F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Last week's Racenet Challenge cheat...

As  I have no chance to rank highly in the Racenet Challenges I'm not too concerned with cheats, presumably they don't get as much out of it by ranking top as I do putting in a personal 'superlap' that gets me into the top 30%. But I'm genuinely surprised to see last week's obvious cheat (won't name them but if you watched the rankings it was pretty obvious, by tens of seconds) hasn't been banned but is now ranking 2nd or 3rd in some of the disciplines. Presumably they've just learnt how to cheat more believably.

We're actively investigating some peculiar activity, especially with regards to last week's challenge. We're currently crawling through ghost laps analyzing bits and pieces. Once we've got the evidence, anyone found guilty will be gone.

hi loore, what about the obvious hacks on the multilayer leader boards on ps3. the top 3 have between 8.5million and 9.1 million xp, although they have all completed less than 1500 races. 1 of them has completed 0 races.

im currently 4th in the leader boards with just 6.1 million xp and i have won more races than these guys have even completed. how can this be if it is not a hack.

i have taken pics and emailed to the address given in the cheat post but heard nothing. they have been on the leader boards for nearly 2 weeks.

The guys with 0 races probably got hit with a corrupt save, but never restarted. I have seen this on a couple occasions. That's just a theory, though. As for the others, they probably just boost in a full lobby. Racing with AI only gives you a fraction of XP compared to racing all humans.

TUSMBOX said:
The guys with 0 races probably got hit with a corrupt save, but never restarted. I have seen this on a couple occasions. That's just a theory, though. As for the others, they probably just boost in a full lobby. Racing with AI only gives you a fraction of XP compared to racing all humans.

not a chance, i race full lobbies every night with my team and these 3 guys just appeared from no where 1 day. if u look at the id's, two of them are actually the same person using a sub acc, so that confirms it is a hack, also after seeing these 3 pop up all of a sudden i checked out u tube. u can see this hack in action and the idiot has also released a trainer so other people can learn it.

type in grid autosport unlimited xp and money hack on u tube.

u will see what i mean, it infuriates me that i race online every night, have built a great team and have been robbed of my no1 spot by 3 damn hackers.

also i have 2300 races, over 1400 wins and 2000 poduims, mainly in full lobbies with human players, the no1 guy has 1700 races total. 780 wins,  1400 podiums.

he has over 3 million more xp, u do the math.

half my wins, 600 less podiums and 3 million more xp.

PC version is full of cheats, so I'm not surprised and it's why I only play online on PC in closed lobbies with friends. The AI on Hard and Very Hard are competent enough to make the races challenging for us. :)

-edit- and if it's on PS3 then - free online, that's all I will say. Most of these console hacks will probably stop once people have to start paying for PS+ to play online ;-)

Before I post this, I just want to declare that I'm not trying to legitify these people, just making sure to exhaust all possibilities. That being said, I'll ask this. Do you have the boost pack? Also, boosters, I would think, run the same car on the same track, meaning bigger milestones; location, wins, podiums, distance, plus vehicle level bonuses on top of that. Like I said, don't think I'm on their side, I would just assume they would try to hide their hacking better. EDIT: Another thing to mention, when you get a data corruption, your club XP isn't reset. You can resume gaining club XP as if nothing happened. 

yes i do have the boost pack. just look at the figures i have posted or go look up the ps3 leader boards, 

half my race wins and 3 million more xp. NOT POSSIBLE.

yes i do have the boost pack. just look at the figures i have posted or go look up the ps3 leader boards, 

I did look them up. Did you look at my full post? I doubt it. If your save gets corrupted, you don't lose any club XP. You could literally have 0 races, but still have a trillion XP.

PC version is full of cheats, so I'm not surprised and it's why I only play online on PC in closed lobbies with friends. The AI on Hard and Very Hard are competent enough to make the races challenging for us. :)

-edit- and if it's on PS3 then - free online, that's all I will say. Most of these console hacks will probably stop once people have to start paying for PS+ to play online ;-)

That's not true Kazzy. I never encountered with a cheater in the PC version before on multiplayer and I'm not going to let some one idiot ruin the game for me on the platform. Maybe because I'm lucky that I didn't run into a hacker? I don't think so since not that many people complained about the PC version on the forums so I know for a fact that the PC version is 'mostly' clean.

I play quite a lot in public lobbies on the PC and as far as I can tell there are very few obvious cheats, seen one since the game released. I think I prefer them to the host of players who think nothing of ramming you off the road as at least they don't muck up your own race.

TUSMBOX said:

I did look them up. Did you look at my full post? I doubt it. If your save gets corrupted, you don't lose any club XP. You could literally have 0 races, but still have a trillion XP.

im NOT talking about clubs, im talking about individuals, your multiplayer xp is tied to ur current save file, i know this for a fact as i had to re- load a very old save file the other day due to my 9th save file corruption.

i dropped over 1 million xp and from 4th to 8th on the leader-boards also my race/ wins/ podiums all dropped in line with the old save file. yet team xp remained the same, u r talking about team xp. which remains un changed no matter what happens to individuals as it is stored on codies servers.

luckily i managed to to find a more recent save file that works and ended up losing just 100k xp and maintain my 4th  place (legitimate 1st) although i did have to sell my entire online garage yet again.

don't try and tell me that they appeared from nowhere because they had save file glitch as that does not explain the race/ wins/ podiums discrepancy, which is all stored on each individual save file. so if someone has 9 million xp with only 600 wins it is obviously a hack.

the 3 individuals, NOT CLUBS im talking about are obvious hacks.

also my club is currently no2 and we will soon be no 1 baby.

GO MONSTER RACERS.

Still, not every1 who is better or has more exp(time to play) is a hacker/cheater;)

053 said:

Still, not every1 who is better or has more exp(time to play) is a hacker/cheater;)

true, but if all there stats r lower than mine, games played, wins and podiums. then how can they have 3 million more xp.

you can hit me dead, no clue :)

I hope, if it is the case of some cheating, that CM goes sort it out and ban the mofo`s.

But like in every online game, the cheating cockroaches are there no mather how much u (virtual) kill them, they Always come back :s  

they have more xp because of racenet challenges you get xp with no wins on your record like myself got over 1 million in xp doing challenges.

I have been very lucky and not had a corrupt game save.  I am not on that much during the week other than for doing the challenges.  On the weekend Im on a bit I guess............need to mow my grass............Im level 44 overall.

Cheater doesn't bug me as much as tuned car & it's like if I drive for Ferrari against the Redbull in 2013. I see the ghost car missing all the apex & most radius are imprecise although it is in the top.... Oh well...