Sign in to follow this  

A lot of questions.... Here are the answers

I'm sorry to see that the telemetry option will not be implemented in the game. That's a huge miss in my opinion. This option was the main reason why the game Grand Prix 4 was so popular and still is for many players.

I would like to read Hatta's opinion on that matter please...

Bobino12 said:

I'm sorry to see that the telemetry option will not be implemented in the game. That's a huge miss in my opinion. This option was the main reason why the game Grand Prix 4 was so popular and still is for many players.

I would like to read Hatta's opinion on that matter please...

You can download a telemetry apps anyways for PC, if you have a console then it's your own fault

Is there any possibility that you could get driver's helmets look same on track as in short videos after sessions, with air deflectors on the rear part of the helmet? I've noticed that in F1 2013 all of the helmets looks the same, circular "old style" helmets in replays, on grid line, etc.. Helmets look really cool in those short videos after the sessions, can they look like same helmet in the cars too? Is it possible to add even some kind of air deflectors on the helmets?

Hatta said:

Hatta said:

We'll have a  more specific time frame for next-gen F1 once F1 2014 has launched. By the way, we haven't announced an 'F1 2015' next-gen F1 doesn't have a name just yet. ;)

does this mean you could be including F1 2014 and F1 2015 in 1 game (I won't be surprised if you can't answer that yet because you want to release F1 2014 first)

We'll have a lot more info on next-gen F1 after F1 2014 launches. ;)

Well I'm guessing this means that's likely then.

I'm really interested to see what the new game will be like. The fact you aren't calling it F1 2015 (I'm guessing this is definite) is really interesting and yeah, I wonder what you're planning. Suspense!

I personally like the suspense. I like the idea of not knowing much because it encourages you to buy the game so you can see for yourself. I would still get the game if they had told me all the new game features. People keep complaining about the lack of news but Codemasters have already stated they will release more info after the release of F1 2014 (October 17th). Most of the people that are complaing (assuming) are grown men. I'm 14. I don't give a monkeys if Codemasters tell me that the live the life menu is back or they have implemented formation and cool down laps with podium ceremonies. I want to buy the game and explore it for myself so I can enjoy the new features without sitting there waiting for the podium ceremony.

I'm not assed about 2015, I want to no how much copy and paste is in 2014,, 

Hey Hennogarvie...

I want Telemetry implemented in the game and not coming from outside applications. At this point, you comment is not usefull.

Telemetry is the best way to improve your driving skills in the game because you can see per example, where in a curve you should keep the throtlle on or off to improve your time. There's many other reasons why telemetry is essential but I won't explain it in this blog.

Bobino12 said:

Hey Hennogarvie...

I want Telemetry implemented in the game and not coming from outside applications. At this point, you comment is not usefull.

Telemetry is the best way to improve your driving skills in the game because you can see per example, where in a curve you should keep the throtlle on or off to improve your time. There's many other reasons why telemetry is essential but I won't explain it in this blog.

I don't see it being implemented into 2014 somehow given it's going to be a carbon copy of 2013 for the most part aside from the difficulty adjustments and shorter career seasons I don't expect much to change. The next gen game onwards however area different story but I wouldn't hold out much hope of it being in 2014. The next gen F1 seems to be where CM's attention is right at the moment.

It is useful, every user on pc can have telemetry so it's your own fault for buying a console, codemasters are never going to do it, it doesn't appeal to their audience of casual gamers. After having used telemetry I find it's not too helpful, sure you can see where you are slow but it will only make up a tenth or so on a good lap.

It also doesn't  tell you when to put the throttle on either, it shows you your past laps, so it doesn't show you how to go faster it just shows how you did it best.

It is useful, every user on pc can have telemetry so it's your own fault for buying a console, codemasters are never going to do it, it doesn't appeal to their audience of casual gamers. After having used telemetry I find it's not too helpful, sure you can see where you are slow but it will only make up a tenth or so on a good lap.

It also doesn't  tell you when to put the throttle on either, it shows you your past laps, so it doesn't show you how to go faster it just shows how you did it best.

And THIS is what gives PC gamers a bad reputation. How is it their fault ? Maybe they don't like PC gaming and would prefer a console experience. Don't try and look down on people just for using a console instead of a PC.

And THIS is what gives PC gamers a bad reputation. How is it their fault ? Maybe they don't like PC gaming and would prefer a console experience. Don't try and look down on people just for using a console instead of a PC.

And to get a Xbox 360 or PS3 for 3x less than a good PC, with the same graphics is insane? I think not!

ok one important question after five pages full of laughable concerns

Will F1 2015 feature dedicated servers at long last?

Hi Hatta!

I'm curious if all Practice & Qualifying sessions will be in F1 2014? As well as the identical duration for each session equivalent to the 2014 Season?

I agree plus it's not as if it couldn't be done on console even the PS3 and 360 could have probably been implemented to do it. It's just that CM and other companies have chosen not too. Let's not forget it's been done already on the Grand Prix setries of games that Geoff Crammond made with far less advanced hardware than what's available now. Besides normally just watching the replay afterwards or when I've made the mistake I normally know I've screwed up I don't normally need the telemetry to tell me.

And to get a Xbox 360 or PS3 for 3x less than a good PC, with the same graphics is insane? I think not!

They have slightly better graphics on PC and much better graphics when you re skin the game from the modding community, for this game you have to spend about £300 on a PC and it'll play most games. It would even play F1 at 60FPS. Anyways yeah just saying telemetry is out there and it's never going to be in the actual game, nothing we ask for will be, we need a new dev for that.

Hi Hatta!

I'm curious if all Practice & Qualifying sessions will be in F1 2014? As well as the identical duration for each session equivalent to the 2014 Season?

It's been confirmed that there will be just one practice session, I believe of 60 minutes in length. There will also be all three Qualifying segments too, as it has been for all the previous games.

Hatta said:

We are making a next gen game! And most importantly we’re writing a brand new engine to go with it. The entire game experience is being re-engineered from the ground up and that’s why it wasn’t possible to release this year. Rest assured though, in addition to improvements in the physics, AI, and graphics, the game will launch much earlier in the Formula One season, and will then go onto receive a number of digital updates throughout the year! 

Nice! Keeping fingers crossed from now on if you will do a step in right direction?! Don't get me wrong, i would never judge one of your last F1 Games regarding Single Player, i've never really played it! But if you guys will mess up the MP again and again, 15 will be my last F1 Game deved by CM for the rest of my life! You may got me back, even tend to buy 14 if it's at a lower price ;-)

You guys need to stop worrying about it. Just wait and buy it and check it out for yourself. I'm only 14 and i have read this blog once. The game sounds really good cant wait to buy it and check it out for myself

I'm playing on PC exclusively.

Telemetry is far more usefull than you imagine. You can find the right braking point and all informations guiding you to achieve better laps. People who played Grand Prix 4 would certainly agree. I'm sorry to read on this forum that telemetry is useless. I'm a purist and I like to get the tools F1 drivers have to improve their driving.

Bobino12 said:

I'm playing on PC exclusively.

Telemetry is far more usefull than you imagine. You can find the right braking point and all informations guiding you to achieve better laps. People who played Grand Prix 4 would certainly agree. I'm sorry to read on this forum that telemetry is useless. I'm a purist and I like to get the tools F1 drivers have to improve their driving.

Yeah I used it, didn't make much difference for me, how could it show you the braking point? all it shows is where you brake, just got out there and did the laps, I only play online though so it may be different if you play career.

I think the best option for us would be to stick to GP4, none of these kid friendly watered down travestys will ever live up to the gradure that is Geoff Crammonds Grand Prix series..

BERNIE IF YOU KNOW WHATS GOOD FOR YOU GIVE THE LICENSE TO GEOFF CRAMMOND

MUZZARIOL said:

They don't "give" the licence to anyone. They charge millions of dollars for it, which I very much doubt Geoff Crammond has burning a hole in his pocket even if he wanted it.

MUZZARIOL said:

They don't "give" the licence to anyone. They charge millions of dollars for it, which I very much doubt Geoff Crammond has burning a hole in his pocket even if he wanted it.

I doubt Codemasters are paying "millions" of dollars for the F1 license, If it was worth that much to them they wouldnt be putting in such a piss poor effort to honour said license

MUZZARIOL said:
MUZZARIOL said:

I doubt Codemasters are paying "millions" of dollars for the F1 license, If it was worth that much to them they wouldnt be putting in such a piss poor effort to honour said license

They definitely do pay millions for it, though I don't remember the exact figure that was bandied around. This was discussed on the old forums at one point when it came up in some article somewhere IIRC.

BradKaye said:

You guys need to stop worrying about it. Just wait and buy it and check it out for yourself. I'm only 14 and i have read this blog once. The game sounds really good cant wait to buy it and check it out for myself

Same, can't see what people keep complaining about