[GAME MODE] Add 1v1 PVP with your opponent being a ghost car

I'm really shocked this feature doesn't exist in Dirt rally. Is it because it's hard to implement? I remember playing this mode in first Colin McRae rally. Me and my friend would connect directly via modem and play a stage together.

Currently the only true PVP we have is Rallycross, but what about ordinary rally stages for a 1v1 go? How it works: you drive your car and your opponent is driving his, on the same stage, at the same time, but he's shown to you as a ghost car, and vice versa. So, you're basically playing together without getting in the way of each other.

Please make this happen, I hope it's not a big deal :blush:
  • Agree 4

Or how about D/L the leader or the one ahead of you on a leaderboard.  I would certainly enjoy this in any mode.

Also, real rally take off in increments... Of a few minutes.... Why not allow this

Like the idea although instead of a ghost, why not have PvP rallies where you have an order at each section instead of a ghost? 

Posted (edited)

I just registered so I can type to this section too and agree with you guys. I guess many players only google for 1v1 dirt rally but nobody bother to type on forum so we could rush them to implement it and really hope they will patch it one day. x)

Edited by baDaCid1

LAN Mode would also be great and specially useful for LAN events. Right now if steam goes down, we're all ded.

Wenn ich eine gute Rally gefahren bin, möchte ich die Geist daten einem Freund schicken. Das wäre sehr interessant ✌️

I want a mode there you on the same console/computer can play 2 person. You choose 2 player, then you choose either a whole rally or a single stage and then player one starts first and when he finish the stage player two takes of. If you choose a whole rally you will play stage by stage and the ones who's faster starts first and you will have to repair at the servicepoints. This gameplay were in the older Colin McRae titles and was lovly to play with friends over.

I can be done completly offline so no needs for leaderboards after stage/rally.

• Agree 2