gameplay, it will fix screen tearing issues and popping issues. In addition, if you could add a better anti aliasing and solve textures that appears lately issues, the game will be close to perfection ;-) The gameplay will be more enjoyable and the game will look really sharper. I think this alternative idea will represent less work than trying to hit 60FPS, it's a realistc solution and a good compromise for both developpers and players.

This would not do much good at all as static 60 refreshes per second cannot be equally divided by 40-45 frames meaning frames stay on display for different amount of time which gives stutter and judder. That's why a locked and vsynced 30 fps is often opted when 60 fps is out of reach.

I really cannot understand why gpu controlled screen refresh (gsync) has not been standardized as it would allow for smooth riding at frame rates in the 45-ish area without stutter and judder.

Constant 60 FPS is great for driving simulation games, but I really prefer a 30 FPS locked games than a 60FPS with massives frames drops, screen tearing, popping and a lot aliasing and various graphical bugs.

Good evening @Lozzy. Another idea to improve framerate on xbox one : a 720p resolution with a very good anti aliasing could fix screen tearing issue and could allow the game to hit a perfectly constant 60FPS, I think it would be the best solution for a racing simulation game. Quantum Break is 720p on xbox one and looks gorgeous. Please submite that request to developpers. Thank you for reading.

Lozzy. what about locking the game to constant 60fps and using a dynamic resolution just as battlefield 1 on Xbox one ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZkSd3-uh40

Many solutions exist to fix F1 2016 issues ;-) Thank you for reading even if you'll never answer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ_VeOsAKUs

Many other videos are talking about screen tearing/frames drops issues... and in a race simulation game, this is a MAJOR issue. It really needs improvement. Project cars fixed it, Assetto corsa fixed it, so what about F1 2016 ?

i played it on ps4 on pc now which is a lot better but ps4 fps drops so much it becomes unplayable needs to be fixed codemasters must see this as a priority fix

@fifi25, Thanks for keeping the fire burning, personally i have given up and stick playing the 70% of the tracks which run nice, or good enough, on ps4. Nevertheless, it is going to be very interesting to see how games with 'unlocked' frame rates like F1 2016 will perform on the ps4 pro.

@Rillelives  I know that posting about issues is like screaming in space (Codemasters won't hear me) but I really like F1 and I wish the game to be fixed at least for screen tearing, frames drops and textures that appears lately... those issues are really unacceptables... and there are to much aliasing (some french reviewers called the game "John Aliasing" )

"The Devs have looked into this and unfortunately after much internal testing and lots of meetings we could not find anyone who cared enough. Marketing however pointed out that we would still like to obtain your cash next year, so the devs were forced to agree to string you out another year with the promise they may do something about it next year! Stay tuned for news soon!

The good news however is we have a work around. If you squint your eyes you hardly even notice the tearing!"

Obviously we're aware of the issue and it is a priority for us but there is no quick fix we can offer unfortunately.

@Lozzy  I thank you for your answer, I really appreciate.

I know it represents tough work and I thank your team in advance. I think two solutions can help (I don't want to seem arrogant, just want to help find solution). First, abandon Kinect and reallocate power to game performance/stability (a solution used for Project Cars and it brings a very consistant framerate and fix sceen tearing issue), then bring resolution  to 720p with a better anti-aliasing (a solution used by Quantum Break and the game looks gorgeous). I think it cans help.

Best regards.

One important thing I forgot, the gameplay (and cars physics) is getting better year after year, so keep it that way guys. F1 2016 just needs bugs to be fixed to be perfect.

Not a single answer and today we know that F1 2016 is abandonned without framerate issues / screen tearing issues improvement. What about "this a priority for us" ? This is a shame, this is a big and inacceptable lack of respect for your customers. Those issues were already not fixed for F1 2015 so we can easily think screen tearing and frames drops issues will be available on F1 2017. I'm very desappointed... and I'm not the only one. And I know that trying to speak with Codemasters is like screaming in space, no one will hear me, isn't @Lozzy ?

Lozzy said:
Obviously we're aware of the issue and it is a priority for us but there is no quick fix we can offer unfortunately.
I know it's not the answer you want but that was an answer.

Optimisation is too complicated and risky to add in a patch I'm afraid. You have my word there is some very positive news on this topic to come though.

Thank you for your answer @Lozzy  but I'm so sad with this news... I sold my Xbox One version for a PS4 version of F1 2016 and, even if it's slighty better, there is a lot of frames drops and still screen tearing on PS4 pro. Play on your games since F1 2010 for F1 games and since Colin Mc Rae Rally on PS1 and I never see as much issues (specially frames drops and screen tearing) before F1 2015 on your games. So what happened guys ? So sad...

Performance isn't one individual thing. It's hundreds or even thousands of things that all have to happen in 16.6 milliseconds (0.0166 Seconds) to render at 60 frames per second. Small changes to any of those things can have a big effect on when other things happen and so on. We know performance on 2016 is not of the standard we set ourselves and we've taken measures to put it right which are ongoing and will be until we ship (initially improving things and then making sure they don't go backwards as we approach release) but specifics will have to wait I'm afraid.

In any case thank you for you answer @Lozzy, I don' t expect any miracle but just more communication... I really wish better performance in future, this is really important in a race simulation. Best regards.

And here I am running at a locked 144fps with everything on Ultra

Honestly guys the game isn't hard to run, sell your console and get a mid-range PC for the same price, then YOU CAN DECIDE whether you want more FPS/dynamic resolutions/FPS caps etc

Consoles were good when the Xbox 360 and PS3 were released because they released with very modern hardware, but this current generation is a massive flop.