F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Who else thinks CM made the right choice?

I think codemasters made the right choice to not make f1 2014 on the xbox one/ps4 means the first game on them will be the best possible thing they could do like f1 2009 was on psp /wii then look at f1 2010 was the best f1 game they have made I think? Just hoping they get it right with f1 2015 even though it's not the name of the game they keep saying witch is odd just hope it comes out March /April time just sad I'll be missing this year's f1 game due to my xbox 360 dying out on my but just can't wait for news on it! Bring on early next year! What do you guys think of there choice? 

yeah happy with announcement. Think they have tried to please everyone. Old gen get a game and so do new gen. Won't be new game after these till 2016 so gives people time to upgrade.

Bit worried about why they wont confirm name. Really hope they don't create similar game to we currently have and use extra space and memory on adding previous seasons. Be a great waste. Personally want game for current season. Don't think I have even clicked on the classic menu in f1 2013. 

Happy here too. It makes sense to me. It seems like the chaos of earlier has calmed down and a few people are coming around. Like someone said in another thread , CM are damned if they do and damned if they don't. People will complain no matter what way they do it.

Dez0808 said:

yeah happy with announcement. Think they have tried to please everyone. Old gen get a game and so do new gen. Won't be new game after these till 2016 so gives people time to upgrade.

Bit worried about why they wont confirm name. Really hope they don't create similar game to we currently have and use extra space and memory on adding previous seasons. Be a great waste. Personally want game for current season. Don't think I have even clicked on the classic menu in f1 2013. 

Yeah that's only thing I'm worried about why they won't say the name I asked Luke spring earlier and he said f1 2015 name hasn't been confirmed so don't get what this is all about to be honest just hope it's a good game and it comes out at the start of the season like they said! Hopefully march/April like 4 races in to it be good? 

Happy here too. It makes sense to me. It seems like the chaos of earlier has calmed down and a few people are coming around. Like someone said in another thread , CM are damned if they do and damned if they don't. People will complain no matter what way they do it.

Yeah at first I was like the f*ck? But then after a few hours thinking about it thought it was the best idea they could do! Will make the game so much better plus will only just be getting bored of the games I'm getting at end of the year! Think it's the best just a bit saddened this will be the first f1 game I won't buy cos of my old xbox dying :( hopefully won't be too long after? Plus they say it's a while new game so that's good! 

Dez0808 said:

I wouldn't mind if they added in previous seasons, to this new game. If you can play through different seasons in one game, say for example and just for arguments sake 2010 - 2015, that would go some way to address the complaints of the drivers not moving in between season. And you could argue, Codemasters have made all the tracks and cars, might as well do something with them. However I can't imagine that being likely, and I understand the view point that you want the game to focus on the current season of F1 at the time.

I hope they use the power of the next gen consoles to really take the series to the next level. With the current games the racing, especially on multiplayer is exciting, but all the other aspects are a bit weak. Tire wear is scripted, therefore your driving style doesn't effect it, but if this was enhanced it would add a new dimension to the races, because someone who has a smooth driving style could run a different strategy to someone else. I could go on for hours but I'm pretty sure everyone has the same ideas I do haha

im still a little disappointed were not getting f1 2014 on ps4 but if they can get f1 2015 out by april or may then that would be cool...but if by "earlier in the season" they mean august or september then that still sucks.  who wants to get the game only just before it becomes obsolete?  thats always been my problem with codemasters release dates of this franchise.  i havent bought any f1 games since 2011 and with this news on 2014 i guess im waiting until at least 2015.

Dez0808 said:

just have to play evolve till April. That game looks great

Think I'll just play project cars till f1 or forza horizon 2 ;) 

im still a little disappointed were not getting f1 2014 on ps4 but if they can get f1 2015 out by april or may then that would be cool...but if by "earlier in the season" they mean august or september then that still sucks.  who wants to get the game only just before it becomes obsolete?  thats always been my problem with codemasters release dates of this franchise.  i havent bought any f1 games since 2011 and with this news on 2014 i guess im waiting until at least 2015.

Yeah I don't think that they will bring it out September time that what it more or less now?  I think it will be 4/5 races into it before we see the game hit stores hopefully it is early in the season like they said