Sign in to follow this  

vBulletin nostalgia thread

mike96 said:
MBKF1 said:

Is PlanetF1 still going? I never got involved in the trolling, but that was pretty funny ahah. Why did it happen again?
Hmm, to be honest I don't really remember... Maybe the others who took part in it can help? @Mexicola ? I think @Matthew77258 was involved as well? I remember making that thread about Karthikeyan being the best driver in F1, that OP photo was hilarious! :D

Oh God I remember that. I think we got involved because the mods there banned TJ (FernandoAlonso) and a few others. I think we made an offical thread and everything, but some mod (can't remember the name, wasn't Syn or Platy) locked the thread and threatened to ban everyone if it continued. 

Right, memories. 

I joined on the 8th of October 2011 (I remember this clearly because it was a Bathurst weekend), which means I just passed my 5 years on this place (I was 15 when I joined...dear God...).The first people that I really talked to outside of the actual F1 game chat was Schumacher_5 and Rohan. I think they got banned multiple times, especially Schumacher for just generally being a dick.

The ferr@ri drama was honestly one of the weirdest things I've ever experienced on the internet. It started off with his girlfriend dying (I think her name was Fiona?), and everyone putting R.I.P Fiona in their signatures as a mark of respect. And then like a few months later some guy on ferr@ri's account claimed that 'ferr@ri' had died and this was the last site he visited. Then Killer37 (who was a dick, but one of those smart dicks that always seemed to have a valid point) kinda called him out for BS. I, being the overly excited 15/16 year old then just searched 'Fiona Tattoo' into Google and found the exact same tattoo that ferr@ri claimed to have had tattooed onto him as a mark of remembrance for his Girlfriend. I also found his twitter, which showed that he had tweeted, even after his 'apparent' death. I remember him being a pretty normal forum member before all of this drama, so either he was one dedicated troll or he was just bored of the place and wanted to go out with a bang.

I can honestly say, I've only ever felt actually kinda uneasy once on this forum, and that was when Rohan wrote a whole story about myself and 'Fez @RevolvingPrawn getting married. I know I showed it to my friends, and everyone being kinda worried/confused about what this website was all about, and why I was on it. I know I took a screenshot of the story...I'll try to find it on my old laptop.

Another great memory was myself,  Matt B (@MBKF1) and Mike (@Mike96) starting our own racing league, which was kinda successful for the one year or so it existed! I don't think I actually did one race in the league due to time zones, but nonetheless it was fun while it lasted! 

I think what I miss the most though was just how active the place was. I'd go to bed and I'd wake up with 50+ new comments to read in the stuff thread alone, + 100s more in other threads, and now the place is dead. These forums are still pretty average, and I only come on here once every week or so (I think this is my first post since July).

Met some pretty awesome people on here (well, not in real life, but you know what I mean), and although I'm not 100% sure you're all real people, and not a bunch of stalkers who are coming to kill me, I must admit I've had some memorable times on here. 

EDIT: Oh how could I forget the great @Lukedfrt, or affectionally known as Luek, because he cannot spell. :') 

I think you hit the nail on the head with Killer. 'A smart dick that always seemed to have a valid point'. From a personal point of view, we always seemed to disagree over stuff, but looking back he was probably right, maybe the way he disagreed with me sometimes was a bit OTT. He was a good dude though.

When I go back home from uni next I'll go through the computer and try and find some old images I posted on the old forums, I must have a few.

I really miss VRL actually. It took up so much of my time organising it all, and I am 99% sure my exam results suffered because of it, but I loved all of it. We had the odd scandal over there too (remember the infamous ZigZag guys...and Jezza's involvement? Even though that pissed me off massively, in retrospect I can see what he was trying to do, it's just the way he did it which annoyed me. Despite all that though, he actually remains to this day one of my very best mates).

It's a real shame it's all over, and it seemed to all end so quickly. I remember saying I was gonna step back on running everything, and Jack was meant to take over all that, but it kinda just never happened, and eventually it all just stopped. I still post on the forum once every couple of months, just so we don't lost everything that's there (I think there's over 40,000 posts).

Part of me would like to have another crack at running something like that, make it more professional and do things differently, but I know I can't realistically put the time and effort in, and there's so many leagues out there doing well, it'd be hard to really get it out there.

The best thing about joining this forum was meeting @RevolvingPrawn It proves not everyone on the Internet is a psycho killer, been to Silverstone twice with him and I'm still alive, still time I suppose...  :joy:

@MBKF1 Yeah I was the annoying so and so that revived everything.

Anyone remember JoeyZF1, Lee's meltdown over him and his millions of spam accounts here and on VRL? He got me suspended on Twitter too, but went crying to Lee begging for a reprieve as we were all bullying him apparently!

I remember MSC7xWDC or something like that. Massive Schumacher-fan, which should've meant that I would get along easily with him, but what a fucking fuck of a fucking cunt he was. And lol @ all the times we gave AMR shit, but in the end he was probably just 12 or 13 with his young ass.

Jiggy said:
I remember MSC7xWDC or something like that. Massive Schumacher-fan, which should've meant that I would get along easily with him, but what a **** **** of a **** **** he was. And lol @ all the times we gave AMR ****, but in the end he was probably just 12 or 13 with his young ass.
I was *just* thinking about how annoying he was.

fIsince08 said:

Anyone remember JoeyZF1, Lee's meltdown over him and his millions of spam accounts here and on VRL? He got me suspended on Twitter too, but went crying to Lee begging for a reprieve as we were all bullying him apparently!
He was something else that kid. I remember spending a good hour and a half one morning going through VRL and deleting all his spam accounts (he made something like 52 in one night).

I can't remember exactly what he got up to on here, was it just massive spamming again?

Hated that boy.

I can honestly say, I've only ever felt actually kinda uneasy once on this forum, and that was when Rohan wrote a whole story about myself and 'Fez @RevolvingPrawn getting married. I know I showed it to my friends, and everyone being kinda worried/confused about what this website was all about, and why I was on it. I know I took a screenshot of the story...I'll try to find it on my old laptop. 
omg i've found it.

"*Bumfez and Matthew's wedding. I am the priest*

Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of Helios, and in the face of this circus, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony; which is an honourable estate, instituted of PPF, signifying unto us the mystical union that is betwixt Man and his Animal: which holy estate Christ adorned and beautified with his presence and first miracle that he wrought in Cana of Galilee, and is commended of ServantOfJesus to be honourable among all men: and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and in the fear of T4RG4. Into this holy estate these two aliens present come now to be joined. If any man can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter for ever hold his peace.

*Herby and Mikey break down*

also speaking unto the Persons who are to be married, he shall say,

I REQUIRE and charge you both, as ye will answer at the dreadful day of judgment when the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed, that if either of you know any impediment, why ye may not be lawfully joined together in Matrimony, ye do now confess it. For be ye well assured, that if any persons are joined together other than as God's Word doth allow, their marriage is not lawful.

*Everyone is clapping. Rohan sheds a tear. Matthews puts a ring in Bumfez's finger.*

BLESS, O Lord, this Ring, that he who gives it and she who wears it may abide in thy peace, and continue in they favour, unto their life's end; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen. I hearby declare you husband and wife. Now may the bride kiss the groom(Bumfez).

*Matthews kisses Bumfez and everyone throws roses. Rohan hugs them both. The newly wed couple begins to leave the hall when suddenly, everyone looks at them with an evil look. The couple is confused. They turn back and ..... they are speared by Rohan !!! "Gumfez, I thought you loved me more than anyone else. You betrayed me !!! This is your final day." Everyone beats them up and throws them in a river.* "

(Rohan, 2012(?))

mike96 said:
MBKF1 said:

Is PlanetF1 still going? I never got involved in the trolling, but that was pretty funny ahah. Why did it happen again?
Hmm, to be honest I don't really remember... Maybe the others who took part in it can help? @Mexicola ? I think @Matthew77258 was involved as well? I remember making that thread about Karthikeyan being the best driver in F1, that OP photo was hilarious! :D

I can't remember that, but I'm glad I can't remember that. Rohan had some very strange tendancies...

Jiggy said:
I remember MSC7xWDC or something like that. Massive Schumacher-fan, which should've meant that I would get along easily with him, but what a **** **** of a **** **** he was. And lol @ all the times we gave AMR ****, but in the end he was probably just 12 or 13 with his young ass.

I actually have MSC7XWDC to thank for still being here :p Once F1 2010 came out, there was a massive influx of new members, and the guys I'd been speaking to all disappeared. So I sent a PM to MSC and asked him where the regulars had gone, and he pointed me towards Off-Topic.

MBKF1 said:
- Someone posted a picture of Victoria Justice with an awfully painted on beard, absolutely hilarious, wish I could find it again!
- Daniel Ricciardo Fan Club (which I founded and then Herby(?) and Bumfez / Prawn made it into a Daniel Ricciardo Hate Club).
Victoria Justice beard was me ;) And here it is lol. And have the Danny Ric Hate Club while we're at it lol. And the best photoshop I ever did of Steve Hood!

Absolute classics, thanks Dave!!

Yeah the Steve Hood photoshops were superb. I miss those developer diaries, they were things that got me so hyped for F1 2010, but I think the last time I did them was around 2012 / 2013.

And Rohan's stories, oh my. It's the level of detail he goes in to which is incredible, but also somewhat creepy as to what thoughts may have been whirling around in his head if he's picturing Matt and Prawn having a snog.

Maybe he's since turned to writing fan fiction, and given up on whatever IT job he was doing!

I always thought Rohan was really weird. Like really, really weird. But he wasn't hurting anyone or bothering anyone, so I never held it against him, but I did try to avoid him for the most of it.

I've still got him on facebook aha.. and he followed me on Instagram the other day outta nowhere!:blush:

fIsince08 said:

I remember Lee found out who was in real life and threatened to tell his mother. Pretty sure he left after that. :D    

Oh yes, I remember now! I think you're right, he did leave after that.

I remember though, when JoeyZ then came and spammed VRL, I (rather stupidly) sent him an Email asking him to stop it. This meant that he signed my Email up to some, well, adult male website newsletters... so I had to then spend a while unsubscribing to all these things. Fortunately it wasn't any of my main Emails, it was an odd one, but still, I should've known.

However, I think we got him back because I told Dave about this, and I think he signed him up to some of these websites in return, so 1 all!  :D

Ah dear, weird times.

Welcome back by the way, it's been a while!

MBKF1 said:
Oh yes, I remember now! I think you're right, he did leave after that.

I remember though, when JoeyZ then came and spammed VRL, I (rather stupidly) sent him an Email asking him to stop it. This meant that he signed my Email up to some, well, adult male website newsletters... so I had to then spend a while unsubscribing to all these things. Fortunately it wasn't any of my main Emails, it was an odd one, but still, I should've known.

However, I think we got him back because I told Dave about this, and I think he signed him up to some of these websites in return, so 1 all!  :D

Ah dear, weird times.

Welcome back by the way, it's been a while!

Thanks . I started reading this thread I just had to post. Too many good memories. I remember him being signed up to those sites too haha.  

Unfortunately it seems a lot quieter on here. And has Rohan stopped posting ? I miss that guy and his love stories haha. ( Didn't he take a girl out on a first date to KFC or am I remembering that wrong )

"Didn't he take a girl out on a first date to KFC"

I take everything back, he's an underrated ledge, bigger than Januzaj at the Nandos

I remember joining forums back in 2010 and haven't looked back ever since. Back in those old vBulletin days I literally stayed here for whole days lol. Fez, Matt A, Matt B, Hughesey, f1Since08, 123 and mexicola were usually the ones I used to chat to while platty often had a hard time keeping me within the rules :p It was never easy for me mixing up with people of different cultures, ages etc and hence, I usually ended up posting stuff which would otherwise feel weird or inappropriate even. Yeah I remember winding up in the wrong end of the tunnel all the time, getting bullied but now when I think about it(feeling nostalgic though :p ), I guess it was simply my immaturity and even accept attention seeking techniques. Funny lol :D But I feel I learnt a lot here, stuff they don't teach anywhere else. Somewhere down the line, I feel my immaturity might have lost me a few friends which I do regret to be honest. It was fun though, all the banter, chit chat, games and like someone here has already pointed out, those award shows lol. If I were given an opportunity to roll back in time, I wouldn't hesitate to relive those days again :) 

omg i've found it.

"*Bumfez and Matthew's wedding. I am the priest*

Dearly beloved, we are gathered together here in the sight of Helios, and in the face of this circus, to join together this Man and this Woman in holy Matrimony; which is an honourable estate, instituted of PPF, signifying unto us the mystical union that is betwixt Man and his Animal: which holy estate Christ adorned and beautified with his presence and first miracle that he wrought in Cana of Galilee, and is commended of ServantOfJesus to be honourable among all men: and therefore is not by any to be entered into unadvisedly or lightly; but reverently, discreetly, advisedly, soberly, and in the fear of T4RG4. Into this holy estate these two aliens present come now to be joined. If any man can show just cause, why they may not lawfully be joined together, let him now speak, or else hereafter for ever hold his peace.

*Herby and Mikey break down*

also speaking unto the Persons who are to be married, he shall say,

I REQUIRE and charge you both, as ye will answer at the dreadful day of judgment when the secrets of all hearts shall be disclosed, that if either of you know any impediment, why ye may not be lawfully joined together in Matrimony, ye do now confess it. For be ye well assured, that if any persons are joined together other than as God's Word doth allow, their marriage is not lawful.

*Everyone is clapping. Rohan sheds a tear. Matthews puts a ring in Bumfez's finger.*

BLESS, O Lord, this Ring, that he who gives it and she who wears it may abide in thy peace, and continue in they favour, unto their life's end; through **** Christ our Lord. Amen. I hearby declare you husband and wife. Now may the bride kiss the groom(Bumfez).

*Matthews kisses Bumfez and everyone throws roses. Rohan hugs them both. The newly wed couple begins to leave the hall when suddenly, everyone looks at them with an evil look. The couple is confused. They turn back and ..... they are speared by Rohan !!! "Gumfez, I thought you loved me more than anyone else. You betrayed me !!! This is your final day." Everyone beats them up and throws them in a river.* "

(Rohan, 2012(?))

Dear God Matt, that was me back in 2012????? :p :p :p Did I write whatever the hell that is ???? :p 

Best thing about vBulletin was its proper RSS feeds and email notifications so you never had to visit the actual forum unless anything interesting happened.  The web really is a terrible medium for conversations.

January 2001. I signed up for the Dragon Empires beta, also played a little LMA on the Xbox at the time (this was the first Xbox mind you!). Always fun when the regulars from one board or the other corssed over to chat, there were some fairly epic threads, usually on the off topic forum. Still in contact with a couple of folk from back then oddly. Biggest thing I remember the the shock of the cancellation and the fallout after that as the community slowly died out.

By the time they switched over to this intregated community management software nonsense (I think this is the scond iteration?) Codemasters itself had completely changed. Dropped everything else and moved on to solely racing titles. There were only a few DE people stilling hanging around at the rate of about 1 post per 6 months, reckon I'm one of the last who even looks back here out of nostalgia!

You've been on a Codemasters-forum since January 2001? January 2001?

WE HAVE KIDS HERE THAT ARE BORN AFTER JANUARY 2001 HOLY FUCKING POPO ON A STICK