Sign in to follow this  

Prediction for 15' release

Hmmm.

I don't think everyone has quite figured it out.

Imagine yourself back in August 2013. What did you know ?

i) F113 was coming out on last gen.

ii) CM were working on a next gen version but not yet ready. We do not know when it will be.

Skip forward to August 14.

i) F114 is coming out on last gen.

ii) CM are working on next gen version but not yet ready. We do not know when it will be.

Nothing has changed. The release of marginal information on 2015 is just smoke and mirrors to try to lessen the impact of the fact that F1 is still on last gen, and will only appear on next gen at some unspecified point in the future.

I think F1 2015 will be ready by about Spain/Monaco time but I don't think they will release it until Silverstone so they can finalise the game and have a big release where people who go to the race can play the game in the paddock

We'll have a  more specific time frame for next-gen F1 once F1 2014 has launched. By the way, we haven't announced an 'F1 2015' next-gen F1 doesn't have a name just yet. ;)

Hatta said:

We'll have a  more specific time frame for next-gen F1 once F1 2014 has launched. By the way, we haven't announced an 'F1 2015' next-gen F1 doesn't have a name just yet. ;)

does this mean you could be including F1 2014 and F1 2015 in 1 game (I won't be surprised if you can't answer that yet because you want to release F1 2014 first)

Hatta said:

does this mean you could be including F1 2014 and F1 2015 in 1 game (I won't be surprised if you can't answer that yet because you want to release F1 2014 first)

We'll have a lot more info on next-gen F1 after F1 2014 launches. ;)

Hatta said:

Hatta said:

Well I'm guessing this means that's likely then.

I'm really interested to see what the new game will be like. The fact you aren't calling it F1 2015 (I'm guessing this is definite) is really interesting and yeah, I wonder what you're planning. Suspense!

Don't see why they'd include 2014 and 2015 in one game. Yes it may not be called 2015 so there might be other cars but....for a season that has already had a game albeit on other formats? Makes no sense.

I'm thinking April.

Check this out..

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/7/16187.html

dirt3joe said:

Hmmm.

I don't think everyone has quite figured it out.

Imagine yourself back in August 2013. What did you know ?

i) F113 was coming out on last gen.

ii) CM were working on a next gen version but not yet ready. We do not know when it will be.

Skip forward to August 14.

i) F114 is coming out on last gen.

ii) CM are working on next gen version but not yet ready. We do not know when it will be.

Nothing has changed. The release of marginal information on 2015 is just smoke and mirrors to try to lessen the impact of the fact that F1 is still on last gen, and will only appear on next gen at some unspecified point in the future.

no we've worked it out we've just stopped caring, it'll get to next gen eventually and complaining about it won't get it there faster, if anything 2014 being last gen is better, think about it if 2014 was next gen we'd still be using the ego engine which not many people like, by making it 2015 they can make a whole new engine and make 2015 a completely better game anyway back onto the actual topic. They said it will be earlier in the season so im gonna imagine hopefully around bahrain maybe no one will know probably till after 2014 release

My guess is they will do what MotoGP did a few years ago, release the game early in the year (MotoGP was released in like January, not expecting it anywhere near that early) and when it is released it will have last years cars, and once the season starts there will be a free add on with that years cars and it will be called F1 2014/15.

What I am hoping for though is that we will get a game with GP2 and GP3 as well, and it will be called Grand Prix 2014 or something like that. Or like Milestone did with their last world superbike game, and we'll have all the cars from all the seasons Codies have worked on F1, so we'd have F1 2010-2015 or something. With the superbike game this transformed the career mode. Being able to start career mode in a car from 2010 (maybe even 09?) and then after one season you'd sign for a team in 2011, having drivers changing teams and car performances changing constantly would be fantastic.

If you had GP2/GP3 or all cars from 2010-2015 integrated into career mode I think I'd pre order without any screenshots/videos.

Hatta said:

Hatta said:

Oooh, if we get to play consecutive real-world seasons with accurate driver changes etc. like we always wanted... As if I wasn't anticipating October enough already!   :D

Now they are saying on Twitter that the next gen game will be released earlier in the season. So could be June, July or August.