Sign in to follow this  

TT vs Career Setups

All the fastest time trial setups are 1-1 aero, 1-1 11-11 spings etc etc but im finding in career mode im using a much more balanced setup to deal with fuel loads and tyre life. Has anyone got any opinions about TT setups being preferable to use in Career Mode rather than my balanced setups?

I always use the 1 1 aero and 11 11 springs in career aswell, since tyre wear is scripted. Setup doesn't change it, it has been tested by many.

On the odd track like cota and spa my tt and race setup are nearly identica both 1-1 wings and 11-11 springs and very quick, only change the gears for race setup, but every other track I can't run 1 1 aero or 11 11 springs, I drive no assist with microsoft ff wheel, and all my tt setups are my race setups and my whole setup drastically changes, but I can never run higher or equal front wings to rear wing. Eg at silverstone I am running 3 frontwing and 5 rear, and my balance is 4-4 and springs 4-4 height and 6-1 stiffness. Even my camber settings are different on most tracks. Germany I run 7-11 wing combination. My setups work great for my style of driving, I like to be smooth. But I know other guys on control pad who can use 1-1 wings everywhere and be fast. I do a decent job I think with my setups as I am usually in the top 100 on most tracks and on some I am in the top 30. I was worried 2013 was going to be like 2012 where 1-1 11-11 setup was going to rule again, even in the wet! But am relieved that I personally have to run much more realistic setups.

I don't understand when people say tyre wear is scripted, if I use the engineer setup for dry at Monaco 100% race distance for example I have to do 3 stops, yet if I use the setup for changeable conditions then I can do it on 2 stops, yes the outright qualli pace is a little slower but the race pace is almost identical on full fuel and the tyres last so much longer.

so what do you mean about the tyre wear being scripted??

Yeah I agree with Angypostman, my setups are rarely like this, especially for online play.  Yes some tracks Im normally lower on aero, but 1-1, espeically for 50% and above can really hurt your race early.  However cambers rarely seem to ever change.  But I have noticed, at least for online that 11-1 ride height does give you a straight line advantage, and also 7th gear settings can make a difference.

I think there is really more to meet the eye once you dont have TT.  I really wish it was different honestly for TT....