DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

I’m wondering if today could have been a press day maybe to preview the new game? Something must have been going on for Jon’s instagram post.

whatever it is, I’m pretty sure we will know about it within the next few days/weeks!

I’m wondering if today could have been a press day maybe to preview the new game? Something must have been going on for Jon’s instagram post.

whatever it is, I’m pretty sure we will know about it within the next few days/weeks!
They might just have been serving kebab pizza for lunch at the office? 

Would they invite the press in before any sort of announcement? Maybe it's polish up day for the teaser. Bloody hope so. Bout time we got our reward!

Would they invite the press in before any sort of announcement? Maybe it's polish up day for the teaser. Bloody hope so. Bout time we got our reward!
Yeah that’s quite common, videogamer were in to play dirt rally before it was announced, that was you have press releases ready as soon as the announcement goes live. 

press is almost always brought in ahead of time, then embargoed until a certain date.  Sometimes because every media outlet gets thier fair chance to look at it before reporting.

Fair enough. However Jon's insta post doesn't really give anything away and may be, yet another deception play or just another day in the office. What's his role?

That being said, Christina's gone n had 'a good day'  on the old tweet box. This is torturous

I think it is the Red Bull gaming sphere in London, which would mean they could have had a day with the media.

That place is named Red Bull Gaming Sphere in London
Red Bull Gaming Sphere London
2 Chance St, London E1 6JT, Reino Unido

https://goo.gl/maps/ZMG3yzACn9L2

Nice. Doesn't confirm wrc content but at least suggests imminent announcement of a new product. Cheeky ol' dogs

JorritVD said:
I think it is the Red Bull gaming sphere in London, which would mean they could have had a day with the media.

Nice find! I think this was definitely press/media day for the new game then, which means we will be very close to an announcement! There will be a press embargo, but some lucky people have already played it!

What? Who? How? Please explain? Might it not just be a bar with redbull p.o.s?
How? This is the DiRTy Gossip thread. Reason has no place here. Blind leaps to sweeping conclusions via the vaguest shred of evidence. That's how we roll. 

My expectation, Thursday an announcement, and Friday possible live session on social media.

If the press got their hands on the game today, there probably won't be an announcement before Monday, as they need time to write about the game.

JorritVD said:
My expectation, Thursday an announcement, and Friday possible live session on social media.
No I think that might be too soon, could be wrong, but I think there would normally be a bit longer to allow the press to get their write ups sorted. I reckon next week

Maybe something at Rally Day this weekend?                                    

https://twitter.com/xtinamcf/status/1042073574792671232?s=21

Interesting, can’t work out what this could be about?
JorritVD said:

That's interesting... I mean, Red Bull sponsors lots of different teams in motorsports, but the WRX is officially supported by Monster Energy which is one of their competitors, so would an officially licensed game be welcome in a Red Bull event?

Evrry time I see a clip of WRX it seems the majority of cars are sponsored by Red Bull.

Red Bull's gaming site also has plenty of content about the last two games.

Evrry time I see a clip of WRX it seems the majority of cars are sponsored by Red Bull.

Red Bull's gaming site also has plenty of content about the last two games.
Yep, but FIA WRX and Petter Solberg doesnt, so it isnt a Complete Solberg game (thanks god) also it isnt a standalone WRX game (thanks god x2)