DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

2003 was Colin McRae Rally 04, and 2014 was Dirt Rally early access, anything common between both games (and/or McRae 3)?
That has to do with Solbergs first World titles. 2003 in WRC and 2014 in WRX. 

There's been enough 2.0 remarks that it really has to be Dirt Rally 2.0. Perhaps with the subtitle "Rally Legends" or "Petter Solberg". 

A game based on Petters career would be quite epic to be honest.

The adress 'Lilla Gatan' means 'Little Road in Swedish. I get a feeling I don't need to explain what S1 E22B means though...

Edit: I've just realized I ended up in the tweet, and that's an achievement I'm proud of :D

What's the significance of the opening hours? They seem too weird not to mean anything:

Monday & Tuesday: Appointment

Wednesday to Friday: 6PM to 4AM

Saturday & Sunday: 6PM to 6AM

I have a wildness theory, the last few digits of the phone number are 01789, which rearrange to 17/09/18, which fits with my announcement next Monday theory

Interesting, interesting....

It means that it is no official WRC title. If it's only build around Solberg it could be tricky. If they bring in Sainz and Loeb, that would be even more interesting.

WRC still with Kylotonn and it could be that game launches with the 2019 WRC season, covering 2018 as well. Hmmm  B)

carpa said:
The adress 'Lilla Gatan' means 'Little Road in Swedish. I get a feeling I don't need to explain what S1 E22B means though...

Edit: I've just realized I ended up in the tweet, and that's an achievement I'm proud of :D

Well, more like 'Little street' than 'Little Road' to be fair.

Areyouben said:
Definately a Solberg game as I thought. Mills is in the game as a codriver, Solberg his 2018 RX car got scanned, they describe both his rally and RX titles. Let’s get it!

Explore it yourself first, but this is what I was able to extract from plain text:

Home page:

- Possibly a focus on the 2002 rally era and up
- Presentation might go back to CMR2.0 style

About page:

- Possibly a focus on the 2002 rally era and up
- Focus on both “regular” and sim?
- An even bigger focus on car service
- Focus on Solberg’s career, both Rally and RX

Contact page:

- S1 E22B confirmed!

If that means handling like D4 again and more arbitrarily being locked out of setups by staff mood swings I'm gonna cry.

gfRally said:
urgaffel said:
JZStudios said:
urgaffel said:
zissakos1 said:
Hey @urgaffel, will the new rally game support RTX Raytracing in any form?

I honestly don’t know, but it would be sweet if we did. Driving games are the perfect showcase for that kind of thing, just imagine nigh time racing with wet roads... *drools*
Imagine not having those awful smoke/dust artifacts where black objects and opacities don't freak out when combining.
Now I'm curious if that would still be present or not...
What artifacts? 
I think he is talking about depth cueing problems, i.e. a mudflap will be seen over the particle effects that are supposed to be behind it.  But I have seen this in quite a few games, it makes me wonder if its a graphics card or driver problem.  
It's a sorting issue more than anything. There's also some haloing around objects when you have a lot of dust because of how we render it. If we didn't do it that way, we wouldn't be able to have massive dust trails :( There are always tradeoffs sadly. If you have a screenshot I could be more certain but I'm guessing that's what's going on.

Dytut said:
Ok peeps. Let's do this.

https://twitter.com/xtinamcf/status/1039165961528635393

I'm quite sure the phone number has something hidden. It doesn't look like a real swedish phone number. 
+46 (49)7 - 101 - 7891.

+46 is the country code. The (49) part isn't how we usually type Swedish numbers. Not sure how to handle that, but if it's old international standard the numbers in paranthesis aren't meant to be used. But any way I look at it it's not a real Swedish number, so I suspect a new @urgaffel code.

Me? I would never... ;D

Don't know how to embed a screenshot but an email response from gossip pizza stated the following

Hello!

We are terribly sorry but we are currently on vacation until the 13th and can't accept any bookings at this moment in time. 

All the best,

The Gossip Pizza Team Left 90

/HlxyY.FgEvjo2

Getting news on 13th?

We are terribly sorry but we are currently on vacation until the 13th and can't accept any bookings at this moment in time. 
Interesting, let's hope so!

All this is pointing towards another theory I had last month about them announcing it as a birthday present for me. 

So so if they’re away to the 13th, lots of clues hinting at the number 2, therefore; 2+13=15

=they’re announcing it on my birthday this Saturday and I get the first copy

I've no idea. It wasn't a clickable link and had no image. Came up with nothing when .posted in browser. I don't understand computer speak but could be another code. 

I've no idea. It wasn't a clickable link and had no image. Came up with nothing when .posted in browser. I don't understand computer speak but could be another code. 
Part of a URL maybe? I just tried it after the Gossip Pizza, Dirt and CM web address but there is nothing there. 

Will have to try and make some time this evening to try a bit of codebreaking!

I look forward to your results. Been watching this thread for a long long time but been unable to post until now for some reason.

My 2.0 pence worth though is that I didn't enjoy the rally aspect of d4 but loved the detail and quality of the stages in DR so hopefully more in line with that for this new iteration.

Don't know how to embed a screenshot but an email response from gossip pizza stated the following

Hello!

All the best,

The Gossip Pizza Team Left 90

/HlxyY.FgEvjo2

Getting news on 13th?
Here a screen of it 

Most interesting are 13th, LEFT 90 and /HlxyY.FgEvjo2
I wonder if tomorrow it becomes 89 or 91. 

LEFT 90 and /HlxyY.FgEvjo2  >> points to Lancer 037 Evolution 2 with Röhrl

LEFT 90 > 1983
/HlxyY.Fg > W mssing in set of  3 (Wxy) > Pointing to Walter 
Evjo2 > Pointing to the car EVO 2

Solberg Game supported by multiple legends > Dirt Legends

To far fetched and complete nonsense  :p 

Soooo.... 

Using the first part as a google short url:
goo.gl/HlxyY.
turns into:
http://jbcffcjb.grabwhileucan.info/

So... keep chugging with the phone number and the weird stuff. We will beat them this time!

the website is awesome :D                                                       

On the contact page there is a maps. A few hours ago when i clicked on it, it redirected to Google Maps to Codemasters in Southam. Now it redirects to Glasgow. Someone have any idea?

JorritVD said:
On the contact page there is a maps. A few hours ago when i clicked on it, it redirected to Google Maps to Codemasters in Southam. Now it redirects to Glasgow. Someone have any idea?
I only have gotten Glasgow since the beginning.