Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thrustmaster T80 Wheel Settings (PS4)

Please move if in wrong place

Firstly, yes, the T80 is not a good wheel. Yes it has no FFB and I'm a scrub who should really buy a better wheel. However it has never stopped me being competitive on any other racing game using default settings.

I have been a pad user for the many years I've played the F1 games, but now I'm league racing seriously, it's no longer an option. The tyre wear on the pad sucks with no TC and ABS, so there's no way I can remain competitive in race trim. The solution? To use a wheel. Now I have a Thrustmaster T80 (if you hadn't guessed it) but the default settings on F1 games feel like complete garbage. My brother, another pad user, tried it and had the same problem as me. The wheel feels way too sensitive, and it just feels horrible to drive. (See video's below). However, the wheel is the only way I feel I can start to control my tyre wear, and there is only one short term fix, which is to find some wheel settings that make the wheel good! Problem is I have no idea what any of the settings do or mean (as I've never felt the need to change them before)

If anyone has any wheel settings they can give me, that would be great, because right now the wheel is my only bet of becoming half decent in race trim with no TC and ABS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-JkZ1UukL4

Hello - check out the advanced wheel settings in the in game options. It might be worth adding some dead-zone to your wheel. 

The descriptions of the linearity and saturation are pretty decent so they might help you.

What I do is go into time trial and pick one setting to adjust - I might choose deadzone - and adjust it by 5. Then have a drive. If it's not enough, I'll bump it to 10 and so on. Don't worry about mucking stuff up - just hit reset to default and start again. I do that for each setting - the pedals too. You can eliminate lock ups by having the correct brake settings. I also have a 5 deadzone on my accelerator which allows me to press more aggressively and avoid wheel spin without TC.

I spent hours messing with the settings before I was happy and even now, I still change them depending on the circuit. I have high sensitivity for street circuits for example. 

Have a go at playing around with them - it's the only way you can set it up correctly for you.

Hello - check out the advanced wheel settings in the in game options. It might be worth adding some dead-zone to your wheel. 

The descriptions of the linearity and saturation are pretty decent so they might help you.

What I do is go into time trial and pick one setting to adjust - I might choose deadzone - and adjust it by 5. Then have a drive. If it's not enough, I'll bump it to 10 and so on. Don't worry about mucking stuff up - just hit reset to default and start again. I do that for each setting - the pedals too. You can eliminate lock ups by having the correct brake settings. I also have a 5 deadzone on my accelerator which allows me to press more aggressively and avoid wheel spin without TC.

I spent hours messing with the settings before I was happy and even now, I still change them depending on the circuit. I have high sensitivity for street circuits for example. 

Have a go at playing around with them - it's the only way you can set it up correctly for you.

Thank you :)

I'll start playing around a little later on. I've never have felt the need to muck about with the settings before so hopefully this will solve my problems :)

@Tigerkart2201
I use also T80.

Here are my settings:

Steering linearity : 40
Steering saturation : 1

The rest of the settings : 0

I use this wheel.... it sucks but....
to keep a handle on it I use

deadzone: 2
linerity: 76
saturation:2

go into advanced settings and put the rotation to 180degs

keep in mind the t80 seems to glitch out from time to time to time again and again 
see vid below

https://youtu.be/9lZJ7KgX4fA