Jump to content Jump to content

Who's hoping the same issues won't emerge in F1 2014?

Having seen the news feed about the upcoming F1 game it reminded me of the glaring and awful issues that existed in 2013. Some of which included:

- Save game bug re-emerged

- "All Equal" mode online didn't make the cars equal

- More FPS = faster lap times

And so on. The F1 community, as endearing as we are (chuckle), we took time, patience and a lot of effort to bring these issues to CM's attention. Some of which were originally dismissed, then irrefutable evidence suggested otherwise which forced CM's hand.

Some of the issues were fixed with a patch, and then re-introduced in a later patch. It was a balls up.

But the most frustrating part of this, the thing that still makes me so p****d off - They closed the forums for over 6 months. Who on earth project managed that?

Also, how convenient was it that CM removed all the evidence and heated threads about reoccurring and glaring bugs on a product which was obviously not tested.    

Any sane person who wanted to replace a forum on a popular site would have a migration plan between one and another. Not take it down completely and have its replacement as an afterthought.

But no worries, we're just your customers.

Please don't balls this game up as well. Actually test it.

Autosport, was their last game.  CM is no more.  They won't be making any more games, as they keep on proving to their customers we don't matter.  Is Turn 10 making F1?  Seriously codenoobies it's not finished, if we the community are beta testing,  after paying for your BS, that can only mean ur beta testers suck!

Make it correctly or don't make it at all. 

With CodeMasters' history, I expect their future games to be released with major game-breaking defects, omissions, & delayed (or non-existent) updates. I don't see why I should expect otherwise, but I'd sure like to be proven otherwise. It doesn't have to be perfect at launch, but it at least has to work. It seems like their "launch dates" are really "retail beta release dates," and their games aren't even close to fully functional until some undetermined later date. I either won't purchase their games again at all, or I'll wait until months after release & after patches to purchase if it actually works by then (...and even then, perhaps only if it's heavily discounted and/or pre-owned).

No actually, I'm hoping all the same issues do emerge, really looking forward to it, 10/10

/sarcasm

No one wants bugs.

And closing the forums has nothing to do with the quality of F1 2013. You pay for F1 2013, you get F1 2013, you're not paying for the forums. If you want to talk about issues of F1 2013 then do, but if the most frustrating part is something that isn't to do with the game it seems you don't have a lot to complain about.

I've put in a couple hundred of hours on F1 2013, playing a load of split screen with friends, and the only bugs I experienced were The A.I getting unsafe release in the pits and driving underneath me and overtaking me in the pits, which was actually quite funny to witness but I think that got patched. The A.I sometimes running the same compound of tires for the entire race and not getting a penalty, and sometimes the game freaking out and giving me unlimited flashbacks which I'm not complaining about.

I see a lot of people moaning about "hurr durr codemasters moar like bugmasters" but I've owned all the F1 games and I've never experienced any game breaking bugs or glitches

And closing the forums has nothing to do with the quality of F1 2013. You pay for F1 2013, you get F1 2013, you're not paying for the forums. If you want to talk about issues of F1 2013 then do, but if the most frustrating part is something that isn't to do with the game it seems you don't have a lot to complain about.

I understand your comment but the point is the F1 Gaming Community were very active and provided  a LOT of feedback to CM to apply patches. I remember from one thread someone mentioned that the "All Equal" mode was broken. CM initially denied it. Then a massive influx of posters responded with videos, times, evidence until CM were forced to acknowledge it.

And what was our reward? Removing all the evidence. Removing all our hard work without acknowledgement. Conveniently removing the primary method in which people complained and raised bugs for month after month, hoping people would just forget about it. 

You mention split screen in your comment so I'll assume you're a console gamer. Did you ever participate in online leagues? A lot of us did and bugs that did not make cars equal and higher FPS for quicker lap times made it pointless because it was not fair.

Most of the glaring bugs affected PC players more.

oeicoeic said:

Well  2014 is the last version of  F1  on the 5 year  current contract with  FOM  so who knows if its the last CM version  ever ...

yeah it's not as if they've announced a next gen F1 game to be released early next yea...oh wait

Well  CM  can announce whatever they want  BUT  until they have the new 5 year contract from FOM  whatever they say  means nothing  ...

oeicoeic said:
oeicoeic said:

Well  2014 is the last version of  F1  on the 5 year  current contract with  FOM  so who knows if its the last CM version  ever ...

yeah it's not as if they've announced a next gen F1 game to be released early next yea...oh wait

Well  CM  can announce whatever they want  BUT  until they have the new 5 year contract from FOM  whatever they say  means nothing  ...

Yeah because FOM would let them announce a Formula 1 game if they didn't have a contract for 2015, do you have a source for any of this?

DiscoDave said:

I understand your comment but the point is the F1 Gaming Community were very active and provided  a LOT of feedback to CM to apply patches. I remember from one thread someone mentioned that the "All Equal" mode was broken. CM initially denied it. Then a massive influx of posters responded with videos, times, evidence until CM were forced to acknowledge it.

And what was our reward? Removing all the evidence. Removing all our hard work without acknowledgement. Conveniently removing the primary method in which people complained and raised bugs for month after month, hoping people would just forget about it. 

You mention split screen in your comment so I'll assume you're a console gamer. Did you ever participate in online leagues? A lot of us did and bugs that did not make cars equal and higher FPS for quicker lap times made it pointless because it was not fair.

Most of the glaring bugs affected PC players more.

Play on Xbox and PC. I can imagine the FPS issue won't effect the console gamers, due to everyone having the same hardware and frame rates being locked, and whilst I did play a lot of multiplayer on my 360, I've not raced online on my PC.

Did both these issues get patched for the PC?

oeicoeic said:
oeicoeic said:

Yeah because FOM would let them announce a Formula 1 game if they didn't have a contract for 2015, do you have a source for any of this?

Well  you  SHOW  the thread   on this forum that says CM have renewed there 5 year contract with FOM  ...

Just one simple fix will keep me on board - "Give us the ability to keep an online, private lobby together for the duration of a qualifying/race session" - or at least until the race has got under way. This one "simple" thing is "crippling" our league admins:-

You start quali, you're not really concentrating, you're just waiting for that dreaded "MR X DISCONNECTED" message. He does and he then "LEAVES THE CHATROOM" and a few seconds later signs-off. Then he re-appears, but can't get back in on the second invite - if you remembered to send it. You're in the middle of your own hotlap, getting messages from him about what happened and trying to decide what to do. He's panicking that he's just disappeared into thin-air and no-one loves him any more. You finish quali, someone presses the continue button too soon so your camera doesn't get all the quali positions. You abort, round everyone up again - your mic's gone dead, so you hope everyone's in chatroom & re-invite them all. You squint through the camera viewfinder and write out all the quali positions on paper - but you missed the guy who put a last second flying lap in. So you bat that about for a while. You set up a new lobby race only with contrived weather to match what we expected as best as possible. Someone disconnects as soon as it's too late to abort going into the race. You repeat it all, this time letting everyone know the show goes on regardless this time. You start and we do a formation lap with everyone getting into their race positions - but one of them's forgot and gone for it! You let him go, but now people are confused about their positions. You forgot to switch penalties off so people are getting 10 sec pens for illegal blocking whilst trying to let someone past. and someone's been clumsy and knocked off their front wing despite all your guidelines.. the race starts and it dawns on you that YOU are the only one who amidst all of this has forgotten to select his car setup. YOU SHOOT YOURSELF!    

I love me F1 games, but appreciate I am not a hardcore F1 gamer. I use sticks and not a steering wheel, I don't so my own set-ups or do 100% races and never seem to find the bugs that others do from really pushing the game to the limit. 

However, the other day I put back in the Studio Liverpool F1 Championship edition game and forgot how incredible it is. 

The handling seems more responsive, damage felt realistic, and passing was tough. 

AI Seemed pretty good for the most part. 

There are few major bits that bug me about it, but for the fact it was a PS3 release title, I can't complain. 

Part of me wants someone like Studio Liverpool to have another go at the game to compare it to the more recent franchise from CM. 

Or I would like to see CM improve its overall game. 

Just one simple fix will keep me on board - "Give us the ability to keep an online, private lobby together for the duration of a qualifying/race session" - or at least until the race has got under way. This one "simple" thing is "crippling" our league admins:-

You start quali, you're not really concentrating, you're just waiting for that dreaded "MR X DISCONNECTED" message. He does and he then "LEAVES THE CHATROOM" and a few seconds later signs-off. Then he re-appears, but can't get back in on the second invite - if you remembered to send it. You're in the middle of your own hotlap, getting messages from him about what happened and trying to decide what to do. He's panicking that he's just disappeared into thin-air and no-one loves him any more. You finish quali, someone presses the continue button too soon so your camera doesn't get all the quali positions. You abort, round everyone up again - your mic's gone dead, so you hope everyone's in chatroom & re-invite them all. You squint through the camera viewfinder and write out all the quali positions on paper - but you missed the guy who put a last second flying lap in. So you bat that about for a while. You set up a new lobby race only with contrived weather to match what we expected as best as possible. Someone disconnects as soon as it's too late to abort going into the race. You repeat it all, this time letting everyone know the show goes on regardless this time. You start and we do a formation lap with everyone getting into their race positions - but one of them's forgot and gone for it! You let him go, but now people are confused about their positions. You forgot to switch penalties off so people are getting 10 sec pens for illegal blocking whilst trying to let someone past. and someone's been clumsy and knocked off their front wing despite all your guidelines.. the race starts and it dawns on you that YOU are the only one who amidst all of this has forgotten to select his car setup. YOU SHOOT YOURSELF!    

Thats SO TRUE  its unbelievable and do not forget the times it took so long to get a race  going most of your friends left the race after there pit stop as its now 3 am in the morning and they got to get up for work ...

I can imagine the FPS issue won't effect the console gamers, due to everyone having the same hardware and frame rates being locked, and whilst I did play a lot of multiplayer on my 360, I've not raced online on my PC.

Regarding the FPS issue = It was improved, but not fixed.

Regarding the "All Equal" issue = It was fixed in one patch, then re-introduced into another patch (how on earth someone could forget to roll up previous patches into a new one is beyond me). Was fixed later on.

This was several months into the game though. I don't think the multiplayer community recovered and online was reduced to mario kart style gameplay because people just couldn't be bothered.

oeicoeic said:
oeicoeic said:
oeicoeic said:

Well  you  SHOW  the thread   on this forum that says CM have renewed there 5 year contract with FOM  ...

Implying a thread is a trustworthy source. 0/10 m8

After a quick Google search I have found nothing to suggest that Codemasters license for the F1 games expires this year, the closest thing I have found is a bunch of articles in 2012 saying Codemasters have extended their license with F1, but doesn't specify how long for.

So I would ask you again, do you have any evidence that Codemasters' contracts ends this year, because right now I have no evidence to say so, and the fact that they have officially announced an Official F1 game for next year leads me to believe that they still have the license

DiscoDave said:
I can imagine the FPS issue won't effect the console gamers, due to everyone having the same hardware and frame rates being locked, and whilst I did play a lot of multiplayer on my 360, I've not raced online on my PC.

Regarding the FPS issue = It was improved, but not fixed.

Regarding the "All Equal" issue = It was fixed in one patch, then re-introduced into another patch (how on earth someone could forget to roll up previous patches into a new one is beyond me). Was fixed later on.

This was several months into the game though. I don't think the multiplayer community recovered and online was reduced to mario kart style gameplay because people just couldn't be bothered.

Ah fairs, the All Equal issue was never a factor for me and my friends. There was only a small handful of us who played, and we were all at different skill levels so we kept the 2013 performance on and those who were faster went in the slower cars, and we kept the A.I on to fill up the Grid. Might not be as good as a proper racing league but it was good fun for us when we did system link / Xbox Live races

JJRosso said:
Invites should remain open for the whole race so even if u get DSC you can log back in and spectate at least. Or if in qualy you can rejoin for the race but start last

Thats   ONLY  in open lobbys   99.99999999 % of racing leagues  use private  races ONLY  so you do not get a random Muppet who joins the race and wipes everyone out and in a private race once you have left the race its game over  ... 

oeicoeic said:
JJRosso said:
Invites should remain open for the whole race so even if u get DSC you can log back in and spectate at least. Or if in qualy you can rejoin for the race but start last

Thats   ONLY  in open lobbys   99.99999999 % of racing leagues  use private  races ONLY  so you do not get a random Muppet who joins the race and wipes everyone out and in a private race once you have left the race its game over  ... 

Yeah I know.  That's why I said what I said