Sign in to follow this  

A lot of questions.... Here are the answers

no its an electric charge stored in a battery thats sent to the engine to increase power, it harvests from the engine braking and the turbo i think. im not 100% sure thats correct but thats how i understand it

I know it's not an engine and I'm pretty sure you're correct in what you're saying , but it instead of it being like an overtake button , it's part of the power unit. (I described pretty badly , I know.)

MUZZARIOL said:

@Hatta‌ 

Are Codemasters looking to implement a FOM HUD and/or present the game like an FOM broadcast much in the same way MotoGP and FIFA do? Personally I feel it would be a much more authentic experience if this was done.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response at your earliest convenience.

on 2014 I doubt it given it's using the ego engine they'll probably be mostly keeping things as they are with the exception of the new handling and rules. With regards next gen F1 it's possible however I wouldn't count on it.

sjsharp2010 said:

MUZZARIOL said:

@Hatta‌ 

Are Codemasters looking to implement a FOM HUD and/or present the game like an FOM broadcast much in the same way MotoGP and FIFA do? Personally I feel it would be a much more authentic experience if this was done.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response at your earliest convenience.

on 2014 I doubt it given it's using the ego engine they'll probably be mostly keeping things as they are with the exception of the new handling and rules. With regards next gen F1 it's possible however I wouldn't count on it.

Yeah Id have to agree with that, however I hope and pray Codemasters decide to go down that path for next gen. Hopefully @Hatta‌ can shed some light of this!

I am curious to know what the interface of F1 2015 will entale, think this is very important to the game, seem's as if though they have already taken a leaf out of Fifa with the in season updates which is good. I hope we will see the return of rival's mode where you can race your team-mate or another driver from another team with a friend on split-screen and online. The other mode I missed from I think it is f1 2010 where you had the hot lap shoot-out where you take it in turn's to set fast lap's and slowest one round get's eliminated.

I am sure Codemaster's have lot's of fresh new and innovative idea's which I am looking forward to seeing.

@Hatta‌ 

Regarding the next gen title, will this feature co-op mode ? - nothing was mentioned about this gamemode in the reveal... it's a pretty big deal for me as i nearly spent all my time in F1 2012 playing this gamemode with a friend... really want to catch up on that in the new game..

If co-op is in the plans, will you make improvements vs. earlier titles ? I really miss an option to see in depth statistics on previous races, personal best lap times, option for racing on different teams, more than 2 player, option to play continous seasons with stats carry over from each season

Im really exited to the next gen title, I think you made a wise decision doing it this way... and building the new game from scratch, with only nextgen priorities.

MUZZARIOL said:

sjsharp2010 said:

MUZZARIOL said:

@Hatta‌ 

Yeah Id have to agree with that, however I hope and pray Codemasters decide to go down that path for next gen. Hopefully @Hatta‌ can shed some light of this!

Well @Hatta has said he can't really talk about the next gen F1 until the 2014 game is out of the way first which means waiting till October so I'm thinking we'll have to just take his word on that.

Daugaard said:

@Hatta‌ 

Regarding the next gen title, will this feature co-op mode ? - nothing was mentioned about this gamemode in the reveal... it's a pretty big deal for me as i nearly spent all my time in F1 2012 playing this gamemode with a friend... really want to catch up on that in the new game..

If co-op is in the plans, will you make improvements vs. earlier titles ? I really miss an option to see in depth statistics on previous races, personal best lap times, option for racing on different teams, more than 2 player, option to play continous seasons with stats carry over from each season

Im really exited to the next gen title, I think you made a wise decision doing it this way... and building the new game from scratch, with only nextgen priorities.

Good point, the stats that carry over season to season would be great in Career mode as well. It sort of feels like you're racing in vein at times because you cant look back and analyse your season and compare yourself to the opposition. I used to love the season results table in Geoff Crammond's GP2 cause you could disect how consistent you were througout the season compared to your rivals..

Hopefully codies include something like this in future games, should be incredibly easy to implement and would be well received i think

Will we be able to customize the ERS, say when to deliever the extra power in the setup? 

A question and an idea for next gen f1; We all want custom helmets so instead of putting it into the game, allow people to mod it cos the xbox 1 has mod support dont think ps4 has (LOL) and players could buy them helmets for like 69p (1$) just an idea

A question and an idea for next gen f1; We all want custom helmets so instead of putting it into the game, allow people to mod it cos the xbox 1 has mod support dont think ps4 has (LOL) and players could buy them helmets for like 69p (1$) just an idea

Think this is a must for 2015 I knew I had forgotten to right something down in my previous comment. Either A helmet editor section which will make it a very personal experience for you when playing the game or a large selection of community designed helmet's which are selected and imported into the game in the monthly updates to keep it fresh!

@Hatta, you said earlier that you have a hotlap video being prepared and that it should be up in about two weeks. 

I obviously have no idea what processes you have to take when making these sorts of videos, and I'm not sure how much depth you can go into, but can you briefly explain what these processes are and why they take this amount of time? 

I guess there is video editing to be done, and then do the videos have to be verified by various people, such as FOM, and also your internal guys? Do you aim to upload videos as soon as you can, or do you have set schedules which you have to stick to?

I'm just interested!

REFINED HANDLING The enhanced game physics combined with refined handling via gamepads delivers a more authentic and accessible driving experience for all players.

What is authentic about using a gampad to drive with?

And here’s the recommended:

• OS: Windows Vista 64 bit, Windows 7 64 bit or Windows 8 64 bit

So the game is 64 bit?

REFINED HANDLING The enhanced game physics combined with refined handling via gamepads delivers a more authentic and accessible driving experience for all players.

More is the key word here. It ain't authentic. But it should be more authentic than before.

More is the key word here. It ain't authentic. But it should be more authentic than before.

It's a pad not a wheel.

It's a pad not a wheel.

Yes, but it can still be more authentic than it was before. I'm not saying it is like driving a real car, no. But it should be atleast a bit more like it if it is more authentic. Like how the car reacts and such.

It's a pad not a wheel.

Yes, but it can still be more authentic than it was before. I'm not saying it is like driving a real car, no. But it should be atleast a bit more like it if it is more authentic. Like how the car reacts and such.

Your not getting it.

I'm still waiting on an answer to physical copies being available here in the States.

So I'd be willing to bet that Career for 2014won't have anything new, won't have press stuff or anything like that.The only thing that will be talked about will be the crap options for shorter seasons. I mean if you're doing a career, you want something like the real thing. But 7 or 12-race seasons? Sigh. I can hope for 2015 at least.

A couple of questions:
Will there be customised driver numbers? 
And, Will the mid-race save be back. I hope so- it allows people like me to have a full race in 2/3 different segments.

@Hatta What's it like using ERS? 33 seconds is a huuuuge proportion of a lap. Is it easy to forget to use it all? I often forgot about using all of my KERS, and that only lastest 6/7 seconds! 

ERS doesn't work like KERS. You don't have to push any buttons for it  to work. I's almost like a second engine. (At least that's the way I understand it.)

could you imagine is ERS only work off a button hahaha imagine trying to do monaco with the ERS button pushed for literally half the lap :')

I think what a lot of people are missing is that if 2014 went to next gen thered be no point, it'd still be using the ego engine which not many people like haha but with a new one theres extreme amount of new possibilities, also when 2013 was released codies already said they had just about maxed the current consoles even graphics wise hence why theres not a large jump between 2013 and 2014 so by using 2014 as a filler due to it not need as much work due to not being able to add much more to the game cause of maximum restrictions on the consoles they can concentrate on the next gen game more and put a lot more effort into it therefore the first next gen F1 game should be much better then if they had just ported the game, instead we have a whole new engine and a new platform and the game release is early in the season, 2015 should be quite a good game if codies work hard on it which i'm sure they will

It's a pad not a wheel.

Your not getting it.

No, he's getting it perfectly. But he's accepting the fact that not everyone has the opportunity to play with a wheel. At the end of the day a racing wheel an pedals are just a glorified controller. But they can try to improve the experience for those with a pad

No, he's getting it perfectly. But he's accepting the fact that not everyone has the opportunity to play with a wheel. At the end of the day a racing wheel an pedals are just a glorified controller. But they can try to improve the experience for those with a pad

Hahaha a glorified controller, sorry I found that funny :') honestly though pad or wheel who gives a damn what you race with in theory yes a wheel should be faster so obviously I'm going to have complaints that if 2014 has followed in the bad footsteps of inserting aids to make controllers faster, however if they're just as fast and no more then theres nothing to complain about.

Morning everyone. Just to let you know, the effects of ERS are delivered automatically in F1 2014, there's no "boost button." Also, I see there's a lot of questions regarding the NA physical disk launch of F1 2014. I want to say a big yes to this, however I want to check for sure on Monday. I'll see if I can get a concrete answer for you.