Jump to content Jump to content

What new F1 titles are you going to buy?

I love F1 and the F1 games that CM produces. I'm going to buy both and everyone else is as well even if they deny it. I don't have a PS4 at the moment due to the lack of games I like to play, but planned on buying a PS4 for a while now even if F1 2014 was only going to be next gen only.

ill be buying both, good chance 2014 on pc will be around £20 for preorder so if i get 20 hours play time thats a £1 a hour, and you never no you might get discount if you bought f1 2014,  we all no they are only releasing 2014 as they need to release a game every year, 

p.s im defo not a codemasters fan boy the way they have held back news is bad

I will definitely buy the F1 2015 game on my next gen console. I am not sure about F1 2014 though. I was really hoping the next game would be on the next gen consoles. I want something new, but not if the next game comes out early next year. Of course, even if early next year, F1 2015 is probably 9 months away from now.  :s

I need more info on the 2014 game before deciding and this is coming from a  F1 fanatic  who pre ordered  2010 + 2011 + 2012 + 2013   so come on  CM give us some info on this years updates as well as some real game play footage  trailers etc etc etc ...

ocesc68 said:

They said it has yet to be decided how to call it.

My guess is they'll call it "F1 2014/15"

More like CM do not yet know if they will hold the new 5 year contract which runs out this year and if  the 2014 version is a flop then CM aint going to be making a 2015 version  ...

Actually I dont know, because I really felt betrayed by CM, I did not bought F1 2013 because I bought me a PS4 directly to the start and get nothing from CM....all other companys make an remake like Tomb Raider, The last of us etc. but CM still thinks they need no next gen. And why betrayed? Because in 2013 they told that F1 14 would look awesome and come out for next gen and what now? The only thing is why I dont know if I buy 2015 is, that they aren't completly stupid at CM, they know that no one would buy F1 14 and that's why they did not make advertising like years before...so it looks to me, that they have an eye on their finance, one thing what looks positive to me.

I think last gen F1 went as far as it could technically with 2013.

The only reason I can see for buying 14 is if you are really into F1 so much you want to drive the new cars and have to have all the drivers racing for the right teams. There may be some other changes, but my guess is not much.

I am not really into F1. But I like playing the game. F1 2013 completer edition at 20 quid was a good value purchase for me. What would make me purchase 2014 is if it had more classic content/extra tracks or had a significant graphics/sound upgrade (next gen). It doesn't, so I won't bother.

I think it is hard to overstate how big a reveal for CM their first next gen title will be.

IMO CM racing games have always been about fantastic graphics, it is a CM characteristic. So I can understand what with the reveals on Pcars and Driveclub they are anxious not to release something that is seen as sub par.

On the other hand I personally am keen to move to next gen, and I think this autumn is the time to do it. The problem for me is which console, PS4 or XBO. And basically boils down to Driveclub/GT7 against Forza5/6/FH2. Codemasters isn't a factor as they will almost certainly release on both. But the purchase of next gen in autumn will affect whether I want to buy last gen games (F1 2014), which I won't.

I think F12014 will not be good terms of sales. My disclaimer is that I thought GA would be a great success as it hit a sweet spot between last gen and this gen, but from the info I see on the net I was dismally wrong there.

Overall I am underwhelmed by the F1 2014 announcement. I am sure though that CM are doing everything they can in order to bring the next gen  games forwards as soon as possible.