DiRTy Gossip about DIRT Rally Games

PJTierney

Message added by PJTierney

Flykas said:
Hey, can we just come to a compromise. Just enable real good support for Nvidia 3D vision, lol.

But on a serious note, I just recently got up to set it up properly on a projector and it is really amazing in AC and Spin Tires, it worked well in Dirt Rally too.
Oh, another cool concept that Nvidia totally dropped. Not surprised. I thought about buying it, but... The only thing I have that really properly supports it is oddly Deus Ex.
SamRWD said:
 LMAO its ok to **** about chocolate bars
Don't forget about pizza.
Got you covered, bro!

https://youtu.be/1Mosy1FLCNA
 LMAO its ok to **** about chocolate bars , but not VR ..........................excuse us
The chocolate posts will only last a day and don't cause conflict between non chocolate bar fans and chocolate bar fans, the VR posts have been going on for days and clearly do cause conflict.
Fun factoid, one time when my dad was a kid he went to someones birthday party, but didn't have a present so his mom bought a $5 box of chocolates (Back when $5 of chocolate was a shit ton of chocolate.)  Anyways, the gift opening comes around and the kid opens the box and just starts screaming.
Turns out the kid was deathly allergic to chocolate. Rest of the kids enjoyed it though.  :D

Thanks @ChristinaMc , you know why ;)                  
Cryptic insider comment. Typical PC snobbery again.  ;)

This is already 2 days old, but it contains one bit of info that wasn't clear yet: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/10/02/interview-how-dirt-rally-2-0-will-answer-the-calls-of-sim-racers/

Argentina’s, New Zealand, Poland and Australia are what we’ve got for loose surfaces. It was making sure they felt spot on, because the difference you feel between a surface in Poland which is incredibly fine, against Argentina which is incredibly heavy, we wanted to make sure that players were able to feel the differences between those two as well. So yeah, that combines very nicely.

So Argentina’s, New Zealand, Poland and Australia loose surface. That was obvious, but that leaves USA and Spain. Spain is Tarmac for sure, but USA is either tarmac, or if snow is not considered a loose surface (compact snow) we get snowy USA.

Nice to have the different DiRTy surface types as well between the loose surface locations.

Hi All.
Will we be having atrack side cameras only for the replays instead of the mixed views in the last 2 games
Kenny.

Areyouben said:
This is already 2 days old, but it contains one bit of info that wasn't clear yet: http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2018/10/02/interview-how-dirt-rally-2-0-will-answer-the-calls-of-sim-racers/

Argentina’s, New Zealand, Poland and Australia are what we’ve got for loose surfaces. It was making sure they felt spot on, because the difference you feel between a surface in Poland which is incredibly fine, against Argentina which is incredibly heavy, we wanted to make sure that players were able to feel the differences between those two as well. So yeah, that combines very nicely.

So Argentina’s, New Zealand, Poland and Australia loose surface. That was obvious, but that leaves USA and Spain. Spain is Tarmac for sure, but USA is either tarmac, or if snow is not considered a loose surface (compact snow) we get snowy USA.

Nice to have the different DiRTy surface types as well between the loose surface locations.
No Rules 2015 No Buy

Just realized that after all this VR support talk the only thing missing anymore is the helicopter camera view guy who filled this thread about posts how the first WRC game on PS2 had perfect heli-cam prior to DiRT 4 release :D

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
Areyouben said:
I got engaged last week and I may now have to fight to have this as our cake.
Make sure you replace the strawberries with kebabs.
I assume you have already negotiated kebab pizza for the Wedding Breakfast @SirPhilMcKraken?
Of course, the reception will also be a DR 2.0 eSports event with a RX supercar just revving in the background instead of music.

Gonna be a lit bash.
I like your style. Nothing says romantic first dance like a burst of anti-lag. 
Wasn't antilag, that was the pizza (dude, do you need to change yourself?)

Jepsertti said:
Just realized that after all this VR support talk the only thing missing anymore is the helicopter camera view guy who filled this thread about posts how WRC2001 game on PS2. had perfect heli-cam prior to DiRT 4 release :D
FTFmyPTSD.

Also, is it too late to record another set of pace notes with Phil Mills, where he's reading the notes while trying to eat a Cadbury Flake without making a big mess in the car? Look I'm just saying I'm not buying the game if that isn't in it (I'll accept it as a day one patch)

Edit: And congrats, @SirPhilMcKraken !

I would pay money for a comedy-esk set of replacement pace notes for DR2 that I could choose in the options menu.

A bit like those novelty GPS\sat nav voices.

dwkGravey said:
Jepsertti said:
Just realized that after all this VR support talk the only thing missing anymore is the helicopter camera view guy who filled this thread about posts how WRC2001 game on PS2. had perfect heli-cam prior to DiRT 4 release :D
FTFmyPTSD.
Yeah wasn't sure what to call the game since its official title was as simple as "World Rally Championship". :joy:

Keko55 said:
Do you tire of asphalt will use the Golf gti fwd?
I've never been more confused.
Jepsertti said:
Just realized that after all this VR support talk the only thing missing anymore is the helicopter camera view guy who filled this thread about posts how the first WRC game on PS2 had perfect heli-cam prior to DiRT 4 release :D
Oh man, forgot about that guy, or the infamous water splash debate.
#Watergate all over again. ::smiley:
#NoHeliNoBuy I like the memes we create in our own little community.

Looks like the cockpit camera movement is more in line with what I like. Hard to say watching other people play how much I'll like it, but definitely less rigid than D4.

I think for me the cockpit cam in DR was perfect. The one that was just past the steering wheel so all you could see was the top of the dash.

I've found a car I now desperately need in DR2.

Nothing says sex magnet like a joystick driven Saab.

...Or whatever this is

Hm, looks like Codemasters need to remoddel their R5 a little bit to have it the same as the real deal. Will be interesting if this livery will come to DR2.0

JorritVD said:
Hm, looks like Codemasters need to remoddel their R5 a little bit to have it the same as the real deal. Will be interesting if this livery will come to DR2.0
I don't see why not. There's still over 4 months to go, plenty of time to make it. Heck, I could do it in a few days :D  

Didzis said:
JorritVD said:
I don't see why not. There's still over 4 months to go, plenty of time to make it. Heck, I could do it in a few days :D  
I don't think they'll do it, unfortunately. Probably due to licensing. And the fact that that the cover art is already done.