DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

So it's ffb first then Germany, then the guys are taking a trip to the mysterious place beginning with h...

https://instagram.com/p/3tDw5kHw77

The FFB is coming boys and girls! Freaking fabulous beasty.

Traction control always on fix? :O I guess I will be all over the place from now on...

Also first week of July is when the Hojles round of World RX takes place - nice try with the pen cover-up Lee.
So I'm guessing that the team will head over to Sweden for the championship round with some gaming rigs to show off the RX content.
Long time ago @KickUp casually replied in this thread that Hojles is an awesome track, so it's highly likely it will be a part of the RX update/expansion.

(need to look into flights to Sweden..., seriously I will)

IMG - it's now guaranteed DiRT Rally will have an official licence from the World RX promoter! :)

EDIT: I see that certain someone couldn't resist putting his new car keys into the shot... :)

Very interested in the traction Control fix.

https://instagram.com/p/3tDw5kHw77

The FFB is coming boys and girls! Freaking fabulous beasty.

Traction control always on fix? :O I guess I will be all over the place from now on...

Also first week of July is when the Hojles round of World RX takes place - nice try with the pen cover-up Lee.
So I'm guessing that the team will head over to Sweden for the championship round with some gaming rigs to show off the RX content.
Long time ago @KickUp casually replied in this thread that Hojles is an awesome track, so it's highly likely it will be a part of the RX update/expansion.

(need to look into flights to Sweden..., seriously I will)

IMG - it's now guaranteed DiRT Rally will have an official licence from the World RX promoter! :)

If @justbiglee and @KickUp are going to Holjes then my jealously-o-meter just went to 11. It's the World Rallycross track I would most like to get to, but I've never been. Do you need someone to make tea for the weekend chaps?

tbtstt said:
If @justbiglee and @KickUp are going to Holjes then my jealously-o-meter just went to 11. It's the World Rallycross track I would most like to get to, but I've never been. Do you need someone to make tea for the weekend chaps?
Yup, I make excellent tea as well...

I've just a had a look at flights to Oslo and it's not terrifyingly expensive just yet... I think once in Sweden and Norway living costs in UK would appear low... It would be a pretty brutal trip: arriving on Saturday at 0.30am, sleep for a bit, hire a car in the morning, drive to Holjes, day at the track, sleep somewhere, day 2 at the track, drive back to Oslo and leave at 9.30pm.
(£320 for flights and car hire - anyone wants to come with and split the car hire cost ;] ? )

I'm really tempted as I'm free that weekend and really wanted to see RX this year. Oh and @dirtgame fellas would be there!

tbtstt said:

I've just a had a look at flights to Oslo and it's not terrifyingly expensive just yet... I think once in Sweden and Norway living costs in UK would appear low... It would be a pretty brutal trip: arriving on Saturday at 0.30am, sleep for a bit, hire a car in the morning, drive to Holjes, day at the track, sleep somewhere, day 2 at the track, drive back to Oslo and leave at 9.30pm.
(£320 for flights and car hire - anyone wants to come with and split the car hire cost ;] ? )

I'm really tempted as I'm free that weekend and really wanted to see RX this year. Oh and @dirtgame fellas would be there!
woa woa woa don't go booking things expecting us to be somewhere. 

which reminds me I need to get an img made up for something

Hehe not booking anything just yet, but a trip for RX Sweden seems like a good idea to me. With a bit more searching I'm now looking at £250 for flights and car hire and a full day on Monday to check out Oslo. I'd probably sleep in the car though :D Tickets for the weekend are about £50 I think.

It would have been a bonus to see you guys there and show the RX drivers how it's done on DiRT Rally. Kris Meeke already knows that pain with DiRT 3... (have I ever mentioned that story...?)

So the sooner you confirm you'll be there @justbiglee the better :P

tbtstt said:

And there I thought you were going to be meeting IMG Motorsports.....

By the way @GentleNameMVB , Scandinavia might be expensive prices compared to the UK but I donRally Sweden each year on a relatively small budget (~£150), flying to Rygge and flying back on the Saturday or early Sunday. Admittedly, I sleep in the car in -20°C for two days, but it's an experience you don't forget in a hurry! 

bogani said:
Turns out its not broken, its just to do with your brake strength setting (turn up the strength and they'll behave as expected). We are looking to improve it though when we do our next full handling pass on the cars.

bogani said:
Turns out its not broken, its just to do with your brake strength setting (turn up the strength and they'll behave as expected). We are looking to improve it though when we do our next full handling pass on the cars.
Ahh ok, so this has nothing to do with wheelspin when accelerating?

bogani said:
bogani said:
no. What is your issue with the wheelspin?

bogani said:
bogani said:
In my opinion there should be more wheelspin and the revs should be high when there's wheelspin and then lower after the car finds grip again. (like said in that one thread which name I don't remember now... Can't really say the above more precisely due to my lack of English words knowledge (also at the moment I'm too lazy to even try to explain it because I'm writing this from my phone haha))

bogani said:
bogani said:
To be honest I don't really have any issue with wheelspin. Maybe the RWD cars could step the rear out a bit more now and then.  Was thinking of the "need to model wheelspin correctly"-thread in the suggestion box.

Surprised Lee hasn't set up a thread for it by now, but the latest Roadbook is now available, unfortunately it seems like the FFB update has been pushed back a little.

https://www.dirtgame.com/uk/blog/4709

I personally don't mind the FFB delay. I'd rather see it done properly than being released early and not 100% done. :)

EDIT: Also, must one have a Twitter account to participate in the DTL thing? I really don't want one.

I personally don't mind the FFB delay. I'd rather see it done properly than being released early and not 100% done. :)

EDIT: Also, must one have a Twitter account to participate in the DTL thing? I really don't want one.
Probably not, but then there is the DiRT forum league. Check out the leagues section. Hasn't been a lot of activity on there lately though. Think @justbiglee  has forgotten about it

So I was zipping around Wales in my mini and I noticed a lot of new (Or atleast I think they're new) JRM banners by the road. Is this a hint that the Mini RX will make an appearance in the rallycross update?

there is the DiRT forum league. Check out the leagues section. Hasn't been a lot of activity on there lately though. Think @justbiglee  has forgotten about it
It's finished that's why.

We'll do 4 stages per week over a total of 4 weeks (because 4 is a fun number)

there is the DiRT forum league. Check out the leagues section. Hasn't been a lot of activity on there lately though. Think @justbiglee  has forgotten about it
It's finished that's why.

We'll do 4 stages per week over a total of 4 weeks (because 4 is a fun number)

Well I was on holiday for 2 of those weeks, so that would explain it!

So I was zipping around Wales in my mini and I noticed a lot of new (Or atleast I think they're new) JRM banners by the road. Is this a hint that the Mini RX will make an appearance in the rallycross update?
We've always had JRM engineering in the game as they helped us with some vehicle recording. 

Speaking of rallycross, I see we will soon have the first Beetle running in Europe...

http://erc24.com/archives/21443

...really not sure on the Herbie livery though! 

Well I was on holiday for 2 of those weeks, so that would explain it!
And there I was, thinking I was some kind of rally God because I beat you. #dreamdestroyed

Don't think this was posted anywhere yet
http://www.pcper.com/reviews/Editorial/DiRT-Rally-Chatting-Paul-Coleman-about-latest-Codemasters-Creation

There's some info on FFB and other stuff in development based on player feedback