DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

JorritVD said:
Is today the day?

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/7ac35b9bec57e84f47a122271f5a4637/5BA33C2A/t51.12442-15/sh0.08/e35/p750x750/41280358_239356860088491_7916695148471503650_n.jpg
Where did you dig that pic from? Can't find it. 

bogani said:
JorritVD said:
Is today the day?

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/7ac35b9bec57e84f47a122271f5a4637/5BA33C2A/t51.12442-15/sh0.08/e35/p750x750/41280358_239356860088491_7916695148471503650_n.jpg
Where did you dig that pic from? Can't find it. 
Jon’s Instagram story 

I present a new theory:

it it was supposed to be announced yesterday, but because I guessed it right they changed it to today just to spite me. They also changed the name from Dirt Legends to something rubbish just to be petty

JorritVD said:

• 13 could also be the 13th McRae/DiRT game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_McRae_Rally
If this is correct then this seems like the strongest connection on your list. 

Jon’s Instagram story 

I present a new theory:

it it was supposed to be announced yesterday, but because I guessed it right they changed it to today just to spite me. They also changed the name for Dirt Legends to something rubbish just to be petty
They changed the announcement date and informed all publications of the name change purely because one person on the community forum figured it out?...

...yep, that all sounds perfectly feasible to me. 

tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:

• 13 could also be the 13th McRae/DiRT game: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_McRae_Rally

Jon’s Instagram story 

I present a new theory:

it it was supposed to be announced yesterday, but because I guessed it right they changed it to today just to spite me. They also changed the name for Dirt Legends to something rubbish just to be petty
They changed the announcement date and informed all publications of the name change purely because one person on the community forum figured it out?...

Precisely, glad you’re on the same wavelength as me. Or was that sarcasm?

tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:

Jon’s Instagram story 

I present a new theory:

And now that you guessed today they have to change it AGAIN. Please stop. 

:D 

tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:

Jon’s Instagram story 

I present a new theory:

Sarcasm? What's that? 

bogani said:
tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:

Jon’s Instagram story 

I present a new theory:

Hang on. What if the game has been ready for months but it keeps getting deferred because @Rallydriven keeps pre-empting Codemasters next move? 

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:

Jon’s Instagram story 

I present a new theory:

Hang on. What if the game has been ready for months but it keeps getting deferred because @Rallydriven keeps pre-empting Codemasters next move? 

Yup. I def think @Rallydriven should be banned, just in case.

@SkiddyMcCrash, help please?

bogani said:
  tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:

Jon’s Instagram story 

I present a new theory:

Yup. I def think @Rallydriven should be banned, just in case.

@SkiddyMcCrash, help please?

Yeah, ban him, and cut off his fingers so he can’t come back with another account! (Who are we talking about?)

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:

Jon’s Instagram story 

I present a new theory:

Maybe @CodingRacer was right all along.

Oscar97 said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
tbtstt said:
JorritVD said:

Jon’s Instagram story 

I present a new theory:

Maybe @CodingRacer was right all along.
We'd have had Codemasters WRC 2018 back in May if it hadn't have been for @Rallydriven. 

GET OUT OF THEIR HEADS, FOR ALL OUR SAKE!

Hey @codingracer has only been wrong 7 or 8 times. Give him a chance.

@CodingRacer for President!
I'd like to hear some policies before casting my vote. What's his stance on arcade handling? Does he intend to build a wall around it?

Good point. I didn't look for policies just went for the populist vote. I would hope to god that this thread is free of folk who like arcadey handling and would expect any president to take a hard-line against it. 

Areyouben said:
And is the wall made of kebabs?         
I'm thinking empty kebab pizza boxes might be a better construction material. A kebab wall is going to smell excellent on the first day, but by the end of the week it's going to be horrendous. 

I fear a wall wouldn't work. Given the limited effects of damage in a arcade system combined with the inevitable turbo nitro super hyper boost the wall would be smashed to bits and rewarded with a trophy.

I’ll be president, my first pledge is that the new game will be teased in 7 minutes Tim and announced in 17
I wish you were right. Nothing is pointing toward that though.

I fear a wall wouldn't work. Given the limited effects of damage in a arcade system combined with the inevitable turbo nitro super hyper boost the wall would be smashed to bits and rewarded with a trophy.
Good call. With that in mind I propose that the wall be constructed of the same fence used beside the stages in the early Colin McRae Rally games: everything bounced off that. 

I’ll be president, my first pledge is that the new game will be teased in 7 minutes Tim and announced in 17
Dammit, hasn't someone banned you yet? If you keep posting we're never going to get this game!

I’m going by DiRT Rally and DiRT 4, both a tweet went out at 10 to 1 gmt followed by full announcement at 1

edit: looks like I’m not going to be president today

Rallystu86 said: mi
I’m going by DiRT Rally and DiRT 4, both a tweet went out at 10 to 1 gmt followed by full announcement at 1
I would've expected some decluttering on social i.e unpinning tweets, pre loading video on YouTube etc. Alas nothing.

Remember the company made a big step ahead on the 1st of June. That brought more money but less flexibility too, so things has change slightly. It's not so easy when you have to delivery some expectations (money wise). Let's assume game times will be altered in the first few years, even if the work is almost there.