DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Confused with CodeMasters thinking on F1 2014/15?

Hatta said:
Appreciate that. However we decided that to make the biggest step forward we had to start from scratch on an all new engine tailored to the new consoles. Maybe we could have done both, but that would have resulted in us splitting our limited resource and delaying our next-gen engine.

The problem I have with this is that you could have put all the effort into creating an F1 game for the next gen consoles instead of this Xbox 360/PS3 only release, which is maddening. Many of us have already transitioned over, and you leave us in the lurch as someone above has already mentioned. There really is no reason to make an F1 2014 for the 360/PS3, to be honest...

The reason for F1 2014 may be, as has been said, because they are contractually required to release a game every year. When I first read the news last week, I was gutted and astounded. Now however, I'm excited. This is Codemasters' chance to freshen up the F1 series, a series which hasn't felt great since 2011 for me. 2012 and especially 2013 were stale. The classic stuff was alright but the 2013 content felt similar to 2012 except for tyre wear. We'll see what happens.

Can you tell me if the next gen F1 2015 PC version will be DirectX10 comptabile  or only DirectX 11?

I'm struggling here to see a reason to buy this game. All of the info that has come out so far just seems to be confirming what is not in the game.

No online practice

No Formation lap

No Start Procedure

No online improvements

No driver numbers(this is ludicrous imo)

I could go on forever. This to me seems like as bare bones a game as you are ever likely to see. F1 2013 had nothing meaningful added and this seems to be exactly the same. Where is the progression guys? Where is the advancement in the series going to come from? I know I know, next gen etc etc but seriously this game is releasing this year and so far has shown nothing that justifies spending another £40 on this series. Easier ai and scenario mode updates are not going to make the vast majority part with their money. I'm just struggling to see the strategy for this game and why people should be buying it. I thought 2013 was a cheap cash in to fund next gen and I could live with that for 1 year but to have another game thrown out with next to no improvements has seen me become very wary of Codemasters in general.

I just find no reason for this game to exist

I'm struggling here to see a reason to buy this game. All of the info that has come out so far just seems to be confirming what is not in the game.

No online practice

No Formation lap

No Start Procedure

No online improvements

I could go on forever. This to me seems like as bare bones a game as you are ever likely to see. F1 2013 had nothing meaningful added and this seems to be exactly the same. Where is the progression guys? Where is the advancement in the series going to come from? I know I know, next gen etc etc but seriously this game is releasing this year and so far has shown nothing that justifies spending another £40 on this series. Easier ai and scenario mode updates are not going to make the vast majority part with their money. I'm just struggling to see the strategy for this game and why people should be buying it. I thought 2013 was a cheap cash in to fund next gen and I could live with that for 1 year but to have another game thrown out with next to no improvements has seen me become very wary of Codemasters in general.

Wait for the next gen game if you don't want to buy the bloody PS3/360 game because it doesn't have the features you want. You think they'll revolutionize the game on old gen consoles, when they'll be defunct in about two years time, rather than wait 6 months and give them to us in a much better and nicer product?

Quite whinging and come back in 6 months for the 2015 game if 2014 is eating your arse so much. 

EdMa said:

No online practice

No Formation lap

No Start Procedure

No online improvements

Wait for the next gen game if you don't want to buy the bloody PS3/360 game because it doesn't have the features you want. You think they'll revolutionize the game on old gen consoles, when they'll be defunct in about two years time, rather than wait 6 months and give them to us in a much better and nicer product?

Quite whinging and come back in 6 months for the 2015 game if 2014 is eating your arse so much. 

No they dont have to revolutionize anything. They need to improve it and so far they have not made an improvement to the base game since F1 2012. The fact that your getting so emotional though makes me think your probably about 12 so maybe your happy with whatever shit Codemasters gives you each year as long as your mum buys you the game for Christmas.

Here is a word of advice though, it is always better to ask for more from developers. If your happy getting nothing then rest assured you will get nothing each year so keep that in mind next time you go on your fanboy rant.

EdMa said:

No online practice

No Formation lap

No Start Procedure

No online improvements

No they dont have to revolutionize anything. They need to improve it and so far they have not made an improvement to the base game since F1 2012. The fact that your getting so emotional though makes me think your probably about 12 so maybe your happy with whatever shit Codemasters gives you each year as long as your mum buys you the game for Christmas.

Here is a word of advice though, it is always better to ask for more from developers. If your happy getting nothing then rest assured you will get nothing each year so keep that in mind next time you go on your fanboy rant.

You're getting an entire new game, on an entire new set of hardware on an entirely new engine in 6 months time. 

Yup Codemasters really are doing nothing. 

But you're right my mummy will still buy it for me anyway. 

No online practice

No Formation lap

No Start Procedure

No online improvements

I agree with you entirely and i actually feel even stronger than you,ive been a codies fanboy since 97 but now im finding it increasingly more difficult to back their bs,this other guy edma is talking out of his rear diffuser!

No online practice

No Formation lap

No Start Procedure

No online improvements

Agreed. The season will be just about over and its coming off as '13 with very little new things. 

Ive said since '08 they need an early season release. Its a shame they missed the ps4 this year. Maybe '15s new game engine will be worth checking out......oh, yea ...... about time they add the features still left out

There might not be too many new added features but I feel the game will still be fun because of the new handling + fuel saving , etc. Considering they will apparently will be building next-gen from scratch it would probably make more sense to not update old-gen as much so they have more time and resources to work on current gen (`Next-Gen`) so they will be able to release it earlier in the season rather than later in the season, like how it is now. Although I agree is problems that can be fixed but in terms of features I think there is a very good reason they did not want to add many new things to make way for Next-Gen.

EdMa said:

THAT IS THE POINT... they should have just made a next gen version ONLY. Welcome to the true discussion!

EdMa said:

THAT IS THE POINT... they should have just made a next gen version ONLY. Welcome to the true discussion!

Thankyou that man!the true discussion,we all love codies and we all thank them for being the only devs that could be arsed to give us an f1 game on consoles,as i keep saying we wont boycott them and we will all buy it,its still this years cars tracks and drivers,but they dont need to keep feeding us bs and hiding things!if they cant do something or they cant afford to do something,just tell us,we're not stupid and those of us that are stupid wont know the difference no matter what they are told!

fil140 said:

they are full of it,theyve had the developement hardware for programming this gen for ages!not just since last september,they have ballsed up,simple,i doubt that they will really release that early,otherwise why after the wii psp test run of f1 09,did they not release earlier from 2010,they are pushed for time,they struggle every year and this is just an opportunity for some breathing space.see how they have pushed this year back to oct?yeh so that next year they can call september,"earlier"in the season and you can bet that it will still feel like a port too.

Grammar, punctuation, and spelling. You should Google them; they are your friends.

Recon1k said:
fil140 said:

they are full of it,theyve had the developement hardware for programming this gen for ages!not just since last september,they have ballsed up,simple,i doubt that they will really release that early,otherwise why after the wii psp test run of f1 09,did they not release earlier from 2010,they are pushed for time,they struggle every year and this is just an opportunity for some breathing space.see how they have pushed this year back to oct?yeh so that next year they can call september,"earlier"in the season and you can bet that it will still feel like a port too.

Grammar, punctuation, and spelling. You should Google them; they are your friends.

Your first "sentence" isn't grammatically correct, and so before you criticize someone for it, you'd better have your own house in order!

Recon1k said:
fil140 said:

You jackass try quick typin from an iphone with this turd app!!you the kind of jerk that muddies the water with nonsense taking posts off topic and letting them slip off without answering cos your too busy arguing nonesense idiot!soo sorry if you cant read this without punctuation!knobhead.

Firstly I am patiently awaiting the release of the next installment in the series. What the company is doing will benefit us in the long term. I expect the game to have 90% of the requested inclusions and enhancements demanded by the faithful community.codeM now has for a guaranteed sales upon release. All cars must be effected by tire degradation and fuel depletion. A random 3 safety car deployment throughout the season, more involved engineer adjustment with a visible change in handling, A1 must, must be realistic and suffer with mistakes, tyre blow outs, YOU know the list.. We ask for the earth , but do not begrudged paying for it with a game that warrants it.

In f1 2015 how will we get the updates and will we need play station network account if u have a ps4?

You guys don't know me, so I doubt you'll give a damn about this and you've no reason to, but I made a blog post expressing confusion on Codemaster's thinking on, well, everything. 

If you guys fancy a look; http://throughthevelveteyesofmexicola.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/uh-oh-codies.html

They've given zero effort towards any sort of realism whatsoever so I cant see how the next ones will be any different. All they care about is wooing little kids with pretty graphics and making the games "accessible" to "casual gamers" or "people new to the sport"...

Mexicola said:

You guys don't know me, so I doubt you'll give a damn about this and you've no reason to, but I made a blog post expressing confusion on Codemaster's thinking on, well, everything. 

If you guys fancy a look; http://throughthevelveteyesofmexicola.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/uh-oh-codies.html

This was excellent, you've said everything Ive been trying to say except with much more class and eloquance than id be able to muster from witin my cranial capacity.. If only Geoff Crammond was still making F1 games, RIP 

cjtj123 said:

In f1 2015 how will we get the updates and will we need play station network account if u have a ps4?

probably yes but setting up an account itself is free it's only if you start playing in online lobbies and such that it costs at least normally. Also if you buy games or DLC on download too.