Jump to content Jump to content

Levelling up cars for tuning.. an alternative please!!

@Loore Despite the current problems with the corrupt save file (luckily I have avoided this so far), etc. I still really do think this is a great game and enjoy it immensely. However, my biggest gripe with it is the requirement to level up any car you buy before you get the ability to tune them. I understand the premise that it is to encourage online play, etc. but I just feel that it’s a little misguided and disadvantages anyone that has limited time to play the game online. I am taking part in a Grid Autosport league over on Race Department (http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/x360-autosport-touring-car-championship.32/) but most of my time in the game is spent offline preparing for those races or in the weekly Racenet Challenges which are a lot of fun as well and also a good source of in game money to facilitate the purchase of the cars I need for the league. With limited time to go online and level up my purchased cars it creates a distinct two tier system with drivers who have to run loaned or owned but un-tuned cars while others run owned and fully tuneable cars which are much more fun to drive as you can tune them to suit your own individual style. Would it not have been better to enable people to ‘purchase’ the tuning capability on their car rather than force them to level them up online or else race in a less enjoyable and slower car. Alternatively why not allow running our own cars in offline Custom Cup mode and level them up that way. Is there anyway that something along the lines I mentioned here could be implemented. Not everyone has the time to race the amount of time online that is required to get a fully tuned car.

@Loore Despite the current problems with the corrupt save file (luckily I have avoided this so far), etc. I still really do think this is a great game and enjoy it immensely. However, my biggest gripe with it is the requirement to level up any car you buy before you get the ability to tune them. I understand the premise that it is to encourage online play, etc. but I just feel that it’s a little misguided and disadvantages anyone that has limited time to play the game online. I am taking part in a Grid Autosport league over on Race Department (http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/x360-autosport-touring-car-championship.32/) but most of my time in the game is spent offline preparing for those races or in the weekly Racenet Challenges which are a lot of fun as well and also a good source of in game money to facilitate the purchase of the cars I need for the league. With limited time to go online and level up my purchased cars it creates a distinct two tier system with drivers who have to run loaned or owned but un-tuned cars while others run owned and fully tuneable cars which are much more fun to drive as you can tune them to suit your own individual style. Would it not have been better to enable people to ‘purchase’ the tuning capability on their car rather than force them to level them up online or else race in a less enjoyable and slower car. Alternatively why not allow running our own cars in offline Custom Cup mode and level them up that way. Is there anyway that something along the lines I mentioned here could be implemented. Not everyone has the time to race the amount of time online that is required to get a fully tuned car.

The problem is that if you want to avoid the data file save corrupted you must avoid to upgrade any car, except Golf Hot Hatch, because this will corrupt your flie or looking at the sale prices cars and make a one or two daily cumulative saves.

I think your idea is good as alternative to players wich not so much time to level up a car but for the moment the core of the corruted problem is just there, so when it´ll works properly maybe this ideas colud be done but luckily you are not affected by the corrupted issue basically because you doens´t upgrade car parts or still it doesn´t reach the wrong value point when the file becames corrupted.

Fist of all the big problem must be repair, fix. And save the online progress, wich implies the garage as well, in CM servers and NOT as a local file mixed with the offline data; i can´t believe this way to work with in videogames in 2014, and tha´s the price CM and customers paid: A GREAT problem wich is solved in a day if the data is in its "right place".

Salute.

I have several cars over level 25, and haven't gotten a corruption yet. I can't remember who said it, but someone recommended not making changes to the car at the pre race screen, only in your garage, and it has been working. I noticed with previous saves, that some cars would already have tuning options available for it when it's clearly not high enough of a level to obtain it. I'm not having that problem, and I've been getting lucky this far.
TUSMBOX said:
I have several cars over level 25, and haven't gotten a corruption yet. I can't remember who said it, but someone recommended not making changes to the car at the pre race screen, only in your garage, and it has been working. I noticed with previous saves, that some cars would already have tuning options available for it when it's clearly not high enough of a level to obtain it. I'm not having that problem, and I've been getting lucky this far.

It depends on what cars but many times if changes are done during a race those change will dessapear and it sholud be payed again, anyway the same thing happens if it has been changed in the garage.

I´m managing more than 20 saves games in the "critical" moment before being corrupted, i forced to corrupt making changes, running online or in RaceNet challenge and 95% happens what i expect, at least i have no more corrupted saves but because of a lot time investigating and saving, saving and again saving  XD. (using 4 places, 3 USB and the PSN cloud, and saving in folders all the saves with description of what and when, situation, etc...).

All in all is good to take a look at the price of the cars in your garage, when reaches a high value it´ll became corrupted the game, some cars acts like booster for others, and even when some "overpriced" cars are sold others low down  its unreal value to the correct value, a very ramdomly issue but a great problem as all we know.

For example BMW 320 Touring and Focus Hot Hatch are two of the more "bosster-reacts" to increase its own value and to other cars value; i have had a ton of cars and tried several possibilities. Take care with the value, is the signal that advise for a sure corrupted save. And as a randomly thing is not neccesary to say that this not an exact rule, some people never has a corrupted game, still, even with high upgrades in cars...please take as a possible avoid and sell the unproperly cars but not as a firmly afirmation, it´s only my hours of experience exploiting the garage and trying to figure out why or how works the issue.

Salute.

Yeah that's one option but the tuned cars are much more fun and most of our drivers have the time to get online and level them up its just few of us that don't. 

Even if you had fully upgraded lvl 50+ cars to race with the guys that race all the time have an advantage over those that do not get to play that often. So you will still be at a disadvantage. So tying to level the playing field through the cars is not gonna be the total answer either.

A lot like the Custim Lobbies that folks set up that run 1 lap races on an oval like Indy. Sure they are leveling up their new car fast but when it comes to racing on a road course they are just out to lunch. Heck half of them cannot drive smooth on a oval to start out anyway. 

I have been having fun with Race Net challenges every Tuesday. Just got  free gold membership and went on-line to try out the MP. I used to love playing TOCA MP,  tuning was free, no upgrades made for a very even playing feild. GAS unfortunately is so messed up there's no fun. I have no desire or time to grind through the career that this game requires. It's almost like Codies doesn't want the game to be a success. I will continue playing race net every Tuesday as I really enjoy it but  MP is a bust and big let down for me.

i come from the view that the quickest drivers should earn the most xp.  granted, there will be people who will win races who can't clock a good time on racenet and there will be people who understand the track and car setups who clock quality racenet times -- but are bad racers -- it's a convo for the pub.

overall, i reckon the quickest drivers should earn the most xp or money -- how you define that is subjective.

when in doubt -- buckle up -- lets race baby!
DLT222 said:
i come from the view that the quickest drivers should earn the most xp.  granted, there will be people who will win races who can't clock a good time on racenet and there will be people who understand the track and car setups who clock quality racenet times -- but are bad racers -- it's a convo for the pub.

overall, i reckon the quickest drivers should earn the most xp or money -- how you define that is subjective.

when in doubt -- buckle up -- lets race baby!
I don't disagree with that at all. My gripe is not about quick drivers or any such thing just that the tuning should not be tied into how often you can get online to race. Some of us are limited in that respect so lose out on the ability to tune our cars and get the most out of the online game. Tuning should either be open to all or at the very least be something you can purchase with in game cash which is easily obtained from the Racenet Challenges.