F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

We we might have to start using the 4 flag Spam button if this continues....

Looking forward to the first DiRT Show and the new stuff we will see on Monday. Still buzzing a little bit of yesterdays announcement and for me personally the highlight was to see the EKS S1 Audi. Had fun time yesterday to try research as much as possible and suck in all details that I could find.

what you guys personal highlight was of yesterday announcement?

I wonder if Group B rallycross returns, maybe with the addition of the Audi Quattro this time, as well as the Super 1600 with a few more modern cars like the A1 and Twingo. 

Still fingers crossed we will see the older Supercars return. The MINI Countryman I can see return due to help promoting the Silverstone Speedmachine event and the Ford Focus in ARX DLC or as part of the so called Support series. So far only saw WRX and ERX cars, but we already know RX2 will also be in the game. I hope this will be more clear for me coming Monday. 

Sorry that my focus is more about RX. I also like rally, but I think I am less critical on the content of the rally part of the game.

JorritVD said:
Sorry that my focus is more about RX. I also like rally, but I think I am less critical on the content of the rally part of the game.
We already know that you only like RX lol

JorritVD said:
Looking forward to the first DiRT Show and the new stuff we will see on Monday. Still buzzing a little bit of yesterdays announcement and for me personally the highlight was to see the EKS S1 Audi. Had fun time yesterday to try research as much as possible and suck in all details that I could find.

what you guys personal highlight was of yesterday announcement?

I wonder if Group B rallycross returns, maybe with the addition of the Audi Quattro this time, as well as the Super 1600 with a few more modern cars like the A1 and Twingo. 

Still fingers crossed we will see the older Supercars return. The MINI Countryman I can see return due to help promoting the Silverstone Speedmachine event and the Ford Focus in ARX DLC or as part of the so called Support series. So far only saw WRX and ERX cars, but we already know RX2 will also be in the game. I hope this will be more clear for me coming Monday. 

Highlight definitely Argentina! Together with deformable roads and tire choice.
For monday I would hope for some pics from the other locations. Rally USA is the wildcard here, could be almost anything (surely no tarmac though). The roster would be best accompanied by Sno*Drift, since Norway/Sweden are absent. I also would like driving a Oregon Trail Rally or a Rally Colorado, something with mountains around.  What are everybodys guesses, how USA will turn out?

I’m still hoping for a surprise snowy Alaska location for USA ? Heck even Michigan could be good if it has more corner variety than its D4 incarnation. It snows in Michigan, right?

I'm mostly hyped because it's a sequel to DR and not D4
In terms of locations I've never seen a U.S rally in game that has ignited my rally spirit but I'm sure I'll have that changed.
I'm interested to see how they've interpreted Spain, as in will it be pure tarmac or a mixed surface event in order to highlight tire choice etc?
And finally very very excited to hear more about surface deformation. To what extent have they gone? Is it a case of road sweeping or simply weather based deformation? On tarmac stages will we see more dirt kicked out from the apex if we run down the order or are on a second loop of the day?
Lots of questions but already very impressed and very excited to see what is to come.

Hmm, would it be possible that the USA location is Michigan, but can be both winter and non-winter conditions to choose from. 

JorritVD said:
Hmm, would it be possible that the USA location is Michigan, but can be both winter and non-winter conditions to choose from. 
Ooh now you're pushing my buttons. Seasonal options for rallies?! Some seasons heavy snow, some seasons none at all. I think that's a bridge too far at the mo but it would be great

LOL

So, Scion is (was) the "trendy" brand of Toyota, think Lexus being the luxury version of Toyota.

The BRZ exists because it was part of the engine deal Subaru has with Toyota for the FRS.

It's basically (is) a Toyota with a Subaru engine.
Damn, forgot Toyota owns Scion. XD
I still can't believe that all 3 companies produced the same car without any trace of distinguishing features between them.
afahoy said:
I’m still hoping for a surprise snowy Alaska location for USA ? Heck even Michigan could be good if it has more corner variety than its D4 incarnation. It snows in Michigan, right?
Sure does, if history is to be believed.

JorritVD said:
Do the FH4 route? Would be awesome but I doubt it.
USA probably is Michigan, or was there another tarmac rally somewhere? I'm not huge on US rally, think it's more of an east coast thing, so I'm not sure what else there could be unless they just do the ol "This road looks fun, let's do that" trick. In which case the U.S. certainly has plenty of snowy/icy mountains.

Heh, it's not even 3 companies, Scion was essentially just a trade name, and they were ''cancelled' a couple of years ago now.

Toyota designed the FRS, asked Subaru to provide an engine.  Part of the deal was to let Subaru have the car to badge as their own.

Subaru = BRZ
Toyota = FRS
Toyota in the US = Scion

The latter was because it's a fun car and that was their fun brand in the States, mainstream Toyota's are boring and reliable here.

I wonder if Dirtfish is back? I know not everyone was a fan of the driving challenges but I would at least like to see the free roam area back again: it was a great place to get a better feel for the cars!

JZStudios said:
LOL

So, Scion is (was) the "trendy" brand of Toyota, think Lexus being the luxury version of Toyota.

The BRZ exists because it was part of the engine deal Subaru has with Toyota for the FRS.

I still can't believe that all 3 companies produced the same car without any trace of distinguishing features between them.
afahoy said:
Scion and Lexus are just international Toyota brands, not companies. In Japan all the Scion and Lexus equivalent products they have there are just badged Toyota.

GT86/BRZ is mostly a Subaru (who are part owned by Toyota) product - Toyota mostly contributed the electrics and fuel injection and not much else really... the manufacturer label on the Toyota GT86 says Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru) so they are not even pretending it is a Toyota at all really...

husker333 said:
JZStudios said:
LOL

afahoy said:
Scion and Lexus are just international Toyota brands, not companies. In Japan all the Scion and Lexus equivalent products they have there are just badged Toyota.

GT86/BRZ is mostly a Subaru (who are part owned by Toyota) product - Toyota mostly contributed the electrics and fuel injection and not much else really... the manufacturer label on the Toyota GT86 says Fuji Heavy Industries (Subaru) so they are not even pretending it is a Toyota at all really...
Yep, all three variants are assembled by FHI.

tbtstt said:
I wonder if Dirtfish is back? I know not everyone was a fan of the driving challenges but I would at least like to see the free roam area back again: it was a great place to get a better feel for the cars!
I hope it will be back to and have a bigger area covered.

Heh, it's not even 3 companies, Scion was essentially just a trade name, and they were ''cancelled' a couple of years ago now.

Toyota designed the FRS, asked Subaru to provide an engine.  Part of the deal was to let Subaru have the car to badge as their own.

Subaru = BRZ
Toyota = FRS
Toyota in the US = Scion

The latter was because it's a fun car and that was their fun brand in the States, mainstream Toyota's are boring and reliable here.
But then why sell all 3 models in the states? That's just confusing. And I NEVER thought Scions would be a "fun" car.
tbtstt said:
husker333 said:
JZStudios said:
LOL

afahoy said:

Yep, all three variants are assembled by FHI.
I hate that. Why do companies do that? How does Ford own Jaguar? Except isn't it an Indian company now? I don't like it!  :s

I'm "fairly certain" the GT86 was never sold here.  If i'm remembering the Toyota name, i keep forgetting the Scion was the FRS.

I'm "fairly certain" the GT86 was never sold here.  If i'm remembering the Toyota name, i keep forgetting the Scion was the FRS.
Thats a positive, they never sold it here, if you see one its been imported (illegally - too new to qualify).  

gfRally said:
Thats a positive, they never sold it here, if you see one its been imported (illegally - too new to qualify).  
Or just a modified BRZ or FRS, similar to what some Pontiac GTO owners did to convert their cars to a Holden Monaro.

Huh. There's a 2019 Toyota 86 that claims to be for sale at the local dealership...
Anyways, what's new and DiRTy?

For those who preorder, don't you remind how DiRT 4 was promising on paper? I have a note I found that I wrote back then (how nice) in anticipation of the game release  :D 

Australia

V2 physics

Flying finishes

Pvp rally

Lancer evo 6.5, Audi S1 E2

Full career

Better team management

Improved damage

Rally school

Cross platform leaderboards

Leaderboards in menu

Arm over arm animation

Montalegre/Loheac RX circuits

More talkative spotters

Sequence starts

Lightning tech improved

Reactive crowds, marshalls

Accidents

Procedurally generated stages

Windshield collecting dust

Car customization

Spectator mode

It still crazy how it managed to flop for me because on paper, it was totally fixing all the DiRT Rally shortcomings! I hope DiRT Rally 2 will deliver. So guys, just a reminder to think about it before preordering...

... but I'm preordering nonetheless haha!

Hyyype!  :#