F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×

DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

MTOJay said:
nbates66 said:
MTOJay said:
voice our opinion regarding vr? they asked us if we want it. so we are here, some tell them we want it some tell them they dont. all fair isnt it?
Voicing an opinion is one thing, spreading things like "VRORNOBUY" is going a bit further.
no. it is not. why the heck woudl we buy somethign we dont enjoy? saying "novrnobuy" is just stating "i am not buying it until it supports somethign it needs in order for me to enjoy it" where the hell is the problem in stating that you dont buy something until it supports something you know you need in order to enjoy it.

i can state all day long that i dont buy it until it supports vr. you can say you dont buy an iphone until it gets the fingerprint reader for example. tahts totally fair as well. "nofingerprintsensornobuy" do you really think that goes to far? people voicing their opinions? we are not saying anything is ****. we are just saying we dont spend our own money without vr.
This is what I am talking about. 

Guys- ask yourselves if you want to get a Dirt Rally 2 with bugs, worse physics, less cars, or less locations, or less features in general just so he and his two friends can use VR we don't care for.

SamRWD said:
MTOJay said:
2 rally sims. both support vr. apart from dirtrally 1 and rbr there is hardly anything "modern" out there that i would call a rally simulation.
So in other words DR2 has no competition (although SMS is rumored to work on something). Yet you still won't buy a rally sim that has no competition. Because it doesn't support VR. So you want everyone to get a worse sim, just so you and your two friends can put googles on your heads. If you don't get to do that, you won't be buying it. Because a priority for you is VR.

at some point you will understand that the difference between sitting in front of static 2d screen and literally sitting in a car is not just a gimmick. at some point you will understand.  and you are right. if it doesnt get vr i wont buy it, i have said it a 100times already. but i wont buy something i dont enjoy. and i simply dont enjoy simracing on a pancake screen when the other option is to sit in the car with proper sense of speed, proper sense of scale, proper sense of depth, proper sense of elevation and an all around better experience.

one thing were you are wrong though is that i want everybody to get a worse sim. i want everybody to have the same awesome sim. that why many of us are willing to wait some months and pay an hefty extra price that covers the developmentcosts. develop evertything else first and finsih the game and then at the end of the cycle maybe 6-12 month down the road build vr support as a dlc or special vr edition i dont care. i will pay the price and i will wait until all the other customers satisfied with the game first.

IFrallying is your thing, its silly to discount buying something with so much content as DR 2.0 for just not having VR.Yes , I do own an Oculus.

Guys this is really a waste of time and this is a gossip thread, not argue about VR thread. CM are clearly aware about the desire for VR, whether this makes them want to go ahead with or not. All the people who are acting like spoilt children demanding VRORNOBUY need to back down and realise that they won't get there way by ranting and moaning. Go into the dedicated VR threads and discuss things there. People who don't care about VR need to stop winding them up as that will just make them worse.

I want VR in DR 2.0 without a doubt and yes I will be disappointed if VR isn't a feature on release but I am happy to wait and see what happens and if not including VR makes the overall game better for everyone then so be it. Make your points clearly to the dev team on the occasion that they take your feedback to the decision makers. Would they really want to pass on feedback which is entitled people moaning? No, they won't so help them give us what we want by being civil.

IFrallying is your thing, its silly to discount buying something with so much content as DR 2.0 for just not having VR.Yes , I do own an Oculus.
that is totally fine. i am not telling anyone he isnt allowed to enjoy racing outside vr anymore. i can just talk for myself and i can tell you 100% that i dont enjoy any simracing title without vr - period. it is what it is, i cant change it. it is like that.

Coming from outside VR perspective, how does adding VR support subtract form anything else? It's not like devs that work on handling ar going to switch to VR development. You get another sub-team to do it. I personally don't think believing companies is the way to go. They already comfortably sneaked into AAA territory by announcing DLC, season pass and deluxe edition alongside the main game announcement (don't even get me started on pre-order culture). Moreover, why should anyone buy something they don't enjoy based just on faith? It's not kickstarter. If games are "too expensive to make" then you're in the wrong business mate. At least DR 2.0 won't have microtransactions and loot boxes (as far as we know).

Don't get me wrong, I want this game to succeed because I love rallying but I can't help myself but laugh when they say VR support is so hard and that it needs tremendous amount of work. Two, adjustable, side-by-side renderers that move relative to the car's position, some UI tweaking and you have yourself a VR game. Is it child's play? No, but it's not rocket science either. There's one big exception though. Having shitty, complicated game engine but one would think, that CM taken it into account?

So you want to spread the VR talk over multiple threads to make it difficult for Codies to follow all the feedback? I think you're not really helping your cause by dividing VR talk over 4 threads. Keep it in a single thread, rack up the posts and blow up the page count on that thread and Codies will see the clear demand. Now your VR posts will get buried below all the gossip and pizza's. That plus multiple small VR threads on the side is not as effective as one big fat VR thread. Besides, chocolate doesn't make me as sick as VR does, so, yeah.

Hey, can we just come to a compromise. Just enable real good support for Nvidia 3D vision, lol.

But on a serious note, I just recently got up to set it up properly on a projector and it is really amazing in AC and Spin Tires, it worked well in Dirt Rally too.

LMAO its ok to **** about chocolate bars , but not VR ..........................excuse us
If only there was a dedicated chocolate bar thread, like you know, the VR threads that already exist? 

LMAO its ok to **** about chocolate bars , but not VR ..........................excuse us
I understand that some of you are passionate about VR but, after 20+ pages of seeing the same posts cluttering up this (usually light-hearted) thread, it's getting a bit tiring to read. 

Chocolate bars are brilliant at any time though (for both discussion and for eating), so they are always welcome in the gossip thread. 

The chocolate posts will only last a day and don't cause conflict between non chocolate bar fans and chocolate bar fans, the VR posts have been going on for days and clearly do cause conflict.

Areyouben said:
So you want to spread the VR talk over multiple threads to make it difficult for Codies to follow all the feedback? I think you're not really helping your cause by dividing VR talk over 4 threads. Keep it in a single thread, rack up the posts and blow up the page count on that thread and Codies will see the clear demand. Now your VR posts will get buried below all the gossip and pizza's. That plus multiple small VR threads on the side is not as effective as one big fat VR thread.
Exactly.                                                                      

Many complaining players couldn't help it with their VR claims to embed the feature within the game... I guess if you desire to be realistic with your life, why don't you just get a low-spec rally car and participate in one of the open events available in the region? It is idiotic the way a videogame may lose its point of being a videogame through such laments.

Well the game isn't out yet to satisfy your needs, why rushing towards such claim of including the VR? There are many thoughtful ways to avoid the disappointment or the dissatisfaction.

There is a commercial strategy being considered in order to elucidate the sales process and the queries to see if it is necessary to include the VR program after realising a considerable revenue.

Well, dear complaining player, if you were an underage, it is fine because you don't grasp the market, but if you were an overage, mature up.

Darhour said:
why don't you just get a low-spec rally car and participate in one of the open events available in the region?
Eh, sorry, don't want to flame VR talk any further, but that's just not an option in many regions. Because it's not that simple.

Darhour said:
why don't you just get a low-spec rally car and participate in one of the open events available in the region?
Eh, sorry, don't want to flame VR talk any further, but that's just not an option in many regions. Because it's not that simple.
I don't disagree with you by having chosen my words carefully. I mentioned "available" to describe its availability.

But the VR should come after the game is being sold at least not on its alpha stage.

urgaffel said:
So... I'm confused, do you guys want VR or chocolate in DR2?
It is scientifically proven that 100% people will enjoy chocolate.