F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

urgaffel said:
bogani said:
I’m a bit confused by this, does that mean an announcement or some kind of event is happening this Wednesday ?

Thought they already had a press day? 
Did we though?
Yes. We decided that in the gossip thread so it's now fact. 

Unless you called it off in the last minute thanks to @RallyDriven and asked them to return on another date? 

xcAzx said:
Speculation: Wednesday is also Oculus Connect 5.  Maybe there will be a VR announcement for it too.  Could Oculus have given Codies $$ to put in VR support?
Didn't even know that was near, will have to tune in!

bogani said:
urgaffel said:
bogani said:
I’m a bit confused by this, does that mean an announcement or some kind of event is happening this Wednesday ?

Did we though?

Unless you called it off in the last minute thanks to @RallyDriven and asked them to return on another date? 
Oh come on! Not everything that does or doesn’t happen is my fault!

Well there's a mountain of evidence pointing to that fact. I reckon they were gonna bang out the video and release date but then you piped up about a free lunch and they bottled it. 
Where @CodingRacer when you need them.

bogani said:
urgaffel said:
bogani said:

Did we though?

If you want the free pizza for when things go right, then you've got to accept the blame when things go wrong! 

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
urgaffel said:
bogani said:

Did we though?

If you want the free pizza for when things go right, then you've got to accept the blame when things go wrong! 
For the greater good!

I’m quite excited to see what locations we will be getting in the new game! I hope for a return of Finland and Germany, with some vineyard stages! I would also like New Zealand. I have never enjoyed Sweden, but I was playing dirt rally yesterday, and for the first ever I was getting the hand of it. I put in some fastest times on master difficulty and actually enjoyed it for once!

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
urgaffel said:
bogani said:

Did we though?

For the greater good!
Yeah that’s fair enough I guess, my guessing days are over

tbtstt said:
bogani said:
urgaffel said:
bogani said:

Did we though?

For the greater good!
The greater good!

I’m quite excited to see what locations we will be getting in the new game! I hope for a return of Finland and Germany, with some vineyard stages! I would also like New Zealand. I have never enjoyed Sweden, but I was playing dirt rally yesterday, and for the first ever I was getting the hand of it. I put in some fastest times on master difficulty and actually enjoyed it for once!
Are we getting a new game??

KevM said:
Probably not, according to everyone else, because of my theories they’ve cancelled the whole thing

JZStudios said:
tbtstt said:
bogani said:
urgaffel said:
bogani said:

Did we though?

For the greater good!
The greater good!

STOP SAYING THAT.

It seems that codies changed the base price of Dirt Rally on Steam to $39.99, 33.99€ over the last weekend - coincidence? :D

KevM said:
Probably not, according to everyone else, because of my theories they’ve cancelled the whole thing
Theoretically, if you were to say everything was cancelled because of your theory, Codies would need to announce something to make sure your latest theory is incorrect... 
Reversed psychology, that should do

carpa said:
KevM said:
Theoretically, if you were to say everything was cancelled because of your theory, Codies would need to announce something to make sure your latest theory is incorrect... 
Codies definitely aren’t about to announce DiRT Rally 2.0 and it definitely won’t be the best game ever

carpa said:
KevM said:
Codies definitely aren’t about to announce DiRT Rally 2.0 and it definitely won’t be the best game ever
If they announce a new game this week now you have made that statement then it validates the theory that your speculation is the reason we haven't seen something sooner.

With that in mind I think its only fair that you buy all of us kebab pizza by way of apology. 

I agree. Delivered to Codies Brum or Leam when we all arrive there to pick up our free early copies of the game that we deserve for being thoroughly messed about 

I actually hope they don’t change too much from dirt rally, yes at least 2 more locations are a must and some more cars too but the first game got so much right in so many ways.

it really had something special about it that I fear may be lost if they change too much.

But I can still remember how great Colin McRae Rally 2.0 was after the first version so I have faith ?

Dirt Rally got a LOT right, but there is SO much more that could be done with it in terms of actual gameplay. I'd like to see an expansion of the whole team management side of things (which Dirt 4 started to do,) an in-game livery editor (again, which Dirt 4 started to do,) a bit more immersion in the car park areas and in career-related events, etc etc. I love Dirt Rally but let's be honest, it's little more than a simple menu system wrapped around a really good rally driving module.

Agree these are all the things im hoping for too, just don’t want the actual driving physics to change much as they say if ain’t broke.......