DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Dytut said:
tbtstt said:
Well if the announcement is any time after 1pm then @RallyDriven has to buy his/her own lunch.

My clock says 13:03 and I can't see anything online. Looks like @RallyDriven is buying his own dinner tonight...
It would only be fitting for it to be announced at 2pm local time.
He's UK based so its the same local time lol

If it actually is DR 2.0 that is being teased, I just want to call out the Polo R5 being on the box art  B)

bogani said:
If it actually is DR 2.0 that is being teased, I just want to call out the Polo R5 being on the box art  B)
Or Petter's WRX car (Partnership with Solberg and VW)

Do you guys really think there will be an announcement today? I think it's just teasing. We will have to wait a few days or weeks for full one.

versedi said:
Do you guys really think there will be an announcement today? I think it's just teasing. We will have to wait a few days or weeks for full one.
I've never seen an announcement on the same day as a teaser unless they specifically mention a time to watch out for something, I'd reckon its a couple of days away or more.

I think so; Codemasters wouldn't get themselves and many related companies/drivers/etc tweeting 2.0 then wait ages!

Also: being UK based, think when they usually release news: typically I think it's 2pm or 4pm. But as it's 2.0 I'd expect 2pm UK time, aka 19 mins away...

versedi said:
I've never seen an announcement on the same day as a teaser unless they specifically mention a time to watch out for something, I'd reckon its a couple of days away or more.
Gotta build up the hype

They supposedly showed the game to the press last Tuesday, they could announce something tomorrow.

I don't usually participate in gossip topic, but 2.0 got me excited :) 
My dream is we are getting Dirt 4 2.0 update  <3

BTW Congratulations to Codies, apparently F1 2018 is doing pretty well!

bogani said:
Nah m8, Vauxhall Nova or pre-order cancelled
Don’t diss a Nova! I’ve done many a rally in one, and they’re incredibly good fun to drive!

SamRWD said:

Why would you want a Dirt 4 part 2 instead of a new game? It feels too far down the line for D4 updates.

bogani said:
Don’t diss a Nova! I’ve done many a rally in one, and they’re incredibly good fun to drive!
I'm not! If I could afford to do it, I would get that or something similar to hoon around a forest, cheap and cheerful!

SamRWD said:

There hasn't been any updates on Dirt 4 Steam page (https://steamdb.info/app/421020/depots/). Not even on the dev branch so I doubt it will be a Dirt 4 update.

SamRWD said:

Why would you want a Dirt 4 part 2 instead of a new game? It feels too far down the line for D4 updates.
Because I am not paying for a new game since I never got D4 I was promised.

It might be a 2.0 package including DiRT Rally 2.0 and the complete clean remaster of Colin McRae Rally 2.0 as a bonus.. 

SamRWD said:

I mean you have two choices. One is releasing a major overhaul of a game that got mixed reviews and most of the people who bought it have already moved on from. The other is releasing it as a new game and marketing it as a return to form for the developer and a successor to a much more well liked game.

Really don't see the upside to the first option.

bogani said:
I'm not! If I could afford to do it, I would get that or something similar to hoon around a forest, cheap and cheerful!
A Nova GTE is at the top of my most wanted car list. True story. 

Areyouben said:
It's past 2, nothing yet.                  
That's just cruel  :/
Saw 93 new posts in Gossip Thread and nearly collapsed... 

so subtle ....ben :D