DIRT 5 - Chat about the game and get support here. Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

JZStudios said:
MTOJay said:

KevM said:
I genuinely think the team are cautious after DiRT 4.  They’ll see how well the customers support them with 2.0 and plan a future strategy based on demand.  Why invest time and resources into something that isn’t making profit targets.  That’s what it’s all about after all.

If you want to see the game get VR support, support the game.  By bad-mouthing it all over the Internet, you are effectively damaging your chances of ever having the very thing that you want!

Wish the guys well and be patient.  Some day, all your dreams will come true!  B
well, define what you mean with support. i personally never said that i dont want this game to succeed. i support its development. but i wont buy it until it offers the stuff it needs before i can enjoy it. for some of us vr is as important as wheel support. you have to see it like this. would you buy the game if it had only keyboard support without knowing if it would ever get wheel/gamepad support? thats how important vr is for me personally. i simply cant enjoy any racing sim without vr support anymore so it doesnt make sense to spend money on it. why would i buy something i simply woudlnt even be playing a single minute? every single minute i would spend with dr2 on a screen i could spend in any other sim of choice with vr and have a way more enjoyable time. you wouldnt drive dr2 with a keyboard when you had the choice of dr1, dirt4, iracing rallycross, rbr or whatever with proper wheelsupport and ffb right? thats how important it is for me.

saying that we dont buy it without vr is not badmouthing. its just giving our opinion.
You've already made that argument, and we've already said we don't mind playing it without a wheel.
Let's take a look at Dakar, the wheel support is pretty bad, and they've had 2 patches in the last week, and it's still terrible, but people will still play it with a controller. I also have a pretty good feeling that much like every CM title it doesn't really support multi-monitor.

How is saying "We're not buying this." supportive?
KevM said:
MTOJay said:

KevM said:
I genuinely think the team are cautious after DiRT 4.  They’ll see how well the customers support them with 2.0 and plan a future strategy based on demand.  Why invest time and resources into something that isn’t making profit targets.  That’s what it’s all about after all.

If you want to see the game get VR support, support the game.  By bad-mouthing it all over the Internet, you are effectively damaging your chances of ever having the very thing that you want!

Wish the guys well and be patient.  Some day, all your dreams will come true!  B
well, define what you mean with support. i personally never said that i dont want this game to succeed. i support its development. but i wont buy it until it offers the stuff it needs before i can enjoy it. for some of us vr is as important as wheel support. you have to see it like this. would you buy the game if it had only keyboard support without knowing if it would ever get wheel/gamepad support? thats how important vr is for me personally. i simply cant enjoy any racing sim without vr support anymore so it doesnt make sense to spend money on it. why would i buy something i simply woudlnt even be playing a single minute? every single minute i would spend with dr2 on a screen i could spend in any other sim of choice with vr and have a way more enjoyable time. you wouldnt drive dr2 with a keyboard when you had the choice of dr1, dirt4, iracing rallycross, rbr or whatever with proper wheelsupport and ffb right? thats how important it is for me.

saying that we dont buy it without vr is not badmouthing. its just giving our opinion.

I wouldn’t buy a 4-cylinder Porsche.  I believe the car should still have a 6 cylinder engine like the last ones have had.  

I wont buy Breakaway bars from they changed the recipe last year.  I believe the Breakaway should still taste like it used to.

I don’t waste time complaining all over the Internet that things should be different for me to buy things I used to like.  Iv never posted a complaint to Porsche, or McVities or wherever, I just stay well clear of the keyboard and don’t buy what I don’t want.  It’s that easy.

if things change, I’m here waiting.  Cash in hand...
... Kev, I have a serious question that I think needs discussing.
What's a Breakaway bar? Is it like @urgaffels quexchexlax?

Oi! It's Kexchoklad  <3

Kexchoklad?  I’m intrigued...  sounds better than ‘Breakaway’ lol

FWD looks more or less similar to D4, so people might assume S "Oh, it's just D4.5". /S
FWD was kinda ok in D4, the problem was that everything drove like an FWD :D 

Buggies RWD Dirt 4, interestingly yes that behaved as you would expect from a RWD... 

KevM said:
Kexchoklad?  I’m intrigued...  sounds better than ‘Breakaway’ lol
...Is Breakaway like a Crunch?

JZStudios said:
I've got a feeling that here in Australia it's used for something completely different - Used to come in chocolate block form:
Image result for cadbury breakaway

nbates66 said:
JZStudios said:
I've got a feeling that here in Australia it's used for something completely different - Used to come in chocolate block form:
Image result for cadbury breakaway
It's a Cadbury thing? Looks like... a Kitkat maybe? But... round?

Keko55 said:
Buggies RWD Dirt 4, interestingly yes that behaved as you would expect from a RWD... 
Landrush and rallycross had a different handling model than rally. LR and RX felt great, but rally was just bad

Anyone else on GB Shakedown at the moment...?
Unfortunately not, I was going to but I decided against it as I didn’t want to be tired for tomorrow! But if you’re out on the stages tomorrow look out for me on the national rally, car 256!

JZStudios said:
MTOJay said:

KevM said:

You've already made that argument, and we've already said we don't mind playing it without a wheel.
Let's take a look at Dakar, the wheel support is pretty bad, and they've had 2 patches in the last week, and it's still terrible, but people will still play it with a controller. I also have a pretty good feeling that much like every CM title it doesn't really support multi-monitor.

there are many different boxes that need to be ticked for me personally before i consider buying it. and one of those in my case its proper peripheral support. be it wheel, pedals, anaologue handbrake, clutch, hpattern shifter, vr headset. all these things are vital for me to enjoy it. (besides good physics, great stages etc)

i honestly dont undestand why i should support something financially that would be in a state that i simply wouldnt enjoy. where is the logic in that? i buy something if its worth my money. and without all the listed features it simply isnt worth my money in my opinion. i dont perorder anything and i dont buy on promises. i buy things that are worth my money.

and if codemasters specifically asks the community what they want them to work on after the release, and if they specifically ask how their potential customers think about vr support then we do exaclty what they asked as. tell them how we think about it. you guys are free to say you dont need it, we are free to say we need it.

we are not saying "we are not buying this" we are saying "we are not buying this if it doesnt support what we need in order to enjoy it". who the buys stuff he doesnt enjoy? we are consumers/customers and not a charity.

Hey, another rally of the WRC is starting and here is Tanak's off in shakedwon https://twitter.com/neilhatdell/stat...687768576?s=21

It got me thinking that we wouldn't probably get such a loss of traction in Dirt rally unlike other Rally game that people tend to call 'too difficult'. Don't mean to be positive or negative just sharing observations :] 

Flykas said:
It got me thinking that we wouldn't probably get such a loss of traction in Dirt rally unlike other Rally game that people tend to call 'too difficult'. Don't mean to be positive or negative just sharing observations :] 
Well, I don't do it anywhere near as often these days but things always go horribly wrong for me if I manage to stall the engine before a turn in Rally games. :)

Jepsertti said:
Dytut said:

Kexchoklad. Now this awoke my sweet tooth. 
We have this in Finland and I guess it's the same thing:

Those really kind of look like Kit Kats or these nutty bar things... Do they have peanut butter in them?

MTOJay said:
JZStudios said:
MTOJay said:

KevM said:

there are many different boxes that need to be ticked for me personally before i consider buying it. and one of those in my case its proper peripheral support. be it wheel, pedals, anaologue handbrake, clutch, hpattern shifter, vr headset. all these things are vital for me to enjoy it. (besides good physics, great stages etc)

i honestly dont undestand why i should support something financially that would be in a state that i simply wouldnt enjoy. where is the logic in that? i buy something if its worth my money. and without all the listed features it simply isnt worth my money in my opinion. i dont perorder anything and i dont buy on promises. i buy things that are worth my money.

and if codemasters specifically asks the community what they want them to work on after the release, and if they specifically ask how their potential customers think about vr support then we do exaclty what they asked as. tell them how we think about it. you guys are free to say you dont need it, we are free to say we need it.

we are not saying "we are not buying this" we are saying "we are not buying this if it doesnt support what we need in order to enjoy it". who the buys stuff he doesnt enjoy? we are consumers/customers and not a charity.

Suit yourself then. I buy games because they're fun, not to justify my $600 peripheries. Sure, I've got a wheel, pedals, h-pattern, analog handbrake, surround sound, and triple screens, but I'll still play Burnout Paradise on a single monitor, in stereo, with a controller, because it's fun. Game doesn't even have FOV or an interior view. Same with countless other titles, I asked on the Firewatch Reddit how to lower the FOV so I can play on triple screens without throwing up and a dev just said "We never thought anybody would do that." So I played in single screen.
Conversely, I don't play games even if they support all that if I don't find them fun. What does your game list consist of? Because the only thing I can think of that matches that ludicrous list of demands is AC, the separate DR VR thing, Pcars and... uh... iRacing and LFS maybe? Does Raceroom do VR?

Do you like... not play anything other than racing sims? Or... not use your PC for anything other than VR and racing sims? I'm just kind of curious. I'm envisioning trying to use Microsoft Word and just being like "Shit! This crappy software doesn't support my analog handbrake!"

As an aside, you clearly just stated you're not buying the product which also makes you not a consumer nor a customer. You're perfectly within your rights to not purchase something, but don't pretend that you're a customer if you... didn't buy the thing... That's like... going to a restaurant and being upset that I got served the wrong thing when I didn't pay for anything.... and it's the wrong type of restaurant... I just don't understand the "logic."

JZStudios said:
MTOJay said:
JZStudios said:
MTOJay said:

KevM said:

Suit yourself then. I buy games because they're fun, not to justify my $600 peripheries. Sure, I've got a wheel, pedals, h-pattern, analog handbrake, surround sound, and triple screens, but I'll still play Burnout Paradise on a single monitor, in stereo, with a controller, because it's fun. Game doesn't even have FOV or an interior view. Same with countless other titles, I asked on the Firewatch Reddit how to lower the FOV so I can play on triple screens without throwing up and a dev just said "We never thought anybody would do that." So I played in single screen.
Conversely, I don't play games even if they support all that if I don't find them fun. What does your game list consist of? Because the only thing I can think of that matches that ludicrous list of demands is AC, the separate DR VR thing, Pcars and... uh... iRacing and LFS maybe? Does Raceroom do VR?

Do you like... not play anything other than racing sims? Or... not use your PC for anything other than VR and racing sims? I'm just kind of curious. I'm envisioning trying to use Microsoft Word and just being like "****! This crappy software doesn't support my analog handbrake!"

As an aside, you clearly just stated you're not buying the productwhich also makes you not a consumer nor a customer. You're perfectly within your rights to not purchase something, but don't pretend that you're a customer if you... didn't buy the thing... That's like... going to a restaurant and being upset that I got served the wrong thing when I didn't pay for anything.... and it's the wrong type of restaurant... I just don't understand the "logic."
I’m just imagining you sat at in your rig typing on a keyboard and trying to pull the handbrake to put in a comma and getting angry that it’s not supported

iracing, ac, pcars1, pcars2. dirt rally, r3e, rfactor2, lfs, dirt rally. also acc with the next update.
so yeah, close to all sims support. (apart from automobilista, but at least they are open about it and communicated that it cant be done with their old engine atm - next game they release with a newer engine will of support it out of the box)

i enjoy the occasional arcade game on a monitor myself. trackmania for example. i dont see dirt rally as an arcade title though.  and yeah i agree, of course a title needs to be fun and encouraging. thats the thing though, thats where dirt rally expelled. it was a pleasure to drive. but only in vr for me. the handbrake was installed mainly for dirt rally but after the introdcution of rallycroos in iracing i found at least another use for it. i think most agree that after so many hours of dirt rally the stages get pale. there is difference between trackracing against other cars and always driving the same stages over and over again on your own. after a few hundred hours it gets boring. thats why i had high hopes and was immensly hyped when dirt rally 2 was announced.

i play the occasional first person shooter once a month before i give a quick glance to my simrig and realize that i enjoy sitting in it and driving a lap on nords a whole lot more then anyhting else i can do on my pc. so often times i switch over from my chair to my rig.

its not about justifying what i spend on my rig. its hard to justify what i have spend anyway - thats only possible if you see simracing as a hobby like golf or tennis and not as a game. for me its the only way to somehow get close to what was my dream since i was a little kid. becoming a racing driver, that dream is not achievable. i can only chase my virtual career with my rig at home, that route only takes a fraction of cost and time compared to the real thing. at the end of the day i am grownup with a full time job and cant chase dreams anylonger. i have to come to the realiziation that apart from the ocasional kart trackday the virtual thing is the only way i can do it. thats why for many of us the high entry cost in iracing are not that big of a problem. wen dont treat it as a game, we treat it as a hobby.

if dirt rally 2 never gets vr support then so be it. then i will keep enjoying all the other sims that enjoy it. its not like there are none. its the opposite really. most new sims do support it, thats why its quite hard to accept. but i will do at last of course. if it is not there, it is not there. i am just voicing my opinion as i was asked to do. i am completely honest here, if they release a vr dlc 6months after release i would gladly spend 60$ for the full game and another 60$ for vr alone in an instant. considering how much money i spend on dirt rally 1 and how much gametime i got out from that it will still come around to be a pretty fine deal at 120$ for me if the time i spend with it is close to the same.

i am a potential customer. but only if the thing i am interested in really suits my needs ;-) of course i am not a customer until i bought something. but i will never be a charity that buys something just to support it.(and lets not pretend that cm needs that) i buy stuff that i have a use for and thats worth my money.

How many rally sims we have on the market, could you remind me, please? Did you ever consider how many resources it takes to make a rally sim compared to racing sim (in any department- physics or locations). And finally- do you think CM are a bunch of random people who don't know what they are doing and they just forgot to add VR? Or maybe they are a AAA developer who plans ahead what makes sense financially and what doesn't? Maybe you want to learn coding yourself and apply for a job at CM so you can develop VR support for free (actually I would ask you to pay a lot before I let you see inside my engine LOL).

2 rally sims. both support vr. apart from dirtrally 1 and rbr there is hardly anything "modern" out there that i would call a rally simulation.

no again. i dont think codemasters are a bunch of people who have no idea. how often do i have to say though that they asked to voice our opinion regarding vr? they asked us if we want it. so we are here, some tell them we want it some tell them they dont. all fair isnt it?

MTOJay said:
voice our opinion regarding vr? they asked us if we want it. so we are here, some tell them we want it some tell them they dont. all fair isnt it?
Voicing an opinion is one thing, spreading things like "VRORNOBUY" or effectively encouraging a boycott unless you get what you want is going a bit further.

MTOJay said:
2 rally sims. both support vr. apart from dirtrally 1 and rbr there is hardly anything "modern" out there that i would call a rally simulation.
So in other words DR2 has no competition (although SMS is rumored to work on something). Yet you still won't buy a rally sim that has no competition. Because it doesn't support VR. So you want everyone to get a worse sim, just so you and your two friends can put googles on your heads. If you don't get to do that, you won't be buying it. Because a priority for you is VR.
MTOJay said:
no again. i dont think codemasters are a bunch of people who have no idea. how often do i have to say though that they asked to voice our opinion regarding vr? they asked us if we want it. so we are here, some tell them we want it some tell them they dont. all fair isnt it?
So you did. 20 other people appeared to do the same. Now it is a time to move on- you should focus on convincing 99% of the community, because like you said CM is listening to us. Not just to 20 people. You won't do that by acting the way you, and your fellow memers do. The way you people act makes me with we NEVER get VR, so we don't have to deal with you after DR2 release.

EDIT: I can't help put to remember a good old times and discussions with Headbong on the physics thread. 

nbates66 said:
MTOJay said:
voice our opinion regarding vr? they asked us if we want it. so we are here, some tell them we want it some tell them they dont. all fair isnt it?
Voicing an opinion is one thing, spreading things like "VRORNOBUY" is going a bit further.
no. it is not. why the heck woudl we buy somethign we dont enjoy? saying "novrnobuy" is just stating "i am not buying it until it supports somethign it needs in order for me to enjoy it" where the hell is the problem in stating that you dont buy something until it supports something you know you need in order to enjoy it.

i can state all day long that i dont buy it until it supports vr. you can say you dont buy an iphone until it gets the fingerprint reader for example. tahts totally fair as well. "nofingerprintsensornobuy" do you really think that goes to far? people voicing their opinions? we are not saying anything is shit. we are just saying we dont spend our own money without vr.