Sign in to follow this  

A lot of questions.... Here are the answers

MUZZARIOL said:

@Hatta‌ 

Are codemasters looking to implement an FOM hud for future titles?

I know I'm not Hatta, but I think I can hazard a pretty good guess at this answer. I would say the answer will probably be no. They've had five years to get the official FOM graphics in the games, and every year they've chosen their own. I think this is probably because their own one can be tailored to how they want it, and I don't know, maybe they don't have as much freedom if they used the one you see on TV.

MUZZARIOL said:

@Hatta‌ 

I know I'm not Hatta, but I think I can hazard a pretty good guess at this answer. I would say the answer will probably be no. They've had five years to get the official FOM graphics in the games, and every year they've chosen their own. I think this is probably because their own one can be tailored to how they want it, and I don't know, maybe they don't have as much freedom if they used the one you see on TV.

I don't think they're allowed to use the FOM graphics.

Araqiel said:
MUZZARIOL said:

@Hatta‌ 

I've never seen anyone from CM ever say that or even hint at it. Like most things that they are apparently not allowed to use.

APR193 said:
Araqiel said:
MUZZARIOL said:

@Hatta‌ 

I've never seen anyone from CM ever say that or even hint at it. Like most things that they are apparently not allowed to use.

I remember reading a while back that they're not allowed to use FOM graphics because the FIA or FOM didn't want in game graphics to be confused with TV footage of real races. I don't know why that would be a problem, but I remember seeing that somewhere.

Awong124 said:
APR193 said:
Araqiel said:
MUZZARIOL said:

@Hatta‌ 

I remember reading a while back that they're not allowed to use FOM graphics because the FIA or FOM didn't want in game graphics to be confused with TV footage of real races. I don't know why that would be a problem, but I remember seeing that somewhere.

I remember Codies saying previously that they choose not to use it so they can implement a degree of creative license with their own HUD. No one seems to know the real reason and Codemasters have never come clean with a definitive explanation. 

As this is a feature that would be welcome by the vast majority of their consumers I feel compelled to call out @Hatta‌ to clear up all the myths and misconceptions regarding this matter

MUZZARIOL said:
As this is a feature that would be welcome by the vast majority of their consumers I feel compelled to call out @Hatta‌ to clear up all the myths and misconceptions regarding this matter

FWIW, personally I always find the official graphics rather confusing, and I certainly wouldn't want to be trying to interpret them while driving.

It's probably because the FOM graphics would be too cluttered on a game. I know for a fact I would personally hate having that rev counter graphic on the screen blocking the next corner. The one they have in game at the moment is much neater.

It's probably because the FOM graphics would be too cluttered on a game. I know for a fact I would personally hate having that rev counter graphic on the screen blocking the next corner. The one they have in game at the moment is much neater.

Thats why they give you options to turn certain elements of the HUD off. 

I too remember reading that Codies couldn't use the FOM graphic due to licensing.  I'd like to see it, especially for replays, but mainly for authenticity.

Indeed, but in my particular example I personally (amongst many others I'm sure) like having a rev meter to use as a guide of when to change up a gear. If I have to turn that off because it's too unsightly then what?

MUZZARIOL said:

FWIW, personally I always find the official graphics rather confusing, and I certainly wouldn't want to be trying to interpret them while driving.

I turn off as much of the HUD as I can get away with anyway - if we could have a lap delta (one that updates every couple of seconds like the real F1 drivers use would be excellent, but at least sector splits) and a lap count on the wheel I wouldn't use it at all.

OGFedfan said:

I too remember reading that Codies couldn't use the FOM graphic due to licensing.  I'd like to see it, especially for replays, but mainly for authenticity.

We need answers from Codemasters. Everyone has heard different things and its about time @Hatta‌ Or some other C

OdastersMUZZARIOL said:

OGFedfan said:

We need answers from Codemasters. Everyone has heard different things and its about time @Hatta‌ Or some other C

odemasters representative come clean and straighten out all this. @Hatta‌ are Codies looking at a FOM hud? 

MUZZARIOL said:

@Hatta‌ are Codies looking at a FOM hud? 

<stock-cm-answer> "Not at this time but I'll let you know if that changes." </stock-cm-answer>

We've approached FOM about this before. It's not possible right now.

Hatta said:
MUZZARIOL said:

<stock-cm-answer> "Not at this time but I'll let you know if that changes." </stock-cm-answer>

Thank you for the response @Hatta‌ , appreciated. So to confirm, FOM will not give the green light for this to go ahead? Or if by "right now" you are implying its not happening on old gen 2014 with out saying in as many words that it will be featured in "2015" current gen's game?

Thankyou

Hatta said:
MUZZARIOL said:

Erm,yeh,ok,so tell us why,stop the bs!

fil140 said:
Hatta said:
MUZZARIOL said:

This seems to be the closest guarded secret regarding the world of F1 over the last few years.. Its not as if Bernie's holding them at knifepoint ready to start slitting throats if they tell us the secret of the hud

@Hatta , I love the unlimited flashbacks in G:AS, since I'm not the best racing driver (I make quite a lot of mistakes), but I do enjoy long races. My question is: will F1 2014 also have an option for unlimited flashbacks? In the 2012 and 2013 games I played the 25% distance, because I made too many mistakes to be able to races a longer distance without using all my flashbacks.

Also, the tyre management system of F1 2013 was pretty bad, since the AI wasn't bothered by this, and this really ruined the idea of strategic racing to me. Is this fixed in 2014? And if yes, how? By decreasing the impact of tyre management, or ensuring that the AI has to deal with the same problems as you? I think the Endurance mode of G:AS did this very well; you noticed that the drivers who kept pushing really struggled near the end of the race.

P.S.: if somebody else knows the answers to my questions, please respond :smile: 

fil140 said:
Hatta said:
MUZZARIOL said:

What BS?

We've asked in the past, and it wasn't possible - that's all I know. I wasn't involved in the discussion.

@Hatta , I love the unlimited flashbacks in G:AS, since I'm not the best racing driver (I make quite a lot of mistakes), but I do enjoy long races. My question is: will F1 2014 also have an option for unlimited flashbacks? In the 2012 and 2013 games I played the 25% distance, because I made too many mistakes to be able to races a longer distance without using all my flashbacks.

Also, the tyre management system of F1 2013 was pretty bad, since the AI wasn't bothered by this, and this really ruined the idea of strategic racing to me. Is this fixed in 2014? And if yes, how? By decreasing the impact of tyre management, or ensuring that the AI has to deal with the same problems as you? I think the Endurance mode of G:AS did this very well; you noticed that the drivers who kept pushing really struggled near the end of the race.

P.S.: if somebody else knows the answers to my questions, please respond :smile: 

Tyres won't be that bad this time they were like that last year in an attempt to mimic the season the Pirelli's this year aren't anything like that thank goodness. I think the fact was the Ai was not affected by these issues like the player was and the fact the AI were generally harder and faster increased that impact too. Given the general difficulty has been looked at and the tyres are harder wearing I don't think this'll be a problem in 2014. It'll be more trying to figure out how to get the most out of the new power units.

I'm getting the feeling it might be copy and paste from F1 2013 and every year I get more frustrated but curiosity win's in the end so I will proberly buy it. The smallest thing could make a big difference formation lap a bit more safety car, stewards intervening with a red flag, lapped cars allowed to overtake in a safety car period, in multiplayer, With pre season testing in career

Hatta said:

fil140 said:
Hatta said:
MUZZARIOL said:

What BS?

We've asked in the past, and it wasn't possible - that's all I know. I wasn't involved in the discussion.

@hatta,The bs refers to the fact that we ask uou straight questions and we mever get straight answers,not even to smallest of points that we raise, have the answers,but they sit on anything that they no we wont like,right up until the last minute,they use you to drip feed us bs!