Want to report an issue? Have a bug to report? Please look here first!!!! Read more... ×

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Game crashes when when I have my Saitek R440 Force Feedback pluged in

Hey Guys, i bought F1 2016 a few days ago and since then i had problems with crashes to my desktop without any notification. Today i figured out that my wheel (the Saitek R440 Force Feedback) is responsible for it, when its not connected the game works just fine. I know its not supported by the game but it worked on all other games without problems, does anyone of you have an idea about how to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance :)

I think somehow we're expected not to use any kind of USB wheel!

Have you tried a USB 2.0 port rather than a USB 3.0 port if you have both? Many have suggested that a lot of the problems go away if you use USB 2.0.

Thanks, but it still crashes..
May be the wheel is just to old, im not sure if i ever played with it on win 10..

Hi echtHACKE I guess you're playing on PC? That's not an officially supported wheel so I can't tell you for sure that it will work because we've never tested it but there are a few things you can try.

1) Make sure you have the latest driver and firmware for the wheel.
2) Make sure your drivers are up to date in general.
3) Next time it crashes get the crash dump and send it to me in a private message.

I had a same problem with Windows 10, this worked for me:

deleted the registry key for R440 (look throught the list) here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\CurrentControlSet\Control \MediaProperties\PrivateProperties\Joystick\OEM

and wheel works correctly,

source: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/no-force-feedback/a6f95756-527d-49d3-9b19-0a52e0d2bdf6