F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2016 Old El Paso Gran Premio de Mexico

Juice29 said:
And neither of them received a penalty
Code masters have got the penalty system nailed
Actually, I reckon if the same had happened in F1 2016, Hamilton would have gotten a warning or even a 2 second penalty, and Rosberg would have had a timer come up saying to hand the place back before the timer ran out ;)

Vettel has been entertaining all weekend
This is from Qualifying
Vettel: Are we safe?
Engineer: Yes
Vettel: Can I go for a wee?
:joy:

loooool I love Mad Max

Ricciardo is going to get 3rd, but Max ruined Vettel so hard here

Hmm Vettel, as a professional you need to stay calm, he could've still got Max in the end if he did. Telling the race director to F off is not smart. Yes Max was a dick and get punished, but to then be a bastard towards Ric and possibly get a penalty was stupid, sums up his year really...

Hamilton and Rosberg actually talking to each other, that only means one thing. Grab 2 of every animal and head to the Ark, the end is nigh  :joy:

Well Vettel has been gifted Third when he shouldn't have
massive inconsistency from the stewards I mean Hamilton did exactly the same thing at the start.
Moving on Vettel needs a reprimand for the things he said on the radio unbelievably rude

Juice29 said:
Well Vettel has been gifted Third when he shouldn't have
massive inconsistency from the stewards I mean Hamilton did exactly the same thing at the start.
Moving on Vettel needs a reprimand for the things he said on the radio unbelievably rude
Hamilton effectively lost any advantage when the SC came out anyway so it was hardly worth penalising him.

Hamilton had it at the very first corner with nobody near him, they don't normally punish them for that at the start. So what Max did was very different. But Vettel did move in the braking zone, but Max does it all the time so if you want to talk about consistency....

Disappointing penalty for Verstappen, I honestly don't agree with what any of the pundits or commentators are saying. Vettel wasn't alongside Verstappen, and Verstappen didn't gain any advantage. Stupid penalty.

Even though it was nice to see Vettel on the podium.

How long till Verstappen is announced DOTD?

He was clearly next to him, Max even braked late to stop the move which is why he locked up, and unlike Lewis Max was going slower and had plenty of time to stay on the tarmac.

Hughesy said:
He was clearly next to him, Max even braked late to stop the move which is why he locked up, and unlike Lewis Max was going slower and had plenty of time to stay on the tarmac.

Watch it again, Vettel is nearly half a car length behind Verstappen when they both start braking.

https://my.mixtape.moe/rmjdkw.mp4

Even better, you can see where the distance markers are in this pic, it's within a tenth or 2 of them braking, Vettel is actually nearly a full car length behind.

But that's because he braked later than you can, which again is why he locked up, penalty was clear cut for me.

Hughesy said:
Hamilton had it at the very first corner with nobody near him, they don't normally punish them for that at the start. So what Max did was very different. But Vettel did move in the braking zone, but Max does it all the time so if you want to talk about consistency....
Thing is, if the FIA is going to release a statement saying that they're going to crackdown on defensive moves under breaking and the first chance they get they do nothing with it, it's pretty much making them look like all bark, no bite.

And I'll bet that if it was Verstappen, that he probably would've gotten a penalty for it, because this is basically the Verstappen-rule we're talking about. But it's not exactly a secret that with all the different stewards line-ups, we're dealing with inconsistencies.

Hughesy said:
 But that's because he braked later than you can, which again is why he locked up, penalty was clear cut for me.
Dude they aren't braking yet in the picture I posted :p Vettel never got side by side with him, never even got his front wing past any part of Verstappen's car. And when Verstappen came back onto the track Vettel was actually closer than he had been before. It just doesn't make sense to me to give him a penalty for that.

Disappointing penalty for Verstappen, I honestly don't agree with what any of the pundits or commentators are saying. Vettel wasn't alongside Verstappen, and Verstappen didn't gain any advantage. Stupid penalty.

Even though it was nice to see Vettel on the podium.

How long till Verstappen is announced DOTD?
Missing the point. The reason he went wide was because Vettel was there, and because he had to go to the defensive line and brake late. He kept the position by going off, and also got himself in a better position to exit turn 3 - which is an important point. If he'd actually tried to stay on the road, Vettel would've cut underneath him. Pretty clear cut. 

On a separate point, anyone who says Vettel has lost his passion for this sport though can gtfo. Never heard him that mental before and it was all over a 3rd place. He's called half the grid stupid/idiot this weekend, and had some choice words for the race director. He badly wants to be competing for titles again.