Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

Is it any good with a wheel?

I'm teetering on the edge of  ordering GAS but I will only do so if it plays well with a wheel. Also if you any other general pros and cons on the game it would be nice to hear as I'm trying to pick between this and GT6 to tide my over to when the PS4 actually gets some racing games.

PS: does GAS support 900° rotation on PS3 or is it locked to 180° like DiRT 3?

I use wheel (G27) but turn the rotation in the Windows profiler down to 220 degrees, this allows fast/more arcadey handling but still a lot lot more control than the Joypad.

EDIT: Yes it does allow the full 900 but it feels really slow (hence above, 200 degrees)

I vote for a wheel. If you want more of a simulator game, get GT6, lean more towards arcade, GAS. On another note to consider...GT6 promised a lot more then they delivered as a whole package of a game, 8 months later, they still have not followed through. GAS has the corruption issue and we are still waiting to see if/when it shall be resolved.

GAS plays as well with my Fanatec CSR on Xbox as any Codies game does (apart from Grid 2, which was pretty useless thanks to the physics). You certainly don’t get the same range of force feedback that you do from a proper sim or even a Forza game, but with a bit of tweaking it certainly adds to the immersion.

I use a wheel on the PS3 and it works great, it took a little while to make it "feel" right for me. Received Platinum in all the Racenet challenges last week and have three under my belt this time so the wheel can definitely keep pace.