DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Do the guys who've tried the game know if there'll be AI retirements visible on stage?
I don't think we've been told of anything like this, our input so far has mainly been handling.

Do the guys who've tried the game know if there'll be AI retirements visible on stage?
I've not played the game but I think I read somewhere that there are visible AI retirements

Lynx2000 said:
I've not played the game but I think I read somewhere that there are visible AI retirements
Do you think you can find the link?

I mean I understand if it isn't in as I imagine they want to create a great sim that works well online and AI retirements could be a distraction from other work Devs will be busy with, but as I play 99% single player against AI it would be a nice addition.

Well it was a feature in dirt 4 so I would guess it will make its way over into dirt rally 2 as well. In dirt 4 it always seemed to be breakdowns, I’d like to see something like a car in a ditch or off the road, that would be cool

Sounds like we get actual crashed cars this time. This part in that Dutch article:
Het viel wel op dat hier en daar een auto uit de bocht was geschoten of tegen een boom aan is gereden.
translates to:
What stood out was that in some places on the stage cars were spun off the road or crashed into a tree.

Well it was a feature in dirt 4 so I would guess it will make its way over into dirt rally 2 as well. In dirt 4 it always seemed to be breakdowns, I’d like to see something like a car in a ditch or off the road, that would be cool
Ken Block isn’t in this game :wink:

Thanks @Areyouben and @Lynx2000 . Appreciate the research and translation. Hopefully they do mean visible cars and not just tire tracks or some such. 

And @gfRally NO KEN BLOCK/ NO BUY!

I remember in WRC Evolved it was cool that occasionally you'd have to take over slower broken down cars. 

Flykas said:
I remember in WRC Evolved it was cool that occasionally you'd have to take over slower broken down cars. 
Also there were other events in that game, like wildlife, lightning, forest fires...

Flykas said:
Also there were other events in that game, like wildlife, lightning, forest fires...
Yea the forest fires and rock slides and such can get in the bin, but I do like the crashed/retired/ slow cars

Anyone else taking part in Rally G.B? I already have to put one big rock in the road for @RallyDriven delaying the release of DR 2.0. just seeing if I have to get any more ?

Have the antilag sounds for group a cars been reworked? I thought they were lacking a bit in DR & D4, in real life they sound much more aggressive, especially the cossie & impreza

Anyone else taking part in Rally G.B? I already have to put one big rock in the road for @RallyDriven delaying the release of DR 2.0. just seeing if I have to get any more ?
I'm planning to be on Myherin all day Saturday. Will be driving up to Wales on Friday morning and hoping to get a few hours sleep in the car Friday night! 

https://youtu.be/pqVhuWkwZTg

Some rallycross gameplay, hard to tell as they’re not the best driver but it looks further improved from dirt 4, looks like you will need to use the handbrake a bit more to rotate the rear of the car which is good
Damn, this makes me miss messing around in Dirtfish in D4.

So any news on Dirtfish making a return?

https://youtu.be/pqVhuWkwZTg

Some rallycross gameplay, hard to tell as they’re not the best driver but it looks further improved from dirt 4, looks like you will need to use the handbrake a bit more to rotate the rear of the car which is good
So any news on Dirtfish making a return?
I have my fingers crossed! 

tbtstt said:
I'm planning to be on Myherin all day Saturday. Will be driving up to Wales on Friday morning and hoping to get a few hours sleep in the car Friday night! 
I really wanted to do myherin but I won't get there on time as I'm driving up Saturday morning. May just pop across for the second run if it's viable

tbtstt said:
RWDsam said:
versedi said:
6:00 @urgaffel why the RPM meter is upside down? xD

https://youtu.be/Z_l8pMfs1HI

Because it is easier to see when it is about to reach a cut off value.
BTW airplanes sometimes used the same layout back in steam gauges era (so you could spot that one of gauges shows values that are out of the order).
Yeah, that trend carried on into the Group A era:

Full digital dashes have now rendered the (very cool) rotated gauges out!
Notice that the RPM gauge is rotated in a way where the vertical position corresponds to the maximum torque, or maybe to max rpm (which is i bit higher, depends on the engine's characteristics). That's what really makes sense and earlier as we were building rally cars and racing them this was that we were aiming at. That gauge in the game footage in the Golf II it's now really 180° upside down, i'm not sure it's how it was IRL...

tbtstt said:
I really wanted to do myherin but I won't get there on time as I'm driving up Saturday morning. May just pop across for the second run if it's viable
My original plan was to do more than one stage in the day, but I have been advised against it, so I am just going to stay there for the day. 

Myherin doesn't finish too late, so if I am awake enough I might head up to Gartheiniog for the last run there: given it's in the opposite direction to home though I may not bother, as I think it will be about 6 hours from Myherin! 

Myself think the best game is dirt rally , even hardcore etc, but the physics there top . There was a hope that will continue and judging by the video this is the same slag and dirt 4 ! On YouTube posted the gameplay of the rally cross with a view from 3 persons, and then the fears were confirmed . Look at the wretched work of the suspension!!! Machine as wood , especially when landing , do not have that smoothness that was . It looks like squalor and crafts like wrc. Disappointed to say the least ...

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
My original plan was to do more than one stage in the day, but I have been advised against it, so I am just going to stay there for the day. 

Myherin doesn't finish too late, so if I am awake enough I might head up to Gartheiniog for the last run there: given it's in the opposite direction to home though I may not bother, as I think it will be about 6 hours from Myherin! 
That's where I'll be. It's a great stage. Your more than welcome to bring a rock for @RallyDriven

Aaa1981 said:
Myself think the best game is dirt rally , even hardcore etc, but the physics there top . There was a hope that will continue and judging by the video this is the same slag and dirt 4 ! On YouTube posted the gameplay of the rally cross with a view from 3 persons, and then the fears were confirmed . Look at the wretched work of the suspension!!! Machine as wood , especially when landing , do not have that smoothness that was . It looks like squalor and crafts like wrc. Disappointed to say the least ...

I still think people should try the game before we form any verdict. Seeing the car react is one thing, feeling it is another. And I think most of us here agree that DiRT 4 rallycross was a step forward compared to DiRT Rally