Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

@Lozzy Xbox One framerates

kraM1t said:
And here I am running at a locked 144fps with everything on Ultra

Honestly guys the game isn't hard to run, sell your console and get a mid-range PC for the same price, then YOU CAN DECIDE whether you want more FPS/dynamic resolutions/FPS caps etc

Consoles were good when the Xbox 360 and PS3 were released because they released with very modern hardware, but this current generation is a massive flop.
We can sell our consoles for about 100 - 150 now, spec me a PC at that price, thanks.

fifi25 said:
In any case thank you for you answer @Lozzy, I don' t expect any miracle but just more communication... I really wish better performance in future, this is really important in a race simulation. Best regards.

When they stop developing the title on PS4 then you might get a playable game, plus it might run it well on a PC. At the moment, it's a crapshoot.

FRACTURED said:
kraM1t said:

Honestly guys the game isn't hard to run, sell your console and get a mid-range PC for the same price, then YOU CAN DECIDE whether you want more FPS/dynamic resolutions/FPS caps etc

Consoles were good when the Xbox 360 and PS3 were released because they released with very modern hardware, but this current generation is a massive flop.
We can sell our consoles for about 100 - 150 now, spec me a PC at that price, thanks.
I paid about £2500 for a PC. It's very expensive compared to a console (to be fair, the £600 GSYNC monitor could have been something cheaper), but the games are customisable framerate wise, and usually cheaper than Xbox/PS4 titles. Plus you can use their controllers if you want to! I'm not saying PC master race etc, just that over the lifetime of a console/several consoles it might save a bit of money (eventually, if you buy as many games as me, I've got over 650 installed!). I buy an expensive PC then it lasts a bit longer (PC upgrades less essential for a little while longer).

Plus... it can play PC games from PS1 era (or earlier) still, let alone emulate everything up to Wii U/PS3 these days. Of course you can't kick back on a sofa with a dedicated desktop very easily, or take it to your mates house, although I get round the former with a Steam Link streaming box.

FRACTURED said:
kraM1t said:

I paid about £2500 for a PC. It's very expensive compared to a console (to be fair, the £600 GSYNC monitor could have been something cheaper), but the games are customisable framerate wise, and usually cheaper than Xbox/PS4 titles. Plus you can use their controllers if you want to! I'm not saying PC master race etc, just that over the lifetime of a console/several consoles it might save a bit of money (eventually, if you buy as many games as me, I've got over 650 installed!). I buy an expensive PC then it lasts a bit longer (PC upgrades less essential for a little while longer).

Plus... it can play PC games from PS1 era (or earlier) still, let alone emulate everything up to Wii U/PS3 these days. Of course you can't kick back on a sofa with a dedicated desktop very easily, or take it to your mates house, although I get round the former with a Steam Link streaming box.
Been looking at one for a while yeah, my point being that no, we cant just sell a console and go buy a 'Mid Range PC' with the 150 quid. 150 quid would get a decent processor, OR mobo, OR GPU, OR tower+PSU+Cooling.

I'd just be on Football Manager if I got a PC anyways lmao.

Maybe not quite that inexpensive, but there are affordable PC options: reddit.com/r/PCMasterRace/wiki/builds

It's not outrageously expensive to build a PC that can match or exceed the capabilities of a game console. The hard part is stopping there, because there are so many tempting options to throw in moar powaahhh!  :)

(No, this is not a dig against consoles or console gamers. I have owned many consoles over the years. I'm only suggesting that if affordability is the only barrier stopping anyone from PC gaming, it actually can be affordable - especially when PC games can go on sale more often than console games at deeper discounts than console games.)

Potentially good news for PS4 Pro users:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-ps4-pro-boost-mode-makes-standard-ps4-games-run-more-smoothly

From the comment section of the DF link:

"I can confirm F1 2016 definitely runs better. It targets 60 fps but resorts to tearing and dropped frames on original PS4. It now runs at 60 fps without tearing. Quite a few games target 60 fps but don't consistently hit 60fps, all of those will benefit from boost"