Sign in to follow this  

A lot of questions.... Here are the answers

Do you know if there are any plans in the future to make the PC version Linux or steambox os compatible?

Dez0808 said:

Do you know if there are any plans in the future to make the PC version Linux or steambox os compatible?

I'm not aware of any right now. 

Hatta said:
Morning everyone. Just to let you know, the effects of ERS are delivered automatically in F1 2014, there's no "boost button." Also, I see there's a lot of questions regarding the NA physical disk launch of F1 2014. I want to say a big yes to this, however I want to check for sure on Monday. I'll see if I can get a concrete answer for you.

Will FP1 and FP2 be included this year? Apart from anything else, doing R&D in FP3 makes no sense. Also what's going to happen with brake bias this year? Are we keeping it the same as last year and ignoring the BBW?

JJRosso said:
Would you make more money releasing hard copy games or by calling next gen F1 'F1' and just releasing DLC you have to pay for? Could we perhaps just DLC 2016 season updates etc or is that too hard?

Trust me, if you were codemasters that would be one of the stupidest things to do from a pr and company standpoint.

Is online actually going to work properly for once? I mean, are lag sync issues fixed yet and what kind of game-breaking bug is in the launch version this time before it finally gets patched in May 2015 after F1 2015 is released?

These so called 'headline features' indicate to me that CM clearly don't care about the more serious F1 fan and instead trying to appeal to people who clearly don't care and I fully expect to get shafted once again for yet another year (I'm actually expecting some kind of announcement that F1 2015 is delayed as well, come on guys don't let me down)!

And based on the first trailer, I would actually go as far to say that F1 2013 is a more polished version of F1 2014, in terms of looks, features and content.

"REFINED CAREER MODE Play through a full Formula One season or choose from shorter seasons, including 7 race and 12 race options."

Am I the only one who reads this as: "Career mode lenght is only one full season"?

Also I would like to know if custom event/quick race mode (basically the ability to do a full season with a real driver) exist in offline. Would be pretty strange if they removed it again like in 2012 before bringing it back for 2013.

TL77 said:

"REFINED CAREER MODE Play through a full Formula One season or choose from shorter seasons, including 7 race and 12 race options."

Am I the only one who reads this as: "Career mode lenght is only one full season"?

Also I would like to know if custom event/quick race mode (basically the ability to do a full season with a real driver) exist in offline. Would be pretty strange if they removed it again like in 2012 before bringing it back for 2013.

it would be a bit weird only being a single season I think and im hoping it's just poor wording if you see they've tried to get around it in the short 'SEASONS' bit so i think they just mean you can run multiple full seasons or run multiple 7 race seasons or multiple 12 race seasons.

my question would be how many seasons is the career mode? is it still the 5? and can you pick what races you do in the shorter seasons?

Kptk92 said:

Is online actually going to work properly for once? I mean, are lag sync issues fixed yet

yeah the lag is ridiculous so many incidents caused by lag in leagues

following on from that here's some of my questions:

Has the collision system being improved(side-pod glitch ruined 2013)?

Has the penalty system been refined?(harsher corner cuts and can it determine which person was at fault in a crash(its terrible currently)

Has the run off system been improved? its a joke if you go a bit wide or take avoiding action that it locks your wheels up(2010 was perfect as you lost grip as you went wide)

Has the auto retire qualil bug been fixed?

Have put custom championships back into multiplayer like in f1 2011?

Has the setup system been improved as no matter what you change on f1 2013 the car feels pretty much the same?

i noticed how f12010-14 trailers look the same so can we expect the f1 2014 graphics to look like grid autosport?

I wonder if in career mode you get to choose your own number like the drivers did this season or do you just have to go with the number of the driver you're replacing (number 77 if you replaced Bottas or number 44 if you replaced Hamilton).

in the new motogp game you choose a number thats available and uses that on any bike you choose to ride with your custom rider setting, hope they can do the same with F1.

Assuming that fuel management is going to be controlled by the game & not us, have you done away with the so-called "Quick" menu and replaced it with one-touch options?

Hatta said:

Because of next gen F1's early release, does that mean every game in the coming years will be released earlier

It's certainly the plan. Our entry into next-gen is the perfect time to switch our launch pattern to an earlier release.

That good

Will the new penalty system be in the game? Do we get penalty points now for breaking the rules and eventually have to sit out a race once the cap hits 12 or will you guys keep the old penalty system?

In career mode is the option for shorter seasons the only refinement or have you made other changes to career?

I think what they've actually done is asked the community what they want and ignored it all. Leagues keep the game alive over time and nothing has been added to benefit them such as online practice which would be so simple to add, I'm sure the FPS bug will still be there too. Bug masters yet again focusing on casuals who play for a few weeks with an aid pad then forget it rather than the leagues who play it a lot, I bet controllers are even faster than they are in 2013 too. 

is it the camera replay have been reworked in F1 2014 ?,so  we can save the replay,the ability to change camera to the other driver,  and more like tv experience,have the ability to change to the other drivers gives more cinematic moment, so we can see what can cause the safety car or overtake moment,please answer this post,please2

Also, will the next gen F1 updates be free?

No they will introduce a subscription service.

It will be free otherwise you'll just be paying for an inferior version of the past 4 years that carried the same features that would go out in the "paid DLC".

Also can't tell if sarcastic. 

Hatta said:

Hatta said:

We'll have a  more specific time frame for next-gen F1 once F1 2014 has launched. By the way, we haven't announced an 'F1 2015' next-gen F1 doesn't have a name just yet. ;)

does this mean you could be including F1 2014 and F1 2015 in 1 game (I won't be surprised if you can't answer that yet because you want to release F1 2014 first)

We'll have a lot more info on next-gen F1 after F1 2014 launches. ;)

Well I'm guessing this means that's likely then.

I'm really interested to see what the new game will be like. The fact you aren't calling it F1 2015 (I'm guessing this is definite) is really interesting and yeah, I wonder what you're planning. Suspense!

I personally like the suspense. I like the idea of not knowing much because it encourages you to buy the game so you can see for yourself. I would still get the game if they had told me all the new game features. People keep complaining about the lack of news but Codemasters have already stated they will release more info after the release of F1 2014 (October 17th). Most of the people that are complaing (assuming) are grown men. I'm 14. I don't give a monkeys if Codemasters tell me that the live the life menu is back or they have implemented formation and cool down laps with podium ceremonies. I want to buy the game and explore it for myself so I can enjoy the new features without sitting there waiting for the podium ceremony.

It's going to be a subscription to get 2015 updates, they want to get as much money as they can and console kiddies love it