Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Verizon Formulation 1 World Series USGP

Hey race fans, MBKF1 here with the thread for the annual Austin 300 Grand Prix of Texas in the United States. The action starts tomorrow with the Practice sessions live from the Clinton Circuit of the Americas. With the World Series nearing its conclusion, Lewis Hamiltown will be looking to truly Trump Nico Rosenberg this weekend, with a win in his Mercedes AMG Formulizer 1 car. Meanwhile, can Danny Rickyardo take another win if the conditions of the race don't go the way of the Silver Bullets? We'll find out after this commercial break.

This programme is sponsored by ExxonMobil, makers of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers of the highest quality.

Welcome back to the Speedway of the United States, and the COTA 300. Away from the track, Taylor Swift will be performing in the Half Time Weekend Show at the stadium within this dope facility. Make sure you go see her on Saturday night.

Back to the racing, and 22 year old Daniil Kvyat is fighting for his life at Toro Russo Racing, and he has the pressure of Helmet Marcus all over him. He will certainly be looking to shake it off this weekend. Now, time for a quick commercial break.

DON'T MISS THE FORMULATION 1 WORLD SERIES THIS WEEKEND IN AUSTIN, TEXAS. IT'S THE UNITED STATES 300, SPONSORED BY VERIZON. DISCOVER THE LATEST CELL PHONES, SMARTPHONES, PREPAID DEVICES, TABLETS, CELL PHONE PLANS AND ACCESSORIES WITH VERIZON WIRELESS, THE NATION'S LARGEST 4G LTE NETWORK.

What a weekend we have in store. Back to the Formuler 1 action, and the true love story this weekend will be between Nico Hulk and Renault F1 Sport Team, as they have recently announced a new marriage of services. Hulkenburger's departure from Forced India means there is now a blank space next to Sergio Perez. We asked him on Thursday what he thought about Hulkberg's decision to leave the outfit.

'For sure the decicion for Nico to leave is a disappointing one. After he announced to the team he was leaving, I pulled him aside and said to him, 'I knew you were trouble when you walked in through the front door of the factory, this morning, no? I could see you were going to deliber some bad news, but I wish you well at Reno.' Time now for our last commercial break.

Duracell make the best, longest-lasting batteries, in the world. Say no more, just buy and plug right in. Choose Duracell every time, because it's good, too good.

To finish our preview to the 19th round of the Formulation Cup 2016, we end up at Ferrari. Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Rakeonen desperately need more performance from their motor vehicle, but is there bad blood in the team? We asked Maurizio Arrivabono about the current situation in the squad.

'Ah yes, no, we have the best drivers in the world for sure. It's not their fault, it is, 100% team, no? In fact, Fernando phone me last week and he ask me if there is any opportunity to drive a Ferrari again. I tell him, no, we are never ever getting back together. You left the team on bad terms, so you stay at Honda, ok good.'

Don't miss any of the action this weekend across the CMTV network. Thank you for watching, and good night.

Brilliant.                                                             

YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THAT TAYLOR SWIFT IS PERFORMING AT THIS GRAND PREE, NO MENTION OF HER IN THE TITLE, WHAT THE FUCK I AM SO UPSET RIGHT NOW I AM SORRY TAY-TAY WE ARE NOT WORTHY

I ONLY NOW NOTICED THE REFERENCES, I AM SORRY TAY-TAY, AS IT TURNS OUT, I AM NOT WORTHY

I feel so bad, this sucks, I wish I could be reborn as a clamp and just hide myself from the world in the darkest patch of the ocean

Jiggy said:
I ONLY NOW NOTICED THE REFERENCES, I AM SORRY TAY-TAY, AS IT TURNS OUT, I AM NOT WORTHY

I feel so bad, this sucks, I wish I could be reborn as a clamp and just hide myself from the world in the darkest patch of the ocean
I was gonna say, how did you miss the massive bold underlined text with all the Tay-Tay songs?!

wally

So, I wonder what will happen to Lewis today. Tbf, that's the most interesting question for the rest of the season.

It's all about the first corner, once again. If he can get off the line well and lead, he'll win the race. If he gets another stinker of a start then it's another win for Rosberg and another 2nd or 3rd for Lewis.

This is how I predict Hamilton gets off the line, skip to 25 seconds

https://youtu.be/j5aBWolQaz0

Hughesy said:
This is how I predict Hamilton gets off the line, skip to 25 seconds

I'm half expecting this to be Hamilton after the race.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7I8sps0EQpw

Never been so happy to be wrong, still time for Lewis to do what's in the above video though :#

It wouldn't be bad, but if something could go bang in Rosberg's car that would be great.

More good luck for Rosberg, VSC has handed him 2nd place. They really need to rethink this as someone always gets screwed.

looool Alonso dominates Massa one last time before he leaves, bet he's crying in his car right now, the midget looooooool

Hamilton wins, doesn't change much, Rosberg gets more luck, I don't give a ****

Poem.

Rosberg is just gonna do exactly what he needs to do the last few races, minimize the losses. He just needs second each race and he wins. I think he'all probably get at least one more win this season and it'll really be over. There's no reason he needs to risk anything. 

Best radio message of the season for Ricciardo with "I'd love to catch that mother****er". I'd vote for it.

I enjoyed the race though, a Hamilton win no matter where Rosberg finishes puts me in a good mood! All it'd take now is for Rosberg to have a DNF and Hamilton to win at the next race and there'd only be 1 point in it. I still have some hope yet!

I couldn't tell whether the race was a snoozefest because I haven't slept since Saturday morning. Please let me die.

Bits of good action here and there, but not the greatest race ever. Hamilton perfect, Rosberg did what he needed to do, Ferrari being typical Ferrari. No idea how Alonso wasn't penalised for the overtake on Massa. That was a clumsier overtake than what Rosberg did at Malaysia and Hockenheim, and Vettel did pretty much exactly the same thing to Massa at Silverstone and got a 5 second penalty and points on his super license. The stewarding consistency has been awful as of late, even by current standards. 

Now on to Mexico, with the thought that this time next week Rosberg could be Formula 1 world champion. 

VetteIfan said:
Bits of good action here and there, but not the greatest race ever. Hamilton perfect, Rosberg did what he needed to do, Ferrari being typical Ferrari. No idea how Alonso wasn't penalised for the overtake on Massa. That was a clumsier overtake than what Rosberg did at Malaysia and Hockenheim, and Vettel did pretty much exactly the same thing to Massa at Silverstone and got a 5 second penalty and points on his super license. The stewarding consistency has been awful as of late, even by current standards. 

Now on to Mexico, with the thought that this time next week Rosberg could be Formula 1 world champion.

I thought Massa shut the door on Alonso tbh, just like Vettel did to Hulkenberg at the start.