DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Another poor aspect of V-Rally 4 seems to be the included liveries. From what I've seen so far, some of the cars only have one livery, so in an RX race for example, if there are multiple cars of that type, they'll all be the same livery. It looks ridiculous and is a big oversight IMO. If you're not going to have a livery editor a la Dirt 4, Forza, GT Sport etc, you have to at least have some variety to choose from (like Project Cars 2.)
Aside from that, it looks like it could be a reasonably enjoyable game, but $60 seems way too steep for what you get. Also, they offer a "season pass" that includes 4 cars? Are they kidding with that? That is insanely poor value for money if true.

It’s an arcade game, but the handling still looks very odd. And the car lost is still quite poor, plus terrible Pacenotes 

WRC7 def has some qualities but required too much tinkering to get to feel OK. A well designed game should be intuitive from the get go or you will lose lots of people straight away.

Stage design is generally brilliant with some exceptions. Not a fan how they portray Sweden and Finland's stages for example.

bogani said:
WRC7 def has some qualities but required too much tinkering to get to feel OK. A well designed game should be intuitive from the get go or you will lose lots of people straight away.

Stage design is generally brilliant with some exceptions. Not a fan how they portray Sweden and Finland's stages for example.

Correct, but they created stages over the three titles and reused many parts. I think those were the oldest ones (UK was also really bad), but the newer ones were the likes of Mexico, Germany and Polabd, which were excellent.

dgeesi0 said:
its not a WRC game though its more of a arcade game so they dont need to be so sim like when its a arcade title. they need to be different titles. doesnt mean they have to be bad though and v rally looks poop. sad as have fond memories of the early games.

I really don't get why though, they must have noticed the positive feedback they received for WRC7 and I believe it sold much better (on Steam, so maybe not on console) than the others - it's like they took a conscious decision to cut out all the progress they'd made since WRC5.

bogani said:

Correct, but they created stages over the three titles and reused many parts. I think those were the oldest ones (UK was also really bad), but the newer ones were the likes of Mexico, Germany and Polabd, which were excellent.

dgeesi0 said:
its not a WRC game though its more of a arcade game so they dont need to be so sim like when its a arcade title. they need to be different titles. doesnt mean they have to be bad though and v rally looks poop. sad as have fond memories of the early games.

I really don't get why though, they must have noticed the positive feedback they received for WRC7 and I believe it sold much better (on Steam, so maybe not on console) than the others - it's like they took a conscious decision to cut out all the progress they'd made since WRC5.
Not sure how accurate vgchartz is in terms of the sales figures but they have WRC 7 at 40,000 copies compared to WRC 6 having 80,000 copies sold on PS4 :/

Add an extra “0” on the end of WRC 7s sales figure and that’s what they have DiRT Rally at based on PS4 figures alone

Did some more DiRT Rally action, this time some RX with the BritishBomb DS3. Sometimes in sharp(er) corners the Supercar (in DiRT Rally) reacts a bit strange, especially the Polo, but you will also notice in this video in some hairpin. Dont know really how to describe it. 

Is there actually a video/photo share topic somewhere, otherwise I keep spamming this topic. Btw, plannning to do some more videos. Really like this easy video/screen sharing on PS4.

JorritVD said:
Did some more DiRT Rally action, this time some RX with the BritishBomb DS3. Sometimes in sharp(er) corners the Supercar (in DiRT Rally) reacts a bit strange, especially the Polo, but you will also notice in this video in some hairpin. Dont know really how to describe it. 

Is there actually a video/photo share topic somewhere, otherwise I keep spamming this topic. Btw, plannning to do some more videos. Really like this easy video/screen sharing on PS4.
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6210/show-off-your-replays

bogani said:

dgeesi0 said:

vrally isnt a sim title. sort of like compared dirt 3 to dirt rally. dirt 3 totally arcadey sold more than dirt rally but dirt rally is the better sim like game. different ip titles different games. thats all it is. why make vrally same as WRC7 ? you make it different. to cover more bases. not the same to cover the same market bases. pretty simple really i dont get why people dont see it.

JorritVD said:
Jepsertti said:
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/6210/show-off-your-replays
Thanks, but it is not a replay :flushed:
Yes but if you look at the thread there are gameplay videos there too. That's the thread where all DiRT videos have been posted to.

The thread reached 1Million views and we have the first pic of the new game!!!!!
And the Fabia R5 is confirmed

Looks like Codies has finally grasped the power of 4k. Shame the tach and track map from 1992, though. 

ShodanCat said:
Just ordered a Fanatec handbrake.. please Codies, give us something worthy of it :)
Have fun with it. I don't know if they've updated it at all since I got mine, but I actually had to take mine to a belt sander and grind down the jack connector so the plug could sit in all the way. Helped with my weird janky connection, not perfect, but better. Using the USB addon might make it better.

JZStudios said:
ShodanCat said:
Just ordered a Fanatec handbrake.. please Codies, give us something worthy of it :)
Have fun with it. I don't know if they've updated it at all since I got mine, but I actually had to take mine to a belt sander and grind down the jack connector so the plug could sit in all the way. Helped with my weird janky connection, not perfect, but better. Using the USB addon might make it better.
Thanks for the tip. I don't think the USB addon makes a difference because you still have to plug the RJ11-style connector in. If anything, my biggest problem will probably be making room for it. I'll attach it to the side of my ClubSport shifter, but it looks like the handle would hit my desktop surface so I'm gonna have to move the shifter back a few inches. But this is the joy of working with sim racing rigs and all the different hardware, body shapes, etc we all deal with :smile:

The thread reached 1Million views and we have the first pic of the new game!!!!!

Where is this pic from? Looks like Polish roads.

Edit: fooled me, good trollin'  :D

JZStudios said:
ShodanCat said:
Mine is fcking up badly. If I have it connected it registers signals even if I don't touch it. 

bogani said:

Where is this pic from? Looks like Polish roads.

Edit: fooled me, good trollin'  :D
The time Codies get their grass to look as good as that we'll have a hard time telling if it's a game or not ;)

Haha, nice Skoda picture with DiRT 3 HUD. Might help developers.

Btw, getting close to the Phil Mills six weeks "timeline" announcement posted on August 7th. We are now on five weeks :blush:

No codies WRC 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2076255065968427&id=1415419208718686

kheiro said:
No codies WRC 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2076255065968427&id=1415419208718686
well, at least we can move on from that theory. 

kheiro said:
No codies WRC 

No confirmation anywhere via that link on who has the licence. the pictures used are from the wrc website (taken during the autosport show)  and the WRC official game page are giving the same anwsers as before in the comments :

"Stay tuned for more information coming soon on that, Karl. We know you're eager to hear more and appreciate your patience."

Source of the pictures here : https://www.wrc.com/en/wrc/about-wrc/rally-cars/citroen-ds3-wrc/page/795-18667-795--.html

It's just a random post, maybe I'm missing something ?