Sign in to follow this  

vBulletin nostalgia thread

I look back on some of the stuff I did/said (both on this forum and in other places on the web) and cringe a bit, not going to lie. I guess that's the same for most people looking back on things they did when they were 12-15 years old to be fair though.

Ha yeah, when kids (htough I guess not kids now) born in the 90s started posting that was freaky enough, not even born when we were chatting here though.... (!)

It doesn't seem that long since we were all babbling away about the beta really, but to think to that'd be like me reading threads with folk talking about some unreleased text MUD from the early 80s or a cancelled development on the atari 2600.... bit of context. I guess Dragon Empires really is in the mists of time now!

An even more sobering thought is there were a few guys in their 60s posting then as I recall, they might not even be around in a more general sense any more.

Bloody glad there was no facebook or the like when I was a teenager. (But god did I post a lot of crap on here haha) It's bad enough look back and what I did say / post, but at least that was limited to (mostly) sites that no longer exist! Generation of folk going to have crap they wrote as kids chasing them for life.

*edit*

Ah, I told a lie, it was Jan 2002!

http://archive.lotrocommunity.eu/lord-rings-online-general-discussion-424/85464-welcome-lotro-forums.html

I actually went back and deleted all the crap I posted when I was younger on Facebook. I just couldn't bare to leave it there, it was absolutely embarrassing.  

Made a new Twitter at one point too/deleted all the crap from my old one.

Edit: Yeah, joined Twitter in 2011 but "restarted" it in 2013 or so.